• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Salu, looks like you caught come great moments in these pics.

I agree, Dissy, she does look like her daddy.

I'm still having a hard time figuring out who my boy looks like. I don't have many pics of myself at that age, and I have none of the donor.

Mattison seems to be doing well after the circumcision and the BF schedule has not been interrupted. He cluster feeds in the evening in prep for a 3 hour sleeping stretch at night. Now that I've figured this out, I'm sure he will hit a growth spurt and the schedule will get thrown off.

Unfortunately, the pants he was wearing yesterday were too tight in the waist and irritated the umbilical stump. Just trying to keep it dry now and hope the skin doesn't turn red around it.

And here is a series of facial expressions I caught this morning. Can't wait until he smiles for real.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 17
Dissy, she looks so much like your DH.

Missy, such cute faces.

I wish I could get pics of Eryk smiling but the little stinker is so quick with them. He's actually starting to do it socially, but its rare. Most of the time it's gas related.

Here is some pics of DF....he's gonna kill me if he sees them on here, lol, though he knows they were posted on FB years ago. The one of us together is from March of 2008, right after we started dating. The one by himself is from that same year, but I can't remember if it was before or after we started dating. Too bad I have no baby pictures of him though because it be interesting to see how much they look alike.

I uploaded a picture of me as a baby though. I'm the baldy sitting on the woman's (my grandmother) lap.

Oh, Eryk slept his longest stretch last night. Asleep by 10:30, and woke up around 4:30-5am. And I actually slept during this time too...unfortunately, he slept on me during this time. Still trying to break him of that.

Attachments

• bryon.jpg
    bryon.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 1
  • usMar08.jpg
    usMar08.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 1203111801.jpg
    1203111801.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1
  • family.jpg
    family.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1
I think most of Olivia's smiles are still gas related, lol. But I'll take them when I can. I can't wait until she actually starts smiling and making little cooing noises :)

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/birth-stories-announcements/2263249-my-home-water-birth.html

Uploaded my home birth story at long last :)

Doing good! Everyone must be busy. It's been super quiet in here!

Kyle has been unbelievably fussy. I think it's gas pains... going to talk to the doctor about it tomorrow and see what he suggests.

I was just going to post the same. We must all be wrapped up in tiredness, sick and nappies!

There are still so many people who haven't updated on births :shrug:

We are good...K was 12lb7 on Tuesday!!
Still suffering with reflux and car and buggy journeys are not fun,but generally he is a great baby. I must get a minute to put some pics up xxx

Mattison is doing well. He eats every 2-3 hours, including at night, so sleep is consistent but broken for now. He's 2 weeks old now and has gained back his birth weight plus a pound and is 2 inches longer.

My parents come to town on Sunday night and will be here until Christmas. It will be nice to have some help and family around for the holidays.

Baby is doing well, feeding every 2/3 hours in the day but at night sleeps from 12 til 6/7 and then back to sleep until 10/11!! She loves bathtime everyday and most definitely helps her sleep at night! One very happy mummy here!

Hi ladies! I was lucky to sleep the 4 straight hours I got one time. Other than that I get usually one 3.5 hour stretch and one 2-2.5 hour stretch. She's 5 weeks old as of yesterday. Hope it gets better soon because I won't have time for that second stretch of sleep once I go back to work on December 27. I'm already a zombie and I may have just seen the beginning!

Baby is awesome though. Healthy and happy and growing. <3

It's good to hear there is no 'normal' baby right now.
Our usually feed schedule goes 8am ish, 11.30 ish, 2.30pm ish, 5.30pm ish, 6pm ish, 9pm, 1am ish, 5am ish.
The 9pm one is the one I keep consistent and wake him up/keep him going for this bedtime feed.
He is still a really bad feeder though and gets loads of wind, I have a really sat flw which I don't think he can cope with?

I have a fast flow too. She swallows air but then she's hard to burp. :-( She very seldom acts uncomfortable though, so I guess it's ok.

J is doing well. Her typical feed schedule is 10p, 2:30a, 5:30a, 9:30a and then every 2 hours during the day. I also have a fast flow/ powerful letdown and she frequently pulls away gasping, but will latch back on fairly quickly. She is such a calm baby. She is starting to stay awake for longer periods during the day and I love seeing her explore her surroundings.

We're doing well over here. Olivia was a month yesterday - no clue where that went ! Time is flying by !

We finally got het newborn pics back, so I'll have to post those soon.

Sleep is getting better. She's usually down around 8 ish and up at 11/1130. Down again until 130/2 feeds and then down until 530/6. So I'm getting some consistent sleeping.

She loves eating ! Still doing every 3 hrs or so. But we're doing breast and formula.

She goes for het first sleepover tonight as Im going to OHs Christmas party tonight. It's going to be hard leaving her but I'm looking forward to a full nights sleep !

It's my dhs Christmas party tonight too Salu, but I can't go as I just can't make it work to leave K. My parents have offered to have both kids but K will not take a bottle so unless I go between 7-9pm its not really possible.
It blows as F did this with bottles and although I had very willing babysitters I couldn't leave her overnight until 15 months :dohh:
If I'm honest I haven't tried as hard with the bottle with K as last time I found it so frustrating expressing and then having her refuse to drink. I also find it very hard to find time to express with two!

Xxx

I'm so scared of that. DD1 went back and forth between bottle and breast like it was no big deal. But she loved her pacifier, too. DD2 won't have anything to do with a pacifier. I'm hoping the milk coming out of the bottle will make it ok. They say to try it by 6 weeks or they'll be more likely to refuse the bottle, so if that's true I only have a few days to try it. I just hate giving her expressed milk when I'm available to actually breastfeed. It's gotta work though because I go back to work in 2 wks. :-(

I can kind of relate though about not being able to do anything away from baby. When I'm pumping at work, I have to nurse whenever I can to keep supply up.

I opted to miss out on the Holiday party this year. I have such a hard time leaving my LO.

eyemom- I can't believe you only have 2 more weeks of leave left, that flew! Praying you are able to keep your milk supply up.

Salu-looking forward to seeing newborn pics!

Thanks so much. <3 I know these next 2 weeks are going to go too fast.

Hi all! Miss "chatting" wth you ladies more regularly. Our feed schedule is every three hours or so during the day, then 10pm, 2am, and 5-6am seems to be working best for us. We finally got the go ahead to feed on demand instead of every 3 hours, but usually one is crying for food at the 3 hour mark anyway, then I feed them both no matter what to keep them on the same feeding schedule or I will go insane. Lol. I've been primarily pumping into bottles for the babies. Tandem breast feeding was proving to be too difficult for me, and with the bottles my hubs can also bond and feed. I've been pumping around the clock (and breast feeding here and there when I feel up to it) and so far I've had enough supply for both babies without issues. I've supplemented formula here and there, but not consistently and I even have a small stash of BM in the freezer. So exclusively pumping with very little breast feeding hasn't hindered my supply- at least so far.

Would anyone be interested in joining/chatting in a fb group? I think we even made one months ago that's been largely abandoned? I would love to keep up with you all and your babes and sometimes I think that my fb app on my phone just makes it all easier. Especially these days when my down time is greatly limited!

I pumped 2 oz yesterday and was able to feed 1.5 of it to him at his next feeding. I'm going to start pumping more so that OH can feed him in the evening and give me a break. Might be nice to get more than 2 hours of sleep in one go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->