NTNP with breastfeeding...no AF yet...when to test?

mrscupcake

Reaction score
We've been NTNP as breastfeeding but would ideally prefer it to happen early next year but taking the "if it happens it happens" approach. Only thing is, I've not yet had AF, my little chappy is now weening so only feeding 4 times a day but when do I test?! I bought cheapo tests from eBay as I end up buying tons of expensive ones (must have spend a fortune on them last time we were properly ttc!) I always seem to get pregnancy symptoms which turn out to be nothing so I end up testing quite often, not too sure what to do? Xx

I'm in same position. It could be any day now when we get AF back, or it could be 6 months+. I have an ovulation microscope and am checking cm to see if there are any changes. I've tested once a month for the last 2 months. I think when you have normal cycles a monthly AF is psychologically like a monthly BFN.

I reckon routinely check either once a month or once a fortnight, but no more. That way you will pick up a BFP pretty close, will have a testing date in mind so no need to always worry what if and won't spend a fortune if you use internet cheapies.

Thank you for the advice! :) I think I'm going to test this month and then we've decided to use other contraception until next year, and hopefully my af will have returned by then as I have to wean off the breastfeeding inthe next month due to going back to work full time! Good luck though celesse hope AF doesn't take too long to come back!! Xx

Took a year for me to get pregnant and I wasnt preventing either. I had gone through loads of tests and they where crap cheap ones as the ovulation tests never showed I was ovulating yet I did obviously. Just over a year and periods was back at 7 months and regular but light. Only when I missed one I knew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->