November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

I understand being a little sad when you can't get pregnant and others so easily can it seems. When I had that phantom pregnancy I really thought I was pregnant and then sil announced she was and I was so happy that we'd be preggo together. When I finally came to the realization that no, in fact I wasn't preg I was sad, but still so happy for her. (actually I was devastated and thought there was something wrong with me and I couldn't get pregnant again). Then all my friends started to get pregnant and way waaaay back in my head I was sad and wanted it to be me, but at the same time still happy. It's just the scathing hatred that makes me cringe and wonder why. That same sister in law didn't congratulate me or even acknowledge my pregnancy though, and I was more than curious why. I later found it was because I am having a girl and all she has are boys and really wanted a girl. She has come around though, and is being happy for me and all that.

So I am the last one to finally reach V-day! I feel like I am so far behind everyone since I am due on the last day of the month. I'm excited to finally reach this milestone, but am nervous for the GD test, (which I have to wait four more weeks for). I can't wait to finally reach the third trimester, but at the same time I am a little freaked out that it's almost time for me to go through the birth process. My pregnancy seems to be going by so fast, but I am glad to watch the weeks tick by and feel her movements get stronger, and stronger. I can't believe I am actually going to be a mom, it's still a little unreal to me sometimes. It took us two years to finally conceive, and now it's finally our turn to have a child. I keep thinking how strange/amazing it's going to be when we are all alone at home with Coraline for the first time.

I just have to say I LOVE your name choice! I actually suggested it to my DH, but we are already kinda set on our girl name. (95% sure going with Isla). But gosh, I think Coraline is lovely! I also know what you mean about feeling like you are playing catchup with this group! My due date is only a week before you and lots of these ladies are a good 2-3-4 weeks ahead of me hitting milestones. (Secret confession) Sometimes I peak in the December or January group just to feel further along and not in catchup land! Haha... I'm weird.

Totally relate to the infertility and Facebook dilemma, ladies! When I was having trouble, seeing fb announcement/posts was always like a punch in the gut - especially when I wasn't expecting them and they came out of no where. I almost didn't post anything on fb myself because of that, but ended up doing a simple announcement. I think since, I've only done 2-3 pregnancy related posts just because it makes me slightly uncomfortable and I don't want to cause anyone pain. I know for sure that I have at least one fb friend who is lttc and I'm sure there are more hidden.

MarieMo, you are lucky you realized you had PCOS so early in the TTC game! I had no idea. Prior to Birth Control, I was always regular. I came off BC after like 8 years expecting to go back to normal quickly, and I never did. My body just wouldn't cycle normally/appropriately. I wasted like the first 6-9 months TTC thinking my body was just getting used to being off the pill before I finally sought help and got diagnosed.

Class went well tonight! It was all about labor tonight- not sure if it will be entirely relevant for me if I go straight for the c-section, but still interesting and fun to spend all night in a class with other preggos thinking about babies.

Gosh... This post was all over the place! Sorry to jump around.

Since my due date is oct. 28 I feel so far behind the oct group so I know how you feel. 4 weeks seems like such a big difference but it's really not

Since my due date is oct. 28 I feel so far behind the oct group so I know how you feel. 4 weeks seems like such a big difference but it's really not

True that! Especially when you consider our kids will all be like the same age/same grade. It feels long now hitting the preg milestones 4ish weeks apart, but it's really nothing.

4 weeks seems massive when pregnant e.g. difference between 8 weeks and 12 weeks or 24-28. but once we all get past 30 weeks it wont be such a difference. my cousin gave birth at 36 weeks (baby was just ready!)others go to 42 weeks. it will be interesting to see who goes first because it probably wont be the person who's due date is first.

4 weeks seems massive when pregnant e.g. difference between 8 weeks and 12 weeks or 24-28. but once we all get past 30 weeks it wont be such a difference. my cousin gave birth at 36 weeks (baby was just ready!)others go to 42 weeks. it will be interesting to see who goes first because it probably wont be the person who's due date is first.

Very true. I'm looking forward to when we start seeing birth announcements and "my water just broke" posts in a couple of months.

It's going to be so exciting see all the birth announcements...can't wait! And not very long off at all!

Finally started ordering baby's nursery furniture today, first piece is the changing unit :D can't wait for it to come!! Just need to move house now so I can start building everything!!

