O/T should prisoners be able to have sex whilst doing a sentance

I didnt say the thread was about the TV's and games consoles but plenty of poster ahve been banging on about how its unfair that inmates have them and that prison is too easy and they should all be on bread water and hard labour...I was merely pointing out that in fact prison is not all faun and games.

Then I added my opinion on the point of the post that no I don't think inmates should have conjugal visits.

<faceplam>

With each other? They can go at it all night for all i care but with wifes/GFS etc? Nope.

That does happen in both male and female prisons either voluntary or not! ..^^^^............... i remember watching a ross kemp doc about a prison in Africa/asia etc where this happened alot and often prisoners who are subjected to it commit suicide ......and in some of these prisons they do not distinguish between higher risk criminals/crimes......their are teenagers and people who say have just stolen food put in with murderes, rapists and peodphiles............ this sort of prison system is just wrong altogether, there is no rehabilitation they are thrown in together often sharing cells with huge amounts of people..............in some prisons in the usa/mexico other places its about surviving until you get out of prison, even if that means having to kill other inmates.......its wrong.

i dont agree prisoners should have sex at all.............but the prison system isnt easy at all.... and some countries prison system is just totally messed up and extreamly bad...........prisoners that will eventually be realeased SHOULD have opportunities to gain qualifications, learn a trade, have therapy, and be held in a safe enviroment where they wont be attacked or abused and be able to keep contact with the world through tv and family...............these are people that will eventually be let back out in to society.............i'd rather they were rehabilated properly than come out a far damaged and worse person than before they went in.

two wrongs dont make a right..... and an eye for an eye will make the world blind as they say x

That does happen in both male and female prisons either voluntary or not! ..^^^^............... i remember watching a ross kemp doc about a prison in Africa/asia etc where this happened alot and often prisoners who are subjected to it commit suicide ......and in some of these prisons they do not distinguish between higher risk criminals/crimes......their are teenagers and people who say have just stolen food put in with murderes, rapists and peodphiles............ this sort of prison system is just wrong altogether, there is no rehabilitation they are thrown in together often sharing cells with huge amounts of people..............in some prisons in the usa/mexico other places its about surviving until you get out of prison, even if that means having to kill other inmates.......its wrong.

i dont agree prisoners should have sex at all.............but the prison system isnt easy at all.... and some countries prison system is just totally messed up and extreamly bad...........prisoners that will eventually be realeased SHOULD have opportunities to gain qualifications, learn a trade, have therapy, and be held in a safe enviroment where they wont be attacked or abused and be able to keep contact with the world through tv and family...............these are people that will eventually be let back out in to society.............i'd rather they were rehabilated properly than come out a far damaged and worse person than before they went in.

two wrongs dont make a right..... and an eye for an eye will