November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

My cousin that had her little boy 5 weeks early told me he basically kicked his own waters out :shrug: Did not even know that was possible, but now I get to add it to my list of things to worry about! I've been feeling really crampy and had a little more "wetness" than usual, also. But, she's still maintaining her active lifestyle without any changes so I don't know when/if to start worrying.

We got our carseat the other day! It's a Baby Trend in Kailey style. Super cute and super easy to take in and out of my little car! https://www.babytrend.com/car_seats_flex-loc/CS41716.html

Also, I guess one of the best purchases anyone can make (according to my family) is the Fisher Price Snugamonkey Deluxe Newborn Rock N Play Sleeper...apparently it really helps with infants that have reflux and make a great replacement for the traditional bassinet. We're getting one from the baby shower, and I know this because my mom is horrible at keeping quiet! We're also getting a baby monitor for sure. :happydance: So all of our big things are bought and ready!

Atm, my husband is putting up the shelves in the nursery and we're finishing up the window seat that we built. I can't wait to post pictures of it!

We got a rock and play too. I think I'm going to either use that or the bassinet part of the pack and play for him to sleep in the beginning

I also got the Snug-a-monkey Rock and Play x2. My mom friends all swear by it! My cousin had to literally wean her son off of it when he started to get too big for it and it was time for the crib. In baby class, our instructor made a BIG deal about making sure baby sleeps flat on back to prevent SIDS. I asked about Rock and Plays, and my instructor basically said it's not within SIDS prevention guidelines. :shrug: I still plan on using it though. I know at least 3-4 babies who slept in and loved these things. They are all alive and well. :winkwink: I also have a twin pack n play with two bassinets attached. I'll also either use that or the Rock and Plays initially depending what babies prefer.

Today was my birthday and I had my THIRD shower/bday party. It was small, just family and a few close friends, but I feel very spoiled. Actually, more like my children are spoiled. I think we have enough clothes to last the next two years. All of our big stuff was taken care of. We still need to get high chairs for later on, a baby monitor and a breast pump (my insurance won't cover an electric pump, only manual), but we have money on gift cards to help with these purchases. I feel very, very blessed.

Happy birthday Missy! I bet it felt pretty rad to get to open so many presents again :winkwink:

Happy birthday Missy! Glad you have such supportive family and friends...that'll get you through so much!

My daughter slept in the Rock n Play for the first few weeks - we only moved her to the bassinet because she couldn't poop on an incline! She'd be all gassy and whiny, and then we laid her flat and BAM! Poop. Farts. Happy baby. LOL. But a friend borrowed it for her baby, and she slept in it (or at least, napped in it) for the majority of her first 6 months of life.

RANT:
Went camping this weekend with family. I use the term camping lightly - we had cabins with air, bathroom, kitchen, bed, etc :). It was a lot of fun, my 2yo had a blast! But the 4 hour drive there was brutal, 4 hour drive back almost as bad (she napped for a portion of that one). Plus my husband is really, really pissy and has lost basically all of his patience. He made some stupid comment last night, completely off-handedly, that had me in tears. Chase was in one of her crazy toddler melt-downs, and he snapped that "I don't even know why the hell we wanted to have another one of these." My 7-month pregnant hormonal self couldn't handle it. I kept it together for about 5 minutes until we got Chase into bed for me to read her stories, and then I lost it. Poor girl had no idea why her mommy was crying. She kept asking me "Mommy got owie? Mommy, you okay?" At one point she asked, "Mommy busted her chin?" and that snapped me out of it. She kissed my chin and hugged me and it was all okay. We read books and sang songs and she went to bed. Reese was moving and shaking away in my belly, reminding me she was there for me too.

Please don't get me wrong, DH is an incredible father and an amazing husband. But he can have a short fuse, especially if he doesn't get enough alone time. He's a hard-core introvert, and trips like this are hard because they're very socially demanding. He tends to act like an ass sometimes when it gets too much. But I guarantee you when I get home today, all the laundry will be done and the house will be clean (he works from home). LOL. He apologizes in very domestic ways!

