Nursery theme ideas.

.Babyh0pes.

Reaction score
It's never too early to start planning ahead. But I'm stumped... I know what theme I want for a Babygirl.. But for a baby boy... I just don't know. The whole zoo animals seems so traditional. I want something other than traditional. Help!

For me, whether it's a boy or girl, I'm doing a woodland animal theme. I love the bears, raccoons, skunks, squirrels, etc. along with trees.

I did a disney theme with a large sorcerer's apprentice Mickey Mouse conjuring up other disney characters. He also has a wall sticker saying when you wish upon a star your dreams come true in a disney font.

Other themes
Nautical
Aeroplanes
Birds
Numbers
Alphabet
Race track
Minibeasts

I think it all comes down to how you interpret a theme. Check out Pinterest got ideas, there's loads.

Thanks girls. Both of your ideas are lovely. I was thinking owls. I seen something on tumblr that was kind of cute but DH says "owls are weird" :/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 15
How can owls be weird?! That's a lovely pic

hmm well for a boy - planes, trains, cars, mideval like castles and knights? teddy bears, puppy dogs (maybe like a fire truck and dalmations?), western, mickey mouse, pirates, frogs...

Hope you like one of those at least haha

Owls aren't weird. :haha:

This is my daughters owl themed room.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 26
hmm well for a boy - planes, trains, cars, mideval like castles and knights? teddy bears, puppy dogs (maybe like a fire truck and dalmations?), western, mickey mouse, pirates, frogs...

Hope you like one of those at least haha

I like the Micky mouse idea. Can't go wrong with Micky. :)

I love owls! :) hmm I can't think of anymore that haven't been said already, I like the space & medieval themes.

Our baby won't have a nursery, they will have a baby corner in our room :haha: then we will prob redo DDs room when they both share.

The corner will look like this hopefully

Attachments

• 4cfab47ad5b468835a54acffb4336437.jpg
    4cfab47ad5b468835a54acffb4336437.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 19
I love owls! :) hmm I can't think of anymore that haven't been said already, I like the space & medieval themes.

Our baby won't have a nursery, they will have a baby corner in our room :haha: then we will prob redo DDs room when they both share.

The corner will look like this hopefully

That's lovely.

I was thinking of having a bassinet in our room. But crib and everything else in nursery.

Still so early. But I'm so excited, and I love planning lol

I personally want to avoid anything too cartoony and will have a classic/timeless nursery that little one can grow into, with some more feminine touches or more masculine elements depending on the gender. There will be a little bit of a theme (animals), but I will frame black and white mom and baby animal prints :)

https://i57.tinypic.com/ncauxc.jpg

https://i58.tinypic.com/219p8c5.jpg

https://i61.tinypic.com/zwkfg2.jpg

Those nurserys are amazing! I love those picture ideas x

Owls are absolutely adorable! And so simple to alternate between the gender!

I love the animal pictures idea too! So cute.

& yes I agree. Owls can be for both. :)

Blue owls or pink owls. Even yellow owls & green owls

I'm not getting to do a nursery this time either lovemybub. LO will be in with me and I will redo DS's room for both of them when they move in together.

My father passed away six years ago. His 2 favorite things were owls and hot air balloons. My house is filled with owls already. So our nursery would be old fashioned hot air balloons. I found great stickers and mobiles :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->