November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

I am over worrying about what my OB thinks about my weight gain. I gained 30 kilos with DS and managed to lose it all plus an additional 10! I have complete faith i will again (so far have gained 25 kilos)

I eat well too - some women just pile it on while pregnant. I do eat a hell of a lot more than if i wasn't pregnant for sure, but to hell with it I am growing a human!

My DH came in to my appointment yesterday and that seemed to keep my OB in check ;) she was a lot nicer to me while he was there.... after the previous appointment I was looking into possibly changing OB's she was so rude to me! Ill just take DH with me for now on lol.

Jalanis, two words for you after baby comes: Atkins Diet. Cut out carbs and sugar, eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day and make sure to eat every few hours and you'll drop the weight. I've lost 3 pounds in the last 3 weeks, and that's not accounting for the half pound a week that baby is putting on, just by following this diabetic low carb diet plan. I plan to continue eating like this after Macie is born.

Is the Atkins Diet suitable for breastfeeders?? I am so keen on trying it this time.

Jalanis, two words for you after baby comes: Atkins Diet. Cut out carbs and sugar, eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day and make sure to eat every few hours and you'll drop the weight. I've lost 3 pounds in the last 3 weeks, and that's not accounting for the half pound a week that baby is putting on, just by following this diabetic low carb diet plan. I plan to continue eating like this after Macie is born.

Is the Atkins Diet suitable for breastfeeders?? I am so keen on trying it this time.

Well, I don't know, I don't know a whole lot about it only it seems to be promoting more protein less carbs and sugar, I have gestational diabetes so when I think about how I eat and describe it that diet pops into my head. I plan to breastfeed too, I'll ask my doctor about it. I'm sure if it is good for me during pregnancy it'll be good for breastfeeding. I wouldn't take any diet pills or eat those atkins bars and shakes. I plan to continue eating healthy and cutting out sugar and carbs.

It's not recommended until milk supply is well-established, like after 2+ months; even better if baby has started solids. Carbohydrates are essential to good nutrition in a nursing mom, so cutting them out can impact milk supply, mom's energy, etc.

I'd recommend looking into South Beach Diet (starting at Phase II - no sugar but some low-glycemic carbs in moderation), or Weight Watchers for their breastfeeding mom plan. I did really well with the WW plan, but I was also 10 months pp when I started it, so nursing was REALLY well-established and my daughter had cut down a bit on sessions anyway.

I've been on the GD diet for over 2 weeks now, and although my post-meal numbers have been great, my fasting blood sugar is still too high. On Friday, the doctor decided I need to inject insulin at bedtime :(. So, now I have these insulin pens and I need to stick myself in the belly every night. Surprisingly, it hurts less than pricking my finger to test my blood! However, it means that I have to have weekly non-stress tests now to make sure the baby is doing ok. I also have an ultrasound next Friday to check his growth.

I have my c-section scheduled for 39 weeks on November 17th. I don't want him to come any earlier than that, because my parents are flying out from NY to help with the twins. If I go into labor earlier, I won't have anyone to take them! I would have to ask my sister in law, but she has two children of her own, so it wouldn't be easy for her. With my parents coming out, DH will be able to stay at the hospital with me and the baby. If it's earlier, I'll have to be on my own with the baby. Stay in there, little one!

Just had my prenatal appointment today. Weight is okay, measured 31 cm, baby is head down though his is facing my left side, and heartbeat 150. The big surprise is that I get another "mini" ultrasound at 36 weeks to make sure he is in the right position. I'll take any chance I can get to see him! So excited for next month now.

I've been on the GD diet for over 2 weeks now, and although my post-meal numbers have been great, my fasting blood sugar is still too high. On Friday, the doctor decided I need to inject insulin at bedtime :(. So, now I have these insulin pens and I need to stick myself in the belly every night. Surprisingly, it hurts less than pricking my finger to test my blood! However, it means that I have to have weekly non-stress tests now to make sure the baby is doing ok. I also have an ultrasound next Friday to check his growth.

