• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Missy - if others are interested, I'd be interested in a facebook group. A quick way to keep in touch and have contact with eachother.

So impressive that you've been able to BF TWO babies!! That's amazing. We're exclusively breast feeding here too. We've give Kyle a few bottles and he does well with them. No nipple confusion at all. He definitely prefers the breast, but I go back to work in 5 1/2 weeks, so it's important that he's comfortable with bottles too. I'm trying to start a stash, so that I can put some in the freezer at daycare to have on hand as back ups.

My supply is just now starting to increase enough to get some good stash started. Today I've been able to put 2 3oz bags of BM in the freezer and am still set to feed Kyle when he wakes up.

We went to the dr for his 1 month today and he is now 10lbs! :shock:

My work's christmas party was last weekend. I didn't go as, DF hasn't been by himself with Eryk for more than an hour or two, and I would have had to drive an hour and half - two hours just to get to the party.

Things are going well here. Eryk is putting on weight. We are still trying to get him used to not having to be with me at all times. We think he might be a bit colicky too, as well as teething already. I'm still not sure if going back to work on Tuesday is going to work, and have no clue how to tell my boss. I have yet to find someone to watch Eryk, and at the same time I don't want to leave him.

Had my 6 week pp check up this past Tuesday. Doctor put me on Paroxetine, an anti depressant. DF isn't happy about that, but I know why she did it and glad she did. I had ppd after DS1, have a family history of depression and dealt with clinical depression since I was 10. For the most part I have it under control, but with just having Eryk, we wanted to head off the ppd as early as we could.

I also started birth control pills. Was very surprised that it cost me $80 for 1 month's supply. Yeah I'm pretty sure at my next appointment in March, I will be talking to her about getting my tubes tied.

I've also been on my first pp period since the 1st. It started out light, but then Monday it's been heavy since. One thing I miss about pregnancy is not having to deal with periods, lol.

I'd be interested in joining a FB group

Selaphyna- sounds like a good call to start meds before depression becomes a major issue. Is there anything else they could offer as BC that isn't as expensive?

mandaa- J was over 10 lbs at her 1 month too! ;)

I pumped 2 oz yesterday and was able to feed 1.5 of it to him at his next feeding. I'm going to start pumping more so that OH can feed him in the evening and give me a break. Might be nice to get more than 2 hours of sleep in one go.

Yes! That's definitely the biggest advantage to pumping into bottles. My husband can help, and we've even had some help from our moms during the overnight hours some nights allowing me to skip a feed or two to get slightly more sleep (I still need to wake up to pump at least once or twice to keep up my supply though). Still, it's nice to not ALWAYS be the one doing the feeding. At first I felt really sad/guilty for giving up on at the breast time so fast, but my pediatrician assured me not to stress, they are still getting BM which is the important thing. I still put them to breast now and again. Declan switches between the two no problem (the little chunker will take his milk any which way- he'd probably drink it out if a cup if we offered! Lol) But Isla gets lazy on breast. She's a more finicky eater in general.

For those interested, should I start a new fb group, or should we use the existing one? Let me know! :flower:

I had to opt out of the Xmas party too I had planned to pump enough milk for MIL to feed her but mastitis lowered my supply so oy had enough for supply and demand and no time to pump enough. Supply us back up now but it's a lot of hassle to pump with baby and toddler !

Still max 2 hour sleep at night and both my toddler and baby now have colds it's not been easy. However bf is going well and she's 10lb 11oz on Tuesday so I can't complain! I've also got no rush to go back to work so I'm very lucky that I can continue to bf as long as I want/can. Aim is at least 6 months

It's OH's work do next week. I'm just taking DD2 along with me in a sling! They were very happy for me to do this- I clearly can't leave a 3 week old EBF baby at home for the evening.

DD2 is an amazing baby. I love co-sleeping and babywearing! I had no idea it was possible to be this well rested with a newborn. At this point with DD1 we were still trying, and failing, to make her sleep alone. Planned co-sleeping from the start has been wonderful.

