NTNP#3... anyone else :D lets buddy up!

Stevensmummyx

Mum of 2 boys and one surprise bump
Reaction score
So my youngest is just over 7month and im sooo broody! So oh and I have decided we will NTNP and if it happens, it happens! Probably a crazy idea with lo so young and I will mostly be looking after 3 kids on my own as oh works away but I can do this. :D! We will not be using contraception and maybe use pull out however this is how our oldest was conceived :) right now im cd1 of 29-30 day cycle oh leaves for 10 weeks (I think :( ) on the 5th of jan so it wont happen any Time soon... Still exciting tho!

Anyone else?

Can I join you? This will be #1 for us (whenever it happens). We are currently NTNP. We got married in October. I have known for a long time that as soon as we were married, I wanted to start trying to get pregnant. DH is coming around to this idea in his own time and that's what led us to NTNP.

However, what I am finding is that this is not something that I really want to share with very many people. This makes coping with everything very challenging for me. I have been cranky and mean to DH who is wonderful, taking it in stride and when I apologize to him, he says, "I know you were really excited about the possibility of pregnant last week when you were late and when you got your period you were really disappointed. I understand that." I am so lucky to have him. I am also in a bad place at work (have an interview on Jan 9th) which adds a whole other layer. I have my mom constantly asking if I am okay and if I am depressed which is driving me crazy. I am not ready to tell her where we are at in the TTC world. I have told exactly one friend and while she is supportive, she has a 1 year old with down syndrome and she is just so busy with that (which I totally get!).

So if you don't mind that I am super new to this and that this is #1 for me, I would love to have a buddy, especially one that has gone through this process before.

Of course you can hun! Sometimes we just need someone who understands what we are going through! And altough men say they know we got excited even tho we try not to its still a downer when you see the bfn or the witch! So im here for ya! All the way to that BFP :D! Right now we arent in an ideal situation (im at uni!) but I think if it feels right then why not, im always going yo have the chance to go back to my career

There was a woman in grad school with me, she was a year behind me and she had a baby right before she started the program. I am surprised that she was able to do it. The program I was in is SUPER intense! At the same time, like you said, everyone has to do what feels right to them! I see your are in school for nursing, I am an occupational therapist.

Yeah I had just started first year when I found out! Im supposed to go back after mat leave ends in May but when I go back im gonna have to juggle 2 kids on my own plus 3-4 12.5 hour shifts a week!! Think its gonna br hectic so thinking of doing the kids thing now, finish having babies then go back when they are all at school

It's hard. I was overwhelmed just going to grad school full time. Where is OH going?

I would like to join as well. My DH and I have been talking about TTC in 2014 since our open enrollment in October. I have barely been able to contain myself around family and friends and now that its here I'm even more excited. I am so glad I found these online boards as an outlet.

I'm on CD 5 and this will be my first month off the BCP. We are not preventing or trying this month, just going to see what happens and let my body regulate.

Mr.& Mrs. EST 06/06/09
Me(26) DH(27)
TTC#1

Welcome! I have been off BCP for at least a year now (I don't even remember). Once we got engaged, I began the process of coming off of all medications I was taking. It started with the BCP, continued to allergy meds (which I have really been fine without, thank goodness!) and the last one was my SSRI. I did the SSRI as a very slow wean with the guidance of my doctor and it seems to have gone well over all. I have noticed a difference but it's not terrible.

Were either of you told a timeline for how long you had to be off meds? My gyno said 4 months is ideal...my guess is there are different theories on this one and that it differs based on the individual meds.

Just wanted to share, we got approved to adopt a dog! Now we just have to find the right one! Hopefully this will subdue some of the dissappointment that I have already experienced NTNP and that I may experience in the future. We are going through a rescue and it may take some time to find the right match, but it is something I have wanted for a long time and finally the time is right! Now, the timing of a baby...who knows what will happen!

