Nursery wants to put dd back in nappies

cathyr4328

Reaction score
Hi, first time posting and just looking for some advice on how to handle this situation. My daughter has been toilet trained for 5 months with only the odd accident, maybe once a fortnight, however for the last 3 weeks she has wet herself every day in her playgroup. I went and spoke to the new supervisor and she said perhaps she needs to go back into nappies". I said no way, she doesn't have any accidents at home, she said well sometimes when eva says she needs to go, she will have to wait until someone has time to bring her and by then its too late. Eva has been so upset recently and keeps saying sorry mummy when i pick her up. I have told the playgroup if they do not have time to take her I will come back every hour to help her. What else i can do??

oohh gosh I havent even thought about training so no help but how old is she? I think its a bit off for them to make her wait tbh - I would insist that she doesnt go back to nappies and just go in and take her to the toilet. It sounds a bit unhelpful of them tbh xx

Personally I don't think it's good enough that they would prefer to have her in nappies because of staff shortages! Surely they should be reminding her constantly about going to the toilet so that she doesn't reach the point where shes bursting? If I were you I'd stick to your guns and keep her out of nappies x

I have no experience with potty training nor nurseries. But from my point of view a nursery that doesnt have enough staff to take your daughter to the toilet and let her wet herself is ridiculous! your poor daughter, i would be looking for a new nursery. I hope you find a solution xx

I would be SO angry!! LO has only been toilet trained for 4 weeks ish and she can hold for a 5 mins till we get to the loo so theyre obviously leaving her longer than this?? How degrading is that for your poor wee girl?! She knows she needs, shes saying she needs she is doing everything in her power to go and theyre too understaffed to help!! argh! Do you have to stay with this nursery? Sorry your going through this and sorry your LO is being left like that! Im angry for you!! xxx

Hi, Eva will be 3 next month, and it is the local sure start programme she attends. I am fuming about what they said as at home she just goes herself without even telling me or asking with no problems.

The way I see it is, you wouldn't put an elderly person with limited bladder control into a nappy for the carer's convenience so why do it to a child.

OK so the odd occasion of waiting a few mins might lead to the odd accident at nursery but not every day.

I would be livid and absolutely refuse to put her back in nappies due to negligence on behalf of the staff. I would be making a formal complaint, climbing the chain of command as far as I can go, and if I didn't get a satisfactory resolution, remove her from the group.

It is already affecting your LO's confidence and self esteem. Can you Imagine what putting her back into nappies will do to compound that?

i would be making a serious complaint once a child is potty trained if they need the toliet they need the toilet. i agree make a formal complant against them maybe even look into chainging playgroup

This is out of order. Not least because it is a Sure Start initiative to have them potty trained by 3. Poor thing getting upset about it as well - I would be upset and furious.
Matilda goes to a Sure Start nursery and they started potty training her at 2 and they are great - every hour or so they take everyone to the toilet so there are very few accidents.
Don't give in!

:nope: this really isn't good enough. I would complain, and if your complaint isn't dealt with properly then I would look at finding somewhere else for her to go. It doesn't really fill you with confidence about the way they are running the playgroup if this is their attitude.

I complete echo everyone else - you shouldn't have to put her back in nappies. Your daughter sounds like she is doing really well with it, they are just being useless unfortunately :(

not read the other posts but in response to OP...absolutely unacceptable :nope: my DD is not quite 2.5 yet and i began training her and even though she had more accidents than success her nursery even encouraged me to put her in just knickers when she attends as it helps them by feeling wet. For your DD's nursery to want her to go backwards when she's mainly dry...no way!!!

If she takes herself to the toilet at home, does her nursery not have toilets accessible for her to do this there? They need to make time to pop her to the toilet...and no way should you have to go there yourself to do it!

Rubbish! They should be the ones making allowances not your daughter - I would complain to them and to the local education authority that runs the centre!

I would be soo angry with this. Your wee one is doing everything the way she should and the nursery are letting her and you down. Can you speak with the manager?

xxx

I would be making a complaint as she isn't having accidents at home it sounds like they are wanting her back in nappies as it's the easy option for them. I would say no way and if possible try and find a new nursery, one that wont make your DD feel unhappy.

Its not really an option for her to use the toilet by herself as it is out of the classroom which is locked and down a corridor so she has to rely on someone to bring her. She can pull down her pants, wipe her bum and wash her hands by herself, so its just the fact that she is being left waiting too long to go. This has only been happening the last 3 weeks so I am really surprised and shocked as she was at the classes all through summer with NO accidents. I don't know what has changed??

i would def complain hun, thats not acceptable at all, broke my heart when i read that bit about her apologising to you :(

I think id be quite upset by what they have said to be honest and if its not something they can work with you on (encouraging the potty training) then to me they dont sound a very capable nursery.:growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->