November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Dissy and Mandaa, I'm with you ladies, 38 would be great!! Lol.

Me too - I saw the Consultant on Friday and am being induced at 38/39 weeks unless I go into labour naturally before then..

Might have to change my maternity leave now since I was hoping to work until 38 weeks :wacko:

I am getting braxton hicks more and more frequently now too... anyone else? In particular if I have perhaps overdone it.. I was at a wedding on Saturday and it was a wonderful day but long and tiring and by the end of the day, it was almost as if the baby was telling me to go and lie down!

Had my consultant appointment today the plan is to try for a vbac but if I don't go by 40+12 I'll have a c-section they will do a sweep at 41 weeks and book section.

OH is very on board with helping my get baby out once I'm 38 weeks.

I've had more braxton hicks too esp when I overdo it or in ill (DS projectile vomiting last night lovely)

Had my consultant appointment today the plan is to try for a vbac but if I don't go by 40+12 I'll have a c-section they will do a sweep at 41 weeks and book section.

OH is very on board with helping my get baby out once I'm 38 weeks.

I've had more braxton hicks too esp when I overdo it or in ill (DS projectile vomiting last night lovely)

Glad to know it is not just me... projectile vomit sounds fun!

Hi ladies, I'm about 12 pages behind and super swamped, but I wanted to pop in and say hello. Sorry for the lousy post!

This is my last week of work then i start mat leave!!!

My work has been trying to get me to agree to working longer... like another 3 weeks! But id also have to get a med cert to state i am in good enough condition to do so.

To much of their annoyance I have declined. I can not imagine working 3 weeks more (total 4 weeks from now) with all of these braxton hicks I am getting, nausea and preggo brain!!

Had my doctors appointment today and he confirmed that I did pass my glucose test and that my levels were normal :)
I'm other news my mom's friend thinks I'm going to go three weeks early ... which would be 6 weeks from now. Um no thanks lol. I want her cooking right til the end !

So not ready to see the dr tomorrow regarding weight gain..but ready to talk to him about my sore throat i can barely even talk..lets see how that goes tomorrow and about my braxton hicks, and leaking milk already.

I've got all the old wives' tales ready to roll (or at least on order!).

- Currently drinking RRLT twice a day, will be adding capsules at 32 weeks
- Starting EPO at 32 weeks, 2x/day + vaginally until 36 weeks, then 4x/day + vaginally
- Clary sage oil on order, for bump massage starting at 37 weeks
- Black & Blue Cohosh tinctures on order, starting at 38 weeks
- Borrowing my mom's yoga ball this week, will be sitting on that as much as I can
- Evening walks will be starting soon, but they have to be short - they give me tons of BH, and make my back hurt like crazy
- Found 2 different acupressure (aka, foot massage!) places - one by work, one by home. Need to do a little more research, but will probably try starting at 38-39 weeks as well.

Of course, DH is always on board for sex, so that one's a given, LOL!

My ideal date would be 38+5 (Nov 17th) but that's just because I want that DATE. LOL! Otherwise, I'd be happy to go at 40+2 (Nov 21st) - which would get me home before Thanksgiving, so that would be awesome. Otherwise, it's a section on November 26th - day before Thanksgiving. BOO. I may try to convince my OB to let me go until the following Monday, which would be way later than she wants me to (41+5) but then I could enjoy a good long weekend with my family before all hell breaks loose!!

So not ready to see the dr tomorrow regarding weight gain..but ready to talk to him about my sore throat i can barely even talk..lets see how that goes tomorrow and about my braxton hicks, and leaking milk already.

I have my midwife appt and I'm scared to see what they day about my weight

I have my midwife appt and I'm scared to see what they day about my weight

So am i but ive had enough....i started at 134 and at my last appt i was 174...i do munch here and there but not as much to gain soo much....i am just enjoying these 5 last weeks cause after delivery im going to get in a strict diet

Jalanis, two words for you after baby comes: Atkins Diet. Cut out carbs and sugar, eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day and make sure to eat every few hours and you'll drop the weight. I've lost 3 pounds in the last 3 weeks, and that's not accounting for the half pound a week that baby is putting on, just by following this diabetic low carb diet plan. I plan to continue eating like this after Macie is born.