Sorry for the rant. I just needed to get that out somewhere. What better place than a forum of OTHER hormonal pregnant ladies? :)

My hubby is the same way MarieMo. He can't handle more than one thing at a time and gets overwhelmed easily. Usually I just ignore him if he's in this state and then he's fine when he gets it out but my pregnant hormonal self just cries now and then he feels really bad

LOL - glad it's not just my husband. I've found that ignoring is my best plan of action as well. He'll get over himself eventually and all will be fine.

I just had to go to the dentist for a filling. I was hoping to wait on it until after the baby, but the tooth broke a little this weekend and now I'm worried that I waited too long. If it still hurts after the numbness goes away, I may have to go on antibiotics and then have a root canal after the baby comes. I guess the bright side is that if I can deal with the pain of natural child birth, then I can deal with a root canal.

Happy birthday missy! :hugs:

Mariemo my dh is the same. Any tiny (normal), toddler attitude he's like 'what's wrong with her?' 'whys she being naughty?' pees me off!, I think she's pretty well behaved in general, it worries me how he'll handle two!!...men...meh!

I'm losing quite a bit of 'wetness', I don't think it's waters but how would you know?? :shrug: xxx

PK, when is your anniversary? I just realized we're close...DH and I are going on 4 years on October 9th. And again - glad to hear I'm not the only one with this kind of hubby! LOL. I really do wonder how he'll deal with 2 girls, especially when one is 2 and the other is 4...poor guy!

Question for all - how long have you been married and/or been with your partner?

I've been with my husband for 7 years, married for 2.5.

I don't know how my husband is going to deal with baby #3! He can barely keep his wits about him with the twins. It will be interesting.

I've been with my DH for 9 years, and married for just over 4 years. Kids have been a long time coming for us. First I had to convince my DH it was time to TTC and the time was right, the we hit a snag and it took us two years to conceive. I can't wait to finally see little us in little people! We've been together since my last year in college- really just babies when we started dating! Now we are in our early 30's and I'm just sooooo ready to finally start a family with him.

My DH sounds a lot like your men. He's a kind, wonderful, loving person and I can't imagine my life without him. I'm sure he'll be a wonderful father, but he definitely is a one track minded person who can get frustrated easily by changes to his routine and he's never been really good about going with the flow. He's a planner and thinks things through. I'm fully expecting a few full on meltdowns from him when babies first arrive just because of who he is. If he's ever going off on a "temper tantrum" I also find ignoring him is the best course of action. He recovers so much faster if I don't engage or react.

I've been with my husband for almost 4 years - married for almost 6 months... We were 9 weeks pregnant at the wedding :shhh: We started to NTNP in February in preparation for TTC after our wedding in April, but were apparently very blessed in being able to conceive so quickly... first time and BAM.

Ive been 6 months with my hubbs and 4 years married....i was also pregnant with my Lo at the tine we got married.

I have been with my husband for 7 years, and married for 5 of those years. It took us 2 years trying off and on to conceive.

I've been with my husband for five years, and we've been married for one. He's 4 years older than me and his biological clock was ticking a lot faster than mine! We started NTNP this January because I am graduating in a year and thought it might take awhile...2 months later I get my bfp :dohh: now he struts around like a peacock thinking he's got "strong swimmers" haha!

I've been with my boyfriend for just over 4 years.

He's kind of got a short temper as well but rarely ever gets upset with me. He kind of had a shitty upbringing so any little thing that pissed him off kind of gets to him. I just learn to listen to what he says and not make it worse !

Ack! Help ladies. I think it's very possible I just lost my mucus plug. It was thick and clear, like ecwm, and very stringy. There was a ton of it. TMI, but DH and I also DTD so it's possible it's from that but I've never had that much discharge before. Kind of freaking out. I have a doc appointment in the morning though.

Isnt mucus plug like brown/redish color? I always have discharge like ewcm and its normal not mucus plus for me.

I've read/heard it's fine to lose your mucus plug, as it can regenerate itself. I'd mention it at your appointment. If anything changes and your water breaks or you start having contractions or any changes at all, I'd call right away.

I lost some of mine a couple months back, but my midwife wasn't concerned; however, it wasn't A LOT, it was just a nickel sized yellowish globby discharge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->