November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Geralyn, how fun you got to see him again!
My SIL measured 2 weeks ahead with her last baby, when she had an u/a at 34 weeks. Baby was born 2 days before her due date at 7lbs exactly. Lol. You just never know till they're here! Hopefully baby boy's growth stays at bay and you can have your natural birth :)

I finally got around to signing up for infant CPR and a tour of the birthing center. We'll be doing both in early September.

My grandma surprised us and purchased two cribs for us as an early shower gift (my shower is a week from today already!!). That was very generous and unexpected. :flower: We hired painters to finally paint our stairwell going upstairs, a project we have been putting off for almost two years (too dangerous for us to do ourselves), so we just added on the nursery as well. I decided on a light green to go with our nature theme. We hired them back in July and they should be coming either this week or next. I hope they don't delay! Now that I have the cribs, I want the paint done so I can set up the nursery and make it cute!

Have any of you first time mommies picked your pediatrician yet? I'm assuming all "repeat" mommies have them already. That's still on my to do list. I also still need to book infant pictures with a photographer. I know I'm cutting it very close on that one. I think I'm skipping out on maternity pics for budget reasons. If I have to pick between the two, I'd much rather have adorable baby pictures than pictures of me huge and gross! :winkwink:

I think I've found my pediatrician. He came highly recommended from a few people I know. I just have to call the office a set up an appointment I guess.

I finally got around to signing up for infant CPR and a tour of the birthing center. We'll be doing both in early September.

My grandma surprised us and purchased two cribs for us as an early shower gift (my shower is a week from today already!!). That was very generous and unexpected. :flower: We hired painters to finally paint our stairwell going upstairs, a project we have been putting off for almost two years (too dangerous for us to do ourselves), so we just added on the nursery as well. I decided on a light green to go with our nature theme. We hired them back in July and they should be coming either this week or next. I hope they don't delay! Now that I have the cribs, I want the paint done so I can set up the nursery and make it cute!

Have any of you first time mommies picked your pediatrician yet? I'm assuming all "repeat" mommies have them already. That's still on my to do list. I also still need to book infant pictures with a photographer. I know I'm cutting it very close on that one. I think I'm skipping out on maternity pics for budget reasons. If I have to pick between the two, I'd much rather have adorable baby pictures than pictures of me huge and gross! :winkwink:

Pediatrician is on my list. The birthing center has a list of doctors they recommend, so I will start there.

I think I had finally convinced myself to do a 3D ultrasound, but then the dishwasher motor decided to make ominous noises on Thursday night, so I'll put the money there instead.

The last nursery detail, other than adding a baby to it is to replace the windows, which will happen in September. I am hoping that helps us to better regulate the temperature in that room finally. Also to cut down on the noise since there is a fairly busy road behind our house.

I'm using my pediatrician from when I was little! When I was born, he was a very young doctor and just starting out. My mom and I loved him. He's still in practice now, so I called and they said just to tell the hospital his name when they ask for my pediatrician!

Thanks Princesskell!

Even though may not be too sure because dr is a bit concerned im gaining weight too fast...10lbs monthly...til now im 30lbs already and its the second time i have a little protein in my urine so im not sure if im retaining fluids..so he said it all depends as how i go to the drs. This pregnancy is so different because with my girl i never felt short of breath, gained weight too fast and my body is way bigger than with my girl. So wondering if im retaining or its just normal weight gain.

Jalanis I'm gaining that much a month as well, and had to be put on a heart monitor over night because I was feeling heart palpitations! Neither my OB or my general Dr seemed concerned with the results, nor have they commented on what I feel is a fast weight gain. Let me know what they say to you about the fluids things, if you would?

I have my pediatrician picked...I just have to go and state I want to use her as his doctor.

Unfortunately the doctor DS1 had when he lived with me is no longer at the hospital/clinic, so I had to choose someone else. And luckily the NP I go to joined the same practice within the hospital/clinic as the doctor I want to use, so she could even see Pickle if need be (which will be most likley as I prefer NPs).

After DS1 was born though I used the same doctor I had as a child, but after a few months (and years of me seeing a NP), I realize that I'd rather him see the NP that was at the clinic. He saw her from about 6 months to about 5 years old when we moved up this way.

The thing I am cutting close on atm, is finding a babysitter/inhome daycare. I'm nervous about that.

Then, this weekend we were supposed to go to the store to look at/buy the pack 'n play and carrier.....yeah that isn't happening. I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. (it's his pay weekend, and he said he wanted to go on his next check, which is this weekend as the last weekend of this month goes to rent).

Big Sister decided she wanted to feed her Baby Sister.

"Drink it all gone, Reese!"
"Good job, Reese!"

So excited to see these two together!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 3
Aw Mariemo chase is so cute!!

We don't chose a paediatrician over here?? :shrug: Is this someone who goes throu labour with you? We just get assigned a midwife for our appointments then get a hospital midwife assigned when we arrive at hospital :shrug:

Xxx

Aw Mariemo chase is so cute!!

We don't chose a paediatrician over here?? :shrug: Is this someone who goes throu labour with you? We just get assigned a midwife for our appointments then get a hospital midwife assigned when we arrive at hospital :shrug:

Xxx

A pediatrician is a doctor for children. They specialize in kids birth - adolescents.

My family doctor will probably be Olivia's doctor as well. It's hard to get a pediatrician here. They have to be recommended to you and most don't accept new patients right away. Kind of sucks.

Anyone have any tips for dealing with stress ?? We live with OHs mother who drinks. We'll we just got home from visiting my dad, and his mom's brother is here, uninvited and they both drink. They are thankfully smoking outside, but OH is super stressed. I'm trying to not let it bug me but it's hard. I'm trying to get OH to kick him out tomorrow. It's a sucky situation and I'm trying to deal with it as best I can. Just don't wanna get too stressed over it and cause harm to baby.

Thanks Princesskell!

Even though may not be too sure because dr is a bit concerned im gaining weight too fast...10lbs monthly...til now im 30lbs already and its the second time i have a little protein in my urine so im not sure if im retaining fluids..so he said it all depends as how i go to the drs. This pregnancy is so different because with my girl i never felt short of breath, gained weight too fast and my body is way bigger than with my girl. So wondering if im retaining or its just normal weight gain.

Jalanis I'm gaining that much a month as well, and had to be put on a heart monitor over night because I was feeling heart palpitations! Neither my OB or my general Dr seemed concerned with the results, nor have they commented on what I feel is a fast weight gain. Let me know what they say to you about the fluids things, if you would?

Sure will! But remember its my second time with little protein in urine also but i will let you know cause i am a little concerned about that.

Welcome Laylagirl. What's your due date ? I see you are team blue is it your first?

I just woke up to a nasty Charlie horse...that was not fun

I have been having awful Charlie horses in my calves at night! They are so tight I can never stretch them enough.

I'm due in November...hope I can join the group!

Hi Laylagirl :hi: welcome! Congratulations on the blue bump :happydance:
Tell us a bit more about yourself?
Let me know your edd and I will add you to our front page xxx

Thank you for the welcome! Im due november 22! Not my first, its my fourth! I have THREE GIRLS!! Im thrilled its a boy this time around! I have two from a previous relationship and this will be mine and my husbands second child together! So excited! Thank you again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->