I started at 137 and weighed 182 last time. GOODNESS. GRACIOUS. I haven't really changed my eating habits, either! I just pack on the pounds, I guess. I know I'm going to break the 200 mark at this rate. Ugh. Blegh.

What do BH contractions feel like? I know they're hard to describe but as this is my first pregnancy I have no idea what to expect or look out for! I have been getting these odd fluttery pulling feelings lower than where my little lady usually hits, but I thought BH was more cramp-like? :wacko:

I feel bad now ! Pre-pregnancy I weighed about 165/170 lbs, and after today's appointment, I weigh about 188 lbs - so only about 18 lbs so far. I'm surprised I haven't put on more since I tend to gain weight very fast, so I guess most of it is mostly baby, lol.

Jalanis, two words for you after baby comes: Atkins Diet. Cut out carbs and sugar, eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day and make sure to eat every few hours and you'll drop the weight. I've lost 3 pounds in the last 3 weeks, and that's not accounting for the half pound a week that baby is putting on, just by following this diabetic low carb diet plan. I plan to continue eating like this after Macie is born.

I cant live without sugar! Ive never done a diet before so im not sure what exactly has carbs in it. Im more of one of those that need a diet plan to know what to eat and snack on.

I'd rather live without sugar if it means I can get my old body back, my first pre-baby body. I weigh way way too much and eating like this is the Only thing that has ever worked for me. You get to eat all the protein, cheese and fruits and veggies that you want. Well, most veggies. And it's not like you have to completely cut out sugar, you can have a candy or small piece of cake, small amount of icecream, just not 3 or 4 sodas a day and cake and icecream and etc etc. It's way easier than counting calories. It's not the fat content that makes you fat, it's the sugar in excess of the energy you use that your body stores as fat. Oops I have to go read to my son, I'll be back and finish what I'm trying to say.

I'd rather live without sugar if it means I can get my old body back, my first pre-baby body. I weigh way way too much and eating like this is the Only thing that has ever worked for me. You get to eat all the protein, cheese and fruits and veggies that you want. Well, most veggies. And it's not like you have to completely cut out sugar, you can have a candy or small piece of cake, small amount of icecream, just not 3 or 4 sodas a day and cake and icecream and etc etc. It's way easier than counting calories. It's not the fat content that makes you fat, it's the sugar in excess of the energy you use that your body stores as fat. Oops I have to go read to my son, I'll be back and finish what I'm trying to say.

I rarely drink a soda but i do eat sugary cereal, my regular normal day for bkfast its rare if i eat bkfast i wake up late, for lunch i will eat anything, and for dinner either cereal or wheat toast with butter with milk...and my snacks daily would be melon, oranges, granola bars, chips (not always), bananas.....and sometimes i need to drink milk, i love milk.

It's easy for me to eat like this now because I have to for my baby, the real test is after I have the baby can I continue with this new way of eating, we'll see. I do want to get healthier though, for me. My step father passed away last month and before he did he all kinds of health problems because he was not healthy, he had high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart problems, breathing problems, he didn't drink water or eat right or exercise. It's a real wakeup call to be healthy you know? And I have to drop some weight to not get real diabetes or have high blood pressure. I need to get active and change my lifestyle. Not to look good, but to feel good, and hopefully live longer. It's funny all the things you think about when your pregnant.

It's easy for me to eat like this now because I have to for my baby, the real test is after I have the baby can I continue with this new way of eating, we'll see. I do want to get healthier though, for me. My step father passed away last month and before he did he all kinds of health problems because he was not healthy, he had high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart problems, breathing problems, he didn't drink water or eat right or exercise. It's a real wakeup call to be healthy you know? And I have to drop some weight to not get real diabetes or have high blood pressure. I need to get active and change my lifestyle. Not to look good, but to feel good, and hopefully live longer. It's funny all the things you think about when your pregnant.

I agree with you...once my lil one is born im gonna start running on treadmill and excercising and of course eat healthy to lose weight

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->