I have my c-section scheduled for 39 weeks on November 17th. I don't want him to come any earlier than that, because my parents are flying out from NY to help with the twins. If I go into labor earlier, I won't have anyone to take them! I would have to ask my sister in law, but she has two children of her own, so it wouldn't be easy for her. With my parents coming out, DH will be able to stay at the hospital with me and the baby. If it's earlier, I'll have to be on my own with the baby. Stay in there, little one!

If Reese stays breech, we are scheduling a section for Nov 17th as well :)

I have a doctor appointment this Friday at 31+5. Do they typically start seeing what position the baby is in then? Or is it just the usual weight, doppler, fundal height check?

I have a doctor appointment this Friday at 31+5. Do they typically start seeing what position the baby is in then? Or is it just the usual weight, doppler, fundal height check?

My midwife just felt my stomach and was able to tell what position baby was in. I haven't had a sono from my midwife since 20 weeks but since my sister is a sono tech I had her do one at around 30 weeks just so I could see him

Pretty sure they typically check at 36 weeks. There's so much chance of them moving before that, it's really unnecessary to worry much about it. They might be able to tell by feeling from the outside, but again - it can change so quick. Reese goes from head-up to head-down to sideways multiple times a day right now!

At my appointment yesterday, my midwife felt to see what position baby was in. It was confirmed at the ultrasound later on that day.

My OB checks post on (she's been head down for a few weeks), heart beat and fundal height and sends me on my way. I wait longer in the waiting room to see him then when I'm in his office !

I'm hoping I get another ultrasound before she comes. It would be nice to see how much she's changed since my 20 week scan.

my midwife hasn't checked position yet (though she tried at 28 weeks briefly but couldn't tell) I haven't seen her since 28 weeks but will see her next week and hopefully she'll have a feel.

pretty sure she's head down though. if she turns now ill be gutted.

I had a really uncomfortable painful day yesterday due to being on my feet too much and forgetting to wear my bump support. looks like this support bandage is my new best friend since ive had no bump pain today :)

I can't believe how close to the end we all are now. I looked back at our first few pages and how excited/ scared we all were. that doesnt feel like long ago.

If you could say one thing to your 4 week pregnant self what would it be?

mine would be- stop worrying and enjoy it, baby will be fine and you are only doing it this one last time!

I'd say "just take the pregnancy test already and enjoy having a normal body for just a little while longer."

"This is what you've been waiting for, for a long time. Relax, breathe, take it all in. Enjoy every minute and try not to worry too much."

For you experienced mummy's would you recommend washing just newborn and up to 1 month clothes for now or wash all newborn, up to 1 month and 0-3?

It's my job this weekend!

Don't take tags off of MOST items if you can help it! Just wash a few items in newborn and 0-3 size - you never know what size baby will be. My daughter stayed in newborn clothes for 3 months, was in 0-3 for 3 months, and then 3-6 for about 14 minutes. All my cute (tags off, washed) 0-3 month summer clothes never got touched :(

I would tell myself to remember this is my last one - so enjoy it, don't rush it, and remember/document as much as you can.

Dragonflywing, I'm sorry. My fasting numbers were also too high, did your doc explain to you what causes that, besides the placenta blocking insulin, I was too upset by the news to listen. I was given a choice between the insulin injections and the glyburide pills so I chose the pills. I used to see my mom doing the shots and I absolutely did not want to do that. I don't mind being pregnant right not, I'm not all that uncomfortable or in pain to be honest, but I'll be glad to be rid of all these pregnancy induced health problems and to not have to take 8 pills in the morning and 3 at night anymore. And I could do without the finger poking bit too. I'm sorry you have to take shots, but at least it's not for too much longer right? Thats how I look at it.
In other news, I got a bottle of EPO capsules so I'll start using those tonight, but I don't think I'll take them orally, I hate the taste of fish oil burping up and I imagine these will be similar, will they anyone who takes them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->