Nurse said I could be pregnant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soph

Reaction score
Right bit of a long story...

I came off the pill around December/January time, and since then I've had 2 normal periods. However, this month I am late.

I have had unprotected sex 2/3 times since my last period. I took a test last week which was negative (too early anyway I think).

I went to the family planning clinic today to get tested again and explain the situation. The test was again negative.

Because of the dates that I had sex, the nurse said that just because this test was negative it doesn't mean that I am not pregnant. I have had to make another appointment for the 5th May to have another test assuming my period still hasn't arrived. If it has then I am going back on the pill.

Anyway, now I'm in limbo, and all I can do is wait for either my period to come or for the 5th May to come :hissy: This is all so frustrating, I just want to know if I am pregnant or not so I can figure out what I'm going to do.

I have had some of the symptoms hence why I tested in the first place, even before my period was missed.

Can it take longer for the result to show? I hate this not knowing :nope:

i had to go through the same thing as you did with the whole waiting point. i wasnt on the pill tho and had unprotected sex twice after my last period .. had my last period the 12th of feb. and had un protected sex in the 20s of feb. thing is i dont have a normal period .. i never get it at the same time of the month .. so i got worried once my boobs were wayyy sore than usual before my period and i had cramps that were def not usual. so i took a test in the beggining of march and the test was hard to tell so i had to wait 3 more weeks and found out at the end of march that i was def pregnant. i didnt get all the reall symptoms until this month so theres a possibilty you are but the way i thought of it was that i was .. and i made the decision based on i was pregnant because i didnt wanna wait to find out i was than have to decide and all that. so think of it like that so you know what you will do .. there ALOT of thinking to do about what your choice will be and you will DEF get some support on here. but i hope everything turns out wel for you and you get the answer your looking for. if you ever need to chat you can always message me. good luck hun!

Yes, some women get a few negative tests before the positive so I wouldn't rule it out.

I know it's frustrating but relax, go with life at the normal pace because stressing will only delay your period. :hugs:

hey Soph.

I'm Not Much Help Sorry But I Think The First Response Test Can Tell You If Your Pregnant Early Don't Quote Me On That Tho Lol.

I'm Sure Someone Will Post That Knows More About Pregnancy Tests Lol

I was due on Thurs/Fri gone, so about 4/5 days late now. I had all the feelings that I was going to start, the cramping, the peeing, just the general yucky pre menstrual feelings, but nothing happened.

I know there is a high probability I could be pregnant and obviously there will be alot of decisions that need to be made, but I don't feel like I can think about that until I know for sure.

I don't really want to tell anyone I know personally ie. friends, family yet until I know for sure, so I guess you will probably see me around here a bit :)

Waiting is absolutely horrible. I didn't get a positive test until 3 days after I missed my period because my cycle was all messed up the month before.

I didn't mention anything to anyone (except my OH) about being pregnant either time. Having my "friends" or family know would have just been way too stressful for me. And besides, getting advice, letting your feelings out, and getting to talk to other people in the same situation is the whole point of this site. lol.

Hey soph just readin about ur situation. its kinda similar to mine except that a came off the pill on the seventh of march and havent had af since. ive come off the pill quite a few times and each cycle after these times ive had a 39 day cycle. im now on cd42 so not worrying too much. I had unprotected sex since then and had poss pregnancy symptoms(reason I tested)and I thought i got a positive test a week ago. but now its neg. So im having to do the waiting game so i know how your feeling! its driving me mad. good luck hun.

What I find weird is that I had a period within a week of coming off the pill and then another one as normal the month after, and now I've missed this one. That's what has me concerned, because as far as I was aware I'd had 2 normal periods.

When I told the nurse my situation, she never even mentioned that it could be side effects of coming off the pill.

Who knows...

the period you had a week after coming off bcp would not be a normal period xx

Why didn't the nurse mention anything about that then? And in that case what was the second period about? Now I'm even more confused.

Yeah, pregnancy is just one really big waiting game. I had two negative tests before I got six positive ones (haha I had to be sure!). So all you can do is just wait and go back and have another test. I know it is super annoying to wait around on it but it is just a part of the game. I wish you the best of luck hun and hope you get the answer you want! :)

when you come off bcp you normally always get a bleed a week - 4 weeks after but it is not a normal period until the next one xx

yeah i had my withdrawal bleed as usual but nothing since. ive been reading into coming off the pill like mad lol. Ive read that your body can take a few months before you get back into a regular cycle again. so irregualar periods are to be expected. for this reson im not worrying too much. I just find it a bit weird that i was having all the symptoms and genuinely thot i could be preg then got a (maybe) positive test then after that negative tests but still no af lol. ahh im going mad.

So the second bleed was a period then....hmm oh I dunno

the second bleed would have been a period xx

So I could still be pregnant then in that case...or not. lol.
Guess all I can do is wait, not alot else that can be done really.
Thanks for the info tho.

yeah the second bleed wud b ur period.gd luck, hope u get the result u want:D

This was over a year ago. i reported the post with out looking at the date... sorrrrry...
don't think you'd get many replies on this thread though tbh... sorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back