NuKe's Rainbow Wedding Journal! ... WE DID IT!! <3

thats what i was giggling at... cant believe it. i was drilling barry on his vows at 1am the night before and i forgot MINE. :dohh:

Ahahaha Oh also I MAJORLY loved the Zombie reading!! Don't know if I told you that already :]

i've been a silent stalker :blush: but had to come out of hiding to say how fab your wedding looked, you looked amazing - love your dress! congratulations!!

Wow, only just caught up on all your pics! You looked totally stunning, I LOVE it! Your dress looked amazing and your hair was fab!! All your hard work completely paid off because your tables and decorations were fantastic!

Hope you're enjoying being a newlywed!

xx

ye, her hard work DID pay off- shes a fantastic example to all us brides :hugs:

awwwwwk bryonyyyyyyy thats lovely. it felt great when my brother said that in his speech too and got me a round of applause for all my hard work. the 2 weeks before it wer insane and the day before i was falling apart, wondering if it would be worth it... it really, REALLY was.

Lindsay, you were completely fabulous! I have never seen such a beautiful, colourful and edgy bride! You literally took my breath away when I saw you coming up the aisle (even though we weren't 'allowed' to turn around and watch you :wacko:). Saying 'thank you' seems inadequate for all the hard work that you put in making sure your day was extraordinary for both yourselves and your guests. We loved every minute of it...the Zombie reading, the line fluffing, the scrummy roast dinner and the fish and chips for the Littlies, your shortbread biccies (Ellen had 2), the ducks in the bowls on the table (Ellen stole 2), the kids' goodie bags (Wow!!!!) (Ellen is still playing with her glittery ball), the sublime chocolate wedding cake, the rainbow balloons and the laugh we had when your Dad was giving his speech and recounted how he once took Barry up the Mournes for a male bonding session and how Barry couldn't walk for a week afterwards!!!!!!! I've run out of superlatives now, but all I can say is 'Wow' and it was a real privilege to share in your wonderful wedding day. Thank you so much. Blessings to you both of you for a marriage that is as colourful, loving and as much fun as the start that it had on Thursday.

Now, have you finished with that dress yet? I did tell you that I wanted it.

XXX

BTW- Ellen was occupied with colouring her book as the speeches were being given. There was a picture of a grandfather clock and she said 'Wassat?' I relplied, 'A clock'. 'Cock! cock! cock!' yells the child. Did you happen to hear her? Kat and I were in stitches.

aw thanks sam, what a lovely post :cloud9::flower:

and no, we didnt hear! :rofl:

those glittery balls are awesome, i got one for pops ages ago and its been a permanent fixture on our floor ever since! im a cheapskate so i put her own one in her goody bag :haha:

Yea Sam said it better than I could!! I also liked when Barry added that he thought your dad was trying to get rid of him on that walk!!! Ryan's speech was hilarious too, yours made me cry [I've NEVER cried at a wedding speech before] even though I'd read it already it was so obvious the emotion in it as you said it. Although I did think your mum was gonna get up and slap your dad when he referred to her as his "Alpha female" LOL
Sam that's so funny about the clock!!

aww :cry: im so glad you said the stress is worth it linds! Because it all gets too much some times esp when it just gets closer and closer.

A quick question, you know how you 'picture' your wedding to be, was your thoughts realistic? Did it turn out how you pictured? Do you have any advice for us future brides :hugs: xx

You really looked amazing...I hope you are submitting your wedding to Rock and Roll Bride! More than a worthy competitor for Kat's pink haired crown!

aww :cry: im so glad you said the stress is worth it linds! Because it all gets too much some times esp when it just gets closer and closer.

A quick question, you know how you 'picture' your wedding to be, was your thoughts realistic? Did it turn out how you pictured? Do you have any advice for us future brides :hugs: xx

it actually wasn't at all, it was way better! You imagine the day over and over and think you know how it'll go, you get all these little bits to savour, particularly wen i remember speaking to various groups of ppl, like wen i was hanging out in the smoking bit outside with some folks and laughing my ass off, or dancing to the Grease megamix with Aaisire and my other friend jess... re: the decor, it was perfect, exactly how i wanted it to be!!

advice... hmmm... MAKE SURE U EAT. i swear to god, please please eat. i managed a couple of apples in the morning and it saw me through til dinner time. but the day before i hardly ate at all and it all just hit me and couple that with nerves, i was literally shaking and crying. and try (i know its pretty much impossible to) to relax, something wont go according to plan. it cant be flawless. like the CD barry's best man burned with our music wouldn't play, but we had 3 ppl downloading our first dance song and it was fine! just try and chill!

and girls... you forgot about THE YMCA!!! :rofl:

i fucking miss everything :cry: (my internet hadnt been fitted)

Big CONGRATULATIONS hun!, You looked beautiful!

LOL You looked so fab doing the YMCA! Oh and me carrying your shoes down the big hill and helping you put them on LOL Or the amazing cookies [as Sam mentioned] seriously they were so good - I had 4!! HAHAH Greedy bitch me :] Or sitting talking to Barry's granny as she regaled tails of her having her kids remembering what day they were born and what weight they were!! Or noming on the amazing mash potato! Or using Sam's muslin to soak up my snatch sweat!! Or stealing [with permission LOL] the balloons... nearly having an accident when said balloons flew in my face in the car!! OR Or OR Ryan and Barry's thriller dance!!!

Aw loving the new photos :) But I can't view the videos! Damn computer! I hope you're both enjoying yourselves being newlyweds! Xx

An awesome wedding and an awesome bride! Huge congratulations to you both! Enjoy these few weeks and months - being a newlywed is so lovely xxx

Whats the glittery balls you got for the kids? Just realising im gonna need something for Alex to keep him occupied!

wonder if it's the clear ones filled with water and glitter from asda? Daisy has 2 and plays with them ALL the time still, even months after getting them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->