numb, tingly, hands and fingers..

Not so much these days, but I did get it a lot during the second tri. It's usually just carpal tunnel syndrome and nothing to worry about :)

if you get pins and needles during that day (rather than just overnight) you should see a G.P. Apparently the damage can be permanent if not treated! Or so I was told by my physio today.

Yes I have this - it's carpal tunnel syndrome (commonish during pregnancy and should go away once baby is born).

I got some splints from the physio to sleep in and they make a world of difference.

If you start getting pains in your wrists I would definitely see the GP or MW for a referal. Don't leave it until it is really bad like I did!

Margie, where did you get the splints from? I think I'm going to have to get some.

Margie, where did you get the splints from? I think I'm going to have to get some.

I got referred to a physio by my midwife - I got an appointment quite quickly because I was pregnant. The physio gave them to me at the appointment. But I think you might also be able to get them at some chemists. I would really recommend!

The CTS was taking over everything for me at one point and even had me in tears a few times... now it's only a bit annoying.

i have this....its gotten a little better since he third tri.. in the second tri it was HORRENDOUS.. i would cry myself to sleep it hurt so bad!

bad thing is...we can't take much for the pain..just the splint.. go get one. :)

OMG YES!!! And when I sleep it is even worse. Although I scared myself the other day. Evidently I had been sleeping on my arm for quite a while and when I woke up it was so numb I couldn't actually move it. When I rolled over, I had to pick it up with my other hand and lift it where I wanted it. I thought I was having stroke at first!

Yes! In fact I had it really bad last night in both hands and then my hands got really swollen while I was working out today. Not sure if the two are related. I called my doctor and she said unless I was dizzy or seeing spots then I should be OK. So far so good.

Running your hands under cold water can also help... but obviously you can't do this all the time :wacko: just for a bit of relief!

oh gawd thanks for posting this!!

I just thought i was sleeping on my hands too much...
I have pins and needles practically everytime i wake up in the night, and i also cant flex my wrists as much as i used to at all as they hurt :-(

Am i okay to wait till my MW apt next wed of should i go see a doc sooner?? x

yep its carpal tunell hun. I have an appointment today at my hospital to get fitted for splints. I saw the doc (as midwife was off ) the week before xmas and he reffered me to the hospital for it. Not sure if midwife would do anything different.
Its up to you wheather you wait or not, it wont cause damage it just depends on how long you can wait with the pain, Ironically mine has improved loads since I went to the docs!

I dont have pins and needles. but started getting pains in my fingers and wrists from about a month ago, much worse in the morning, then gets better during the day. Fingers are quite stiff when i wake up- must be all the water retention! Sighhhhh....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->