November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

My lo has a cold so bad she keeps vomiting from coughing so much. It's often a whole feed :(

My toddler has it too but is dealing with it much better. Night time is the worse having to change clothes and bedsheets.

I joined! :) Ty for making the group.

Apple, I hope your los get better soon :(

We set Eryk up in his boppie today. He actually didn't mind it. We had the tv on, some Kermit movie that was on demand and he was engrossed in that for the first 20 minutes or so. Then he started fussing because he wanted his diaper changed, lol. Also we found out last night he likes water, and doesn't mind his baths until he starts to get cold. We took the infant sling of the baby bath tub, and just sat him in it after we bathed him, and he seemed pretty content.

Posting to say I'm down for a group, I didn't want to be left out if there's a PM going out!

Kella still eats every 2 hours, and maybe 3 if we're out and about. I don't think she's been feeling well lately as she's been eating on a very inconsistent schedule (a little bit here...a lot a bit there...half an hour later she wants more, then decides she doesn't...) and sounds a little congested :shrug: We have her one month appt on Monday, though, so hopefully he'll be able to tell us what's up. I formula feed, and last night DH got up with her every time so that I could get my first full night's sleep since her birth. I think I feel more well rested when she wakes me up, because I felt like I had just taken a huge nap and was grumpy and exhausted when I woke up! :dohh:

Dissy, babies are congested sounding because they are still trying to get used to eating and breathing. Here is a link about it. https://www.babycentre.co.uk/x10521...ts-of-strange-breathing-noises-should-i-worry

Thanks rhapsodi!

Laurarebecca I don't have you updated inthe front page, have you told us about your baby girl??

K is definitely congested, definitely a cold as he sneezes green snot. It gets worse in the night and so bad a couple of times it has made feeding tricky. We have his check tomorrow so I'm going to make them check it over

Thanks rhapsodi!

Laurarebecca I don't have you updated inthe front page, have you told us about your baby girl??

K is definitely congested, definitely a cold as he sneezes green snot. It gets worse in the night and so bad a couple of times it has made feeding tricky. We have his check tomorrow so I'm going to make them check it over

Yup I have. Isabella was born on 15/11/14 xx

I'm so sorry Laura I mst have missed it :blush:
Updated now. Let me know if I've missed anything else.
Does anyone know about anybody else on the list not yet updated? Xxx

I probably just burned my bridge at the job I had before maternity leave. I just sent my boss an email stating that I would not be returning at this time. After talking with DF and thinking about it very hard, I decided to quit. We had no baby sitter lined up and because of how Eryk is (very clingy), I don't think it would have been in our best interests for me go back. Especially with it being a 45 min drive just to work. I'm waiting for the call now tomorrow from him, and I'm not looking forward to it because I had confrontation.

I probably just burned my bridge at the job I had before maternity leave. I just sent my boss an email stating that I would not be returning at this time. After talking with DF and thinking about it very hard, I decided to quit. We had no baby sitter lined up and because of how Eryk is (very clingy), I don't think it would have been in our best interests for me go back. Especially with it being a 45 min drive just to work. I'm waiting for the call now tomorrow from him, and I'm not looking forward to it because I had confrontation.

That must have been a tough call but you must feel relieved it's done. I can't imagine going back to work do soon it must be hard.

I requested to join too! I think it's pretty clear my name is Marie...but just FYI ;)

Reese is a pretty good baby so far. We nurse on demand so I haven't been keeping track of how often...sometimes it's every hour, sometimes it's every 3 hours, or anywhere in between ;). Evenings are tough, though. She seems to be fussy from 8pm until around 11pm or midnight, when she finally falls asleep. Sometimes I get a wakeup midway through the night, sometimes she sleeps until 5am or so. Her waketime during the day has been steadily increasing. She loves snuggling, and seems to sleep best on my chest. I put her in a wrap yesterday (the Moby) and she napped while I emptied the dishwasher, played with baby, etc.

So I'm 3 weeks post-surgery and I'm feeling almost 100%. I'm still having some pain with bowel movements, but the doctor told me it's normal and may take a couple of months to go away. But other than that, I'm finally feeling "healed."

But tired. I'm tired :)

I enjoy reading everyone's updates!!! Looking forward to the FB group...it's easier for me on my phone, I don't get on the computer much these days!

Sel- that must have been a tough decision, hope that the call went as well as it possibly could

hi ladies, sorry I have been missing in action lately. Things are going really well with Taylor and I. She will be one months this week. She is sleeping pretty long stretches at night which I am very grateful for. my recovery from my C-section has been fantastic, I never really felt a lot of pain. I have been out and about to moms groups and stores and really just love having my little one. Breast-feeding is also going well. I had to use a nipple shield at first but now she is weaned off of it and eating like a champ. I weigh her every week at the moms group I go to and she gains about an ounce a day!

I joined the Facebook group, which I think will be much easier for me to keep up with. I also vote that it becomes secret eventually.

Here is a picture of me and my girl at moms group today.

image.jpg

I want to join! My name is Nikki, I sent a request.

Good luck Sel, I know how you feel I hate confrontation too. My last job I just typed up a little note saying it is with much regret that I have to inform you my last day will be so and so, I'll miss everyone here and working here blah blah blah, short and sweet and to the point. Then I signed it and kept a copy for my own records. I gave notice so it wasn't that bad. But if you don't plan on going back I wouldn't worry about it.

Nice to hear from you Marie, I'm glad things are going well for you and Reese. It took me about 3 weeks to feel 100% too.

I agree it will be much easier to update facebook than here.

Macie is doing great! She is a very healthy 10 pounds now, she'll be 6 weeks old on Sat. She does have a fussy time in the evenings, but it's not so bad and totally normal according to dr google. I've found that if I swaddle her, give her a pacifier and put her in her swing or vibrating rock and play she'll be fine until she falls asleep. Sometimes that works. I'm getting her used to falling asleep on her own and not having to hold her to get her to sleep. We are sleeping in the bed now, no more sleeping on the recliner. Breastfeeding is going great! We kicked the nipple shield about 2 or 3 weeks ago and she is feeding perfectly.

You look great Twinklie! And Taylor is so precious!

Beautiful photo Twinklie!

Glad things are going so well with Macie cncem :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->