November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

In other news, I got a bottle of EPO capsules so I'll start using those tonight, but I don't think I'll take them orally, I hate the taste of fish oil burping up and I imagine these will be similar, will they anyone who takes them?

I took EPO to conceive and will start taking again tomorrow @ 32 weeks. They actually don't burp up like fish oil at all - I'd give it a try orally, I promise they're okay! :)

Dragonflywing, I'm sorry. My fasting numbers were also too high, did your doc explain to you what causes that, besides the placenta blocking insulin, I was too upset by the news to listen. I was given a choice between the insulin injections and the glyburide pills so I chose the pills. I used to see my mom doing the shots and I absolutely did not want to do that.

Yes, she said that when you're sleeping, your liver dumps glucose into your bloodstream because it senses that you're sleeping, not eating, and normally that helps keep your blood sugar even overnight. However, since the hormones in the placenta are causing insulin-resistance, it causes your blood sugar to rise higher than normal overnight. Diet generally has no effect on fasting blood sugar, so there is very little you can do to control it. Exercise sometimes helps.

For those of you who have high fasting numbers, what are they around?

My entire office threw me a surprise baby shower today. It was so nice, but also kind of embarrassing to be put on the spot like that! I don't do well with a ton of attention. But still, so thoughtful!

How are everyone's ankles doing? Mine have been swelling a bit for a while, but nothing major. This week, they are out of control! Super uncomfortable ankles most of the day.

That's so sweet of them to throw you a shower. I hope you got lots of nice gifts!!

No swelling here yet.

Dragonflywing, I'm sorry. My fasting numbers were also too high, did your doc explain to you what causes that, besides the placenta blocking insulin, I was too upset by the news to listen. I was given a choice between the insulin injections and the glyburide pills so I chose the pills. I used to see my mom doing the shots and I absolutely did not want to do that.

Yes, she said that when you're sleeping, your liver dumps glucose into your bloodstream because it senses that you're sleeping, not eating, and normally that helps keep your blood sugar even overnight. However, since the hormones in the placenta are causing insulin-resistance, it causes your blood sugar to rise higher than normal overnight. Diet generally has no effect on fasting blood sugar, so there is very little you can do to control it. Exercise sometimes helps.

Thank you Dragonflywing, that makes alot of sense, I don't think my doc explained it like that, or I was too upset to listen. I was wondering why, that explains it.

And thank you Mariemo, I'll take them orally too then. Your starting them tomorrow did you say? Also wondering where to get red rasp leaf tea, might have to order it online.

Missy that is so cool of them! I understand how you feel on the embarrasment part, I get embarrased when it is my turn to open a Christmas present and all eyes are on me, lol. I'm sure I'll feel that way at my shower. My ankles are a little swollen but not near as bad as they used to be about 4 to 5 months in.

Mine have been around 100-110, and she wants me at 95 or below. Since I've been taking the medicine they have been around 95.

My left ankle is starting to swell, particularly in the middle of the night. I notice it when I get up to go to the bathroom and it feels like pins and needles when I walk.

And thank you Mariemo, I'll take them orally too then. Your starting them tomorrow did you say? Also wondering where to get red rasp leaf tea, might have to order it online.

Yep, starting EPO tomorrow, 32 weeks.
I got my RRLT at Sprout's - but went through it pretty quick so I bought a bulk amount on Amazon.

Missy how nice of them to do the shower, and to know to do it early for you!

My feet haven't swollen hardly at all but my hands and wrists have. My wedding rings haven't fit for a long time, and I definitely have pregnancy carpal tunnel. I wear wrist wraps at night now, but my hands still fall asleep and get all tingly sometimes. Not fun. The worst symptom by far is this back pain. I get shooting pains on either side of my back, on the sides right under my shoulder blades. When I drive it feels like someone has a knife in my back, I just can't find a comfortable position! On top of that I am just feeling like my bump is huge. Man it could be a long two months!

Dr appt went great! Only funny thing is instead of my whole foot to swell, only my toes are swollen they look like sausages lol.

Missy how nice of them to do the shower, and to know to do it early for you!

My feet haven't swollen hardly at all but my hands and wrists have. My wedding rings haven't fit for a long time, and I definitely have pregnancy carpal tunnel. I wear wrist wraps at night now, but my hands still fall asleep and get all tingly sometimes. Not fun. The worst symptom by far is this back pain. I get shooting pains on either side of my back, on the sides right under my shoulder blades. When I drive it feels like someone has a knife in my back, I just can't find a comfortable position! On top of that I am just feeling like my bump is huge. Man it could be a long two months!

Oh wow! That hand swelling doesn't sound fun or convenient for day-to-day activities. Shockingly, my wedding rings are still fitting just fine and I don't have any swelling outside of my feet. Maybe I should stop complaining about my elephant feet and cankles. Lol! I hear you on the huge bump! At my appointment last week I was measuring like I was 38 weeks (if it were one baby). It's getting very hard to move around and be comfortable! I basically waddle everywhere. It's very attractive, I'm sure! :haha:

At my 32 wk appointment.
I've gained 8lbs in the last 4 weeks. Yikes!
That puts me up to 25lbs above my pre-preg weight...and 8 weeks to go.
I gained 35 with Chase so I guess I'm not too far off...I should probably lay off the ice cream though...and candy bars for snack...and double breakfasts. But I'm STARVING basically all morning long. What's a girl to do??

Wow thats nothing mariemo! I've gained 40lbs already.

Woke up with a cold, waiting on nurse to call me to see what i can take.

Wow thats nothing mariemo! I've gained 40lbs already.

Woke up with a cold, waiting on nurse to call me to see what i can take.

I had one last week and took Tylenol for the couple of days I had sinus congestion and then did saline nasal flush (mist and neti pot).

Wow - I have just watched an amazing video from conception to birth showing the babies development in the womb.

If you have 12 mins to sit down and watch I would highly recommend.. and then give yourself a huge pat on the back for the most wonderful thing that we are all doing right now... It is inspiring :)

Search on you tube for Rolf Larsen Miracle of Life

So beautiful :)

Wow - I have just watched an amazing video from conception to birth showing the babies development in the womb.

If you have 12 mins to sit down and watch I would highly recommend.. and then give yourself a huge pat on the back for the most wonderful thing that we are all doing right now... It is inspiring :)

Search on you tube for Rolf Larsen Miracle of Life

So beautiful :)

I've been seeing this all over my Facebook but haven't sat down to watch it yet...will have to do so tonight :)

Mine were around 100-115. Since they put me on insulin, they're around 95. My goal is 60-90, so they might increase my insulin dose, I guess. I'm currently on 24 units of NPH insulin at bedtime. They did not give me the option to take oral meds instead, or I would have chosen that!

I woke up with a cold yesterday as well. Feeling pretty crummy, and kind of annoyed that I keep getting sick. Normally my immune system is very good, but since I've been pregnant I seem to catch everything that's going around. My doctor told me I can take Benadryl (antihistamine) and Sudafed (decongestant) if necessary. So far I've just been dealing with it.

It was my last day of work today :yipee: I was so ready for it in the end, I'm still feeling good but very tired now. I got some beautiful flowers and vouchers so I need to actually start buying some things for this baby now! :blush:
So now on to moving house day! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->