I'm so scared of that. DD1 went back and forth between bottle and breast like it was no big deal. But she loved her pacifier, too. DD2 won't have anything to do with a pacifier. I'm hoping the milk coming out of the bottle will make it ok. They say to try it by 6 weeks or they'll be more likely to refuse the bottle, so if that's true I only have a few days to try it. I just hate giving her expressed milk when I'm available to actually breastfeed. It's gotta work though because I go back to work in 2 wks. :-(

I can kind of relate though about not being able to do anything away from baby. When I'm pumping at work, I have to nurse whenever I can to keep supply up.
Of course if you're back to work so soon they really have no choice. Where will she go when you go back? Xxx
Hi all! Miss "chatting" wth you ladies more regularly. Our feed schedule is every three hours or so during the day, then 10pm, 2am, and 5-6am seems to be working best for us. We finally got the go ahead to feed on demand instead of every 3 hours, but usually one is crying for food at the 3 hour mark anyway, then I feed them both no matter what to keep them on the same feeding schedule or I will go insane. Lol. I've been primarily pumping into bottles for the babies. Tandem breast feeding was proving to be too difficult for me, and with the bottles my hubs can also bond and feed. I've been pumping around the clock (and breast feeding here and there when I feel up to it) and so far I've had enough supply for both babies without issues. I've supplemented formula here and there, but not consistently and I even have a small stash of BM in the freezer. So exclusively pumping with very little breast feeding hasn't hindered my supply- at least so far.

Would anyone be interested in joining/chatting in a fb group? I think we even made one months ago that's been largely abandoned? I would love to keep up with you all and your babes and sometimes I think that my fb app on my phone just makes it all easier. Especially these days when my down time is greatly limited!
I think twin mums are just superheroes! You are doing fantastically well!
Fb group sound good, I can set up a new one if you want? Xxx
Missy - if others are interested, I'd be interested in a facebook group. A quick way to keep in touch and have contact with eachother.

So impressive that you've been able to BF TWO babies!! That's amazing. We're exclusively breast feeding here too. We've give Kyle a few bottles and he does well with them. No nipple confusion at all. He definitely prefers the breast, but I go back to work in 5 1/2 weeks, so it's important that he's comfortable with bottles too. I'm trying to start a stash, so that I can put some in the freezer at daycare to have on hand as back ups.

My supply is just now starting to increase enough to get some good stash started. Today I've been able to put 2 3oz bags of BM in the freezer and am still set to feed Kyle when he wakes up.

We went to the dr for his 1 month today and he is now 10lbs! :shock:
Great job xxx

My work's christmas party was last weekend. I didn't go as, DF hasn't been by himself with Eryk for more than an hour or two, and I would have had to drive an hour and half - two hours just to get to the party.

Things are going well here. Eryk is putting on weight. We are still trying to get him used to not having to be with me at all times. We think he might be a bit colicky too, as well as teething already. I'm still not sure if going back to work on Tuesday is going to work, and have no clue how to tell my boss. I have yet to find someone to watch Eryk, and at the same time I don't want to leave him.

Had my 6 week pp check up this past Tuesday. Doctor put me on Paroxetine, an anti depressant. DF isn't happy about that, but I know why she did it and glad she did. I had ppd after DS1, have a family history of depression and dealt with clinical depression since I was 10. For the most part I have it under control, but with just having Eryk, we wanted to head off the ppd as early as we could.

I also started birth control pills. Was very surprised that it cost me $80 for 1 month's supply. Yeah I'm pretty sure at my next appointment in March, I will be talking to her about getting my tubes tied.

I've also been on my first pp period since the 1st. It started out light, but then Monday it's been heavy since. One thing I miss about pregnancy is not having to deal with periods, lol.
Glad they are pre-empting things, hope it helps xxx

It's OH's work do next week. I'm just taking DD2 along with me in a sling! They were very happy for me to do this- I clearly can't leave a 3 week old EBF baby at home for the evening.

