Nursery wants to put dd back in nappies

Thats disgusting that theyd leave her to wet herself :wacko: not on IMO. I'd complain for starters.

This sounds horrible
:hugs: for your LO, it must be making her feel terrible if she keeps apologizing to you :cry:

That's not good enough at all. The nursery need to organise it so they can take her when she needs to go to the toilet. I would take the matter further.

your poor little girl.
it must be upsetting her if she keeps saying sorry.

i would be complaining to the nursery myself.

Hope you don't mind me comenting I normally loiter around baby club.

Poor show by the nursery for being lazy wanting her back in nappies. I'd guess with that type of attitude their must be other LO's in the same situation or LO's who are being held back from training because of them. Imagine a LO's 1st day or so in 'big girl pants' and they don't take them to the toilet. They will never get confidence and mum will never realise its nurserys fault.
I'd also be worried about how frequently / infrequently they'd change nappies. If they can be arsed to take LO to the toilet how bothered would they be about changing a dirty nappy?

that is very not on. If a LO says they have to pee, then there should be enough staff so that the child can be taken to the loo! Even if that member of staff has 1 2 3 children tagging along. Thats what happens at Emmas nursery, if a kid needs to pee they get to pee ASAP!

I would see if you can find another nursery as this one doesnt sound adequate and its so not fair on your LO that she is feeling she is doing something wrong when she isnt.

Interestingly, I went to a seminar on TT last night! One big no-no is to not put her back into nappies, because it sends mixed messages. It's okay to have accidents. She shouldn't have to apologise. I don't think the issue is you or her, it sounds like the nursery is causing issues. If they can't do their job properly, discuss [firmly!] with them what you want, or it may be time to find another place. Good luck.

I would stick to your guns. How on earth is your LO supposed to learn if they don't give her the cahnce! And she's been doing so well at home, so it's a definate problem within the nursery!

This is deplorable!!!! how dare they suggest that your child returns to nappies simply because they cant get their arses in gear!!

I am a nursery manager and if one of my staff members said this to a parent or behaved in that way i would haul them over the hot coals!

Firstly, all children should be offered and encouraged a toilet break at least every hour, they can be taken in groups so that one person doesnot spend their whole day out of a room, children should be taken to toilet or have their nappy changed as and when needed, simply leaving a child to soil themselves or in a dirty nappy is disgusting.

Surely its quicker to whip them to the toilet than to have to wipe them down and change their whole clothing?

Your poor lo is obviously being affected by this - speak to the manager immediately and take action.

I would not recommend going to the play group to take her to the toilet, a parent coming and going throughout the session will confuse and upset the routine and children. I would however ask the manager to provide a thorough copy of the daily routine including toiletting and meals / snacks and staff numbers throughout the period.

This is disgusting behaviour!!!! they are affectively stunting her development and self care skills in even sugesting this. It is their duty of care to observe their own practises and ammend them should they they not be appropriate for the children, good luck to you

Went in this morning and spoke to the manager and explained that I found the situation disgraceful and degrading for eva. Surprise surprise, No accidents today. Don't know if its a conicidence, but we'll see.
Thanks to everyone who posted.
Cathy XX

Went in this morning and spoke to the manager and explained that I found the situation disgraceful and degrading for eva. Surprise surprise, No accidents today. Don't know if its a conicidence, but we'll see.
Thanks to everyone who posted.
Cathy XX

funny that isnt it!!! Keep your eye on things, if your not happy about anything then speak with the manager because her staff can only be as good as her.

I agree with above post its funny how she gets to toilet when you say something proves its them

I agree with above poster that its funny how everything perfect once you seen manager. Proves its them not being arsed and not your daughter. Keep watching them and praising and hopefully she's get her confidence back

my mum used to run a playgroup and i was disclosed to help out if i was home.and if a child ever aksed to go to the toilet(even if we knew they didnt need but just liked to ask:haha:)someone took them straight away.

to be honest its much more work if a child wets themselves!
and how to get a child to loose confidence,esp if she is asking to go.

im glad there were no accidents today but just stay on the case

I am horrified that this has been suggested. I'd be having words with the manager and would stop sending LO to be honest.

They want your daughter to take a step back and learn to pee in a nappy again purely and simply because they haven't got time to take your daughter to the toilet.

That is disgusting. I'd be writing a letter of complaint about the incompetences of the staff!!

Just read your update!

Glad you got something sorted, doesn't give you much encouragement about the nursery nurses though eh!

Hope she is ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"