nursing bras

Gemma Lou

Reaction score
Hi there everyone

I just thought I would post a thread as this is an area I was worried about. My midwife told me that by 34 weeks you should have a nursing bra ready incase little one decides to come early.

Well I went to mothercare and they were really helpful. They asked what I was before the pregnancy started (34A), and we discussed how I have changed to a 36B. They said that when I have had the baby I will go back to 34 as its the bump making me bigger.

I am still measuring at a 36B and she said that if I got 34C that would be fine for nursing after birth. She said that my 34 will come back quickly and that you need to go up one cup size ready for the milk to come in.

She has said to keep the receipt and has told me to go in again in a couple of weeks if little one hasn't come just to get measured again and to check that I still have the right size. They were so helpful.

Hope this helps people x:hug::hugs:

Ohh, cheers for that. I am going to go this weekend and get measured. Should be fun as gone from a 34E to a 38J! I really hope that they have the nursing bras in that fit me, and the ones I like as so far only seen one by Royce that looks comfy. Going by the horrendous maternity bras I bought - I have 5 that despite being the correct size are SMALLER than a normal non wired bra, I was very very annoyed as thats over £100 on crap bras!

Im dreading getting measured, i hate my big boobs as it is!

I know i need to, i look like i have four breasts

I bought 4 bras when I found out I was pregnant and my usual bras did not fit as comfortable anymore. They were not nursing bras by any means.
I was a 36A prior to pregnancy and purchased 2 36B and 2 36C. But now I am finding I need a 38 cause the 36 (even on the last latch) leaves indentations in my skin. I bought a nursing bra recently in a 38B and wonder if that will be big enough because my breasts are just starting to enlarge again.
Guess we'll find out, won't we :>
So if you are purchasing your bras, make sure you increase not only cup size, but your size around for the ensured comfort. And be careful cause you might need bigger than that.

i bougt 2 nursing bras 3 days before giving birth, and when my milk came in they were so so so tight on me, i didnt end up breast feeding but had tried them on etc so i took them back and they gave me a refund

Lou
xxx

Dont buy until your milk comes in. Honestly you go up like 3 sizes!!!!!! Happens 3days after birth usually and they get HUGE!!!!

I got measured and bought mine at 38 weeks, gone from a 32F to 34H - my god if they are any bigger than that I'll be giving Dolly Parton a run for her money!! :rofl:

I was told to get measured and buy one in the last month of pregnancy, but I think I'm going to wait until after I give birth. By the sounds of it, boobs get even bigger once the baby is here, so I think I'll go a few days after I get home. I'll just work things out with the bras I have now.

xx

I bought 4 bras when I found out I was pregnant and my usual bras did not fit as comfortable anymore. They were not nursing bras by any means.
I was a 36A prior to pregnancy and purchased 2 36B and 2 36C. But now I am finding I need a 38 cause the 36 (even on the last latch) leaves indentations in my skin. I bought a nursing bra recently in a 38B and wonder if that will be big enough because my breasts are just starting to enlarge again.
Guess we'll find out, won't we :>
So if you are purchasing your bras, make sure you increase not only cup size, but your size around for the ensured comfort. And be careful cause you might need bigger than that.

i bought some bra extenders off ebay cos i had this problem. they've saved my bacon and stopped me having to buy more bras for now!

Getting measured was bizarre - as someone who's worn 34A before getting pregnant, being told to buy 38DD nursing bras was hilarious! Glad it's not just me...

Don't waste your money on them until LO arrives!!!

Pre-pregnancy I was a 36B. I gradually grew and at the end of pregnancy was a 40E. 3 days after the birth my milk came in and my boobs grew but I was still comfortable wearing my 40E. Now after 2 weeks of breastfeeding I'm wearing my 38D ones from when I was just a couple of months pregnant and they fit fine.

I'm still going to hang on a couple more weeks before buying nursing bra's at £20 a time, just to let my flow settle and hopefully I'll lose a bit more baby fat before then too!!!

TBH I reckon it's a waste of money buying them when pregnant. If I had of done I'd be stuck with a load of bra's that are now too big.

I'm so glad you found a place that was super helpful :) I've never really had much luck in the finding the right size department and everything, Ive always measure myself and just gotten things online. The best place I found (online) was Leading Lady, if you end you needing more stuff, or if someone else reading this is interesting in looking, check out the website! They have soooo many option!:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->