DD2 is an amazing baby. I love co-sleeping and babywearing! I had no idea it was possible to be this well rested with a newborn. At this point with DD1 we were still trying, and failing, to make her sleep alone. Planned co-sleeping from the start has been wonderful.
Wish I could have taken him! I've loved wearing K in the moby wrap . Yesterday was ourfirsttripout with the manduca and it went down really well! Xxx

My mom will be keeping both my girls. She watched my first from 9 mos on. Glad they'll be somewhere where I know they're loved. Still hate going back to work, but it helps.

I would love to join a fb group to keep in touch! It's a lot easier for me to update fb on my phone than it is for me to get on BnB. Let us know who is setting it up, and I will PM my fb name.

I'd join an Fb group :) just let me know the name.

Party last night was good. Check in after an hour lol. And I cried when we dropped her off. It was hard but good to get out. I got home and pump 10oz of breast milk. I was so full ! At least I'll have a bunch to feed her for OH. I'll probably freeze some of it as well since there's a lot extra.

I'm game for the FB group.

I slept so hard in 2 hour increments last night that when the baby woke my up to be fed, I felt like I'd just put him down to sleep. On the bright side, he consistently went 3 hours between feedings which is a big step. I can't wait until we stretch those out just a little more.

My work holiday party is tonight, but I never expected that we would be able to go. My parents don't get here until tomorrow night, and I've only just started trying to give baby M the bottle. I am going to bring him to my cycling club party this afternoon, so we'll get a non-shopping or doctor visit outing today.

Oh my gosh, I got a full night's sleep last night!

The twins went down at 10pm, I fed Anson at 11, then the next thing I knew, the twins were waking me up at 7am. Anson woke up at 3, and instead of waking me up, DH fed him a bottle. He thought the baby would wake up at least once more to BF, but he didn't. I thanked him profusely, but told him to please not let me go all night without nursing again lol...I was about to burst!

I also got a full night's sleep last night. Eryk had a bottle at about midnight, and by 1 he was out, so I put him in his bassinet. He did wake up about 3:30, but we put him in bed with us, and we all slept until a little after 7 this morning. I was very surprised by that.

I'm game for a fb group as well.

Busytulip, I don't know what all is covered by my insurance as far as bc goes. I don't even really like being on the pills because of hormones and I made sure she put a prescription in for a low dose. I'd rather just get my tubes tied and be done with it all.

PK, did you want to make a fb group or would you prefer I start one? Would you guys want just a normal closed group or a secret group?

If there's a fb group will it be posted about here? Or just in PMs? I vote make it closed until just about everyone who wants to join has joined...then make it secret. I just don't want my posts visible to all my friends.

If there's a fb group will it be posted about here? Or just in PMs? I vote make it closed until just about everyone who wants to join has joined...then make it secret. I just don't want my posts visible to all my friends.

Agreed! My friends don't know about BNB and I'd liek to keep it that way - or else I can't complain about people on here :D

Posting to say I'm down for a group, I didn't want to be left out if there's a PM going out!

Kella still eats every 2 hours, and maybe 3 if we're out and about. I don't think she's been feeling well lately as she's been eating on a very inconsistent schedule (a little bit here...a lot a bit there...half an hour later she wants more, then decides she doesn't...) and sounds a little congested :shrug: We have her one month appt on Monday, though, so hopefully he'll be able to tell us what's up. I formula feed, and last night DH got up with her every time so that I could get my first full night's sleep since her birth. I think I feel more well rested when she wakes me up, because I felt like I had just taken a huge nap and was grumpy and exhausted when I woke up! :dohh:

I too am up for the Facebook group but I also vote for secret because no one knows I use bnb and how about bnb isn't mentioned in the name of the group as well?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->