Welcome JLD :D

Mgreenm OH is in basic training just now so he goes to England for 7-10 weeks then home for a week and so on, sometimes hes not away as long. Im in Scotland

Ive not been on any BCP since having Lewis in May my cycle came back 4 month PP we had a chemical in September there. I think we will be using 'pull out' when the time comes, or however oh feels at the time :haha:
What kind of dog are you adopting mgreenm?

JLD when did you stop tajing your BCP?

Do any of you ladies have plans for celebrating New year?

meeeeeeeee :D

I had said after DS2 arrived in march that i wouldnt be having any more BUT we both sat down and decided wed like to try one more time for a girl. knowing me it will be another boy :haha: they will be loved either way though lol.

I got my implant out at the end of november and have been ntnp ever since. It took me 15 months of active ttc to concieve DS2 as my periods were only coming every 2 to 3 months so im not holding out hope for a quick one this time.. although its sods law now were not too bothered it will happen quicker :haha:

looking forward to sharing my journey with you guys xx

Lol sethsmummy we are hoping our next is a girl too bit will probably be another boy but yup loved either way! I remember you from when I was expecting lewis, did u have your gender scan around Jan? And how did u find the implant? I think after I got mine out my cycles were every 6 weeks but surely regulated, hated the implant it turned me to Mr Hyde lol!!! X

We are adopting a pug. Just got an email about arranging a visit to meet one! So excited!

I had to do a double take with Stevensmummy and Sethsmummy! My mother-in-law had 3 boys...she wanted a girl and ended up with 3 boys, but they are all such wonderful men! She raised them well!

Boys are great fun! I have 3 brother lol, oh is one of two boys, I just think I need some pink and fluff, plus the girly cloth nappies are gorgeous! But again im a superhero geek so would be awesome to have another boy to share interests with lol!! Aww a pug! Cute, you'll have to show us pics! X

We are gaming geeks and DH and I each geek out in our given fields of work as well. I will certainly share pictures once we find the one we are going to adopt. We will be visiting a pug soon, just working on coordinating with the foster family.

As for sex of a baby, given that it's number one, I don't know that I have a strong preference. Haven't asked DH what he would prefer...He isn't into the things that we think of as "typical male" stuff so, not sure how excited he would be about a boy...boys and girls can be geeky pretty equally... :p

Hey ladies! Can I join in please?

NTNP #3 also. We currently have two girls so a boy would be most welcome!! However if we end up having another bundle of pink, well at least we can re-use some of the previous baby equipment right? Lol.

Gl to us all on getting our bumps ;)

Hey ladies! Can I join in please?

NTNP #3 also. We currently have two girls so a boy would be most welcome!! However if we end up having another bundle of pink, well at least we can re-use some of the previous baby equipment right? Lol.

Gl to us all on getting our bumps ;)

welcome!

I would love to buddy up with you. I'm 38, I'm wanting to try for a baby and the boyfriend is the spontaneous "if it happens it happens" kind of person which is driving me nuts cause I have no children and I feel the pressure of the clock lol never thought I'd say that but I really would like to have at least one and would love to have the ability to share and talk with someone so I'm not alone.

Welcome ladies :D!
And happy New yer! Wishing you all the best for 2014!!

So will anyone be tracking cycles using opks or just waiting to see what happens each month?

I don't know what we will be doing. I have a physical on Monday so I am going to ask a bunch of questions that we have. I guess from there, DH and I will have to talk about what we want to do.

I came home early by myself last night...was super uncomfortable at the party, it was one DH really wanted to go to. I am kinda bummed that we weren't together at midnight, but I was losing it and ready to cry at the party, so I came home and cried...and went to bed. I have gone to this friend's party in the past and some years I am ok, some years like this year, I am miserable...just not my type of party. I guess in a way, I wish DH had come home with me. But I didn't want to take that away from him, he really enjoys those things...

Okay, I will stop my wallowing...Hope everyone else had a nice New Year.s

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"