NTNP after chemo

jacksonl8805

Reaction score
Short background as I've never made a post before. I was 17 when I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma and have been cancer free over 5 years. The chemo treatment I had was called BEACOPP and this is known to cause infertility in 60% of women. My husband and I have been together 6 1/2 years, but only married 6 weeks. I stopped taking birth control right after we got married so I could see what my body would do.

I'm naturally a worry-wort so I have been using an app on my phone to track my cycle as well as Clear Blue OPKs. I got my first smiley face tonight and I am beyond happy :) I swear I got as excited as some women do over a BFP!

I am a freaked out though, too. I got a negative this morning, so we BD, and then a positive this evening. If I do end up pregnant I certainly didn't expect it to happen that quickly after worrying the last 5 years if it would even be possible. I just had to share my excitement!!

:hi: welcome to BnB! That's so great that you've got your first smiley face :D Here's to hoping your ttc journey is very short and you get your postitive test asap!

Congratulations for being cancer free :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->