Nursery Furniture & Spare Bed

Rachie004

Reaction score
At the moment the nursery is our fourth bedroom, which we go into once every never and is a general storage area before things get rehomed - there are two pairs of curtains abandoned on the bed in there as I type!

There is a built in wardrobe which we have plans to knock out, a chest of drawers, bedside table, a dashboard from one of my OH's cars :haha: and a single bed which has a camp bed underneath it sort of arrangement. OH and I were chatting about what we want to do to make the bedroom into a nursery and we're not sure what to do with the bed?

It seems a shame to rehome it but it never gets used, baby will grow up but I expect won't need a 'real' bed for a few years, by which point we'll probably have had another baby so this baby will need to be in a different room which has a double bed in it already?

What do we think, is it better to keep it or will it just be in the way? Thanks :) xx

I would honestly keep it in the room! I've lost count of the number of nights DH or I have had to sleep (or at least pretend to sleep) on the floor next to LO's crib because he had a nightmare/teething/illness/some other anxiety and it would be so much more comfy on a bed!

I agree, if you have room, keep it! Our "spare" room has a sofa bed in which we are keeping in there once it's a nursery. It'll be a godsend for those sleepless nights when the OH is at work, or somewhere just to sit/lie down next to baby :)

Keep the bed! Also my boys were both in a bed early (14months for Ds1 and 8months for DS2) the pull out bed could work well.

DS1 moved because he was ready, DS2 I moved because he was hurting my back putting him in and out of the cot but I could sit to put him in a bed.

Awesome, thank you very much - I really appreciate the advice :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"