We brought home the stroller and car seat from the storage unit last night. It gets real when you bring those things home. Next is the crib !

Double digits for me - 99 days to go! Woohoo!

So I just realized that now everyone has hit viability. That's awesome! So excited for our little group. And yes, I can't wait to see the "I'm in labor!" posts, or the "today's the day of my c-section" posts! OOOOH I can't wait to read all the birth stories!

I'm feeling huge the last couple of days. It's hard to roll over and get up off the couch. I get out of breath walking long distances ..I can't imagine what it will be like in a few more weeks.

Been to mw and referred to physio. Hope they are useful this time. Also lo is measuring spot on :) phew

Ahhh I can't wait to see labor and birth posts!!!!! I am feeling both insanely ready and not ready at the same time. I just can't wait to meet this little girl and fall in love with her and see my DH as a Daddy for the first time. But then sometimes I do feel super unprepared. Once the nursery is done and we've take the childbirth class and such then I think I will feel ready.

I am also already starting to feel uncomfortable, and weight gain has picked up (at +14 pounds now), so I can only imagine how uncomfy I will be in a few months!

We have a wedding to go to in a few weeks so I bought a cute dress online, hope it fits well!

I'm also excited for the labor post, but I am going to need baby pictures to remind me that all the scary labor stories are worth it!

In other news, I just got back from my 24 week check up, somehow between my thick shoes, and all the water I drank today, my weight went up 5 1/2 pounds since I weighed myself without shoes first thing this morning. So my fundal height was measuring ahead at 28, and to the doctor, my weight jumped up more than normal too. He scheduled me the GD test for September 8th, along with an ultrasound. I think he is concerned that I am measuring ahead, and he wants to see if there is a reason why, yet he didn't come outright and say this because he didn't want to scare me. I am trying to look up what my fundal height should be. What I found out is that it should be roughly the same as how many weeks you are, not sure if I have that right? Has anyone else measured that far off before?

I was measuring 2 weeks ahead at 26 weeks...at that point I had gained almost 30lbs. I passed my glucose test. Not sure where I'm at now...my next appt isn't until the endod the month

I'm also excited for the labor post, but I am going to need baby pictures to remind me that all the scary labor stories are worth it!

In other news, I just got back from my 24 week check up, somehow between my thick shoes, and all the water I drank today, my weight went up 5 1/2 pounds since I weighed myself without shoes first thing this morning. So my fundal height was measuring ahead at 28, and to the doctor, my weight jumped up more than normal too. He scheduled me the GD test for September 8th, along with an ultrasound. I think he is concerned that I am measuring ahead, and he wants to see if there is a reason why, yet he didn't come outright and say this because he didn't want to scare me. I am trying to look up what my fundal height should be. What I found out is that it should be roughly the same as how many weeks you are, not sure if I have that right? Has anyone else measured that far off before?

Fundal height isn't particularly accurate, I was measuring ahead at my 24 appt but by my 28 week appt yesterday I was measuring about a week behind. They did a growth scan to check that that didn't mean he had stopped growing or anything like that and found that he is bang on average for his gestation (plus a big old head haha). But basically the variation in my fundal height didn't mean anything.

My SIL measured 3 weeks ahead on fundal measurements. Her daughter was born just shy of her due date at less than 7 lbs. Granted, it was her 6th child - but I don't think it's anything to be too concerned about. At worst, it might mean a big baby. And I'll tell this story over and over - my 90 lb (pre-preg) 5-foot MIL gave birth to my 9.5lb hubby without medication in 1975. I wouldn't be too worried about things :)

Don't worry about fundal height too much mine was measuring 23cm at 25 weeks and now it's caught up to 27cm at 28weeks. According to my notes they don't send you for a growth scan unless it's more then one measurement at more than 2cm out each way. A single measurement can be off.

Is a scan at 28 weeks normal then? I was never told about getting a third scan. I had one at 12 weeks, and then the anatomy scan at 19 and a half weeks. I don't really see any other need for a scan at 28 weeks, other than a growth check? Did anyone else have another scan at 28 weeks?

Some but not all do a later scan to check babies weight and position. Not sure if I'll be having one by my midwife. If not then I'll def have my sister (sono tech) do one bc I feel like I haven't seen him in so long and am curious how much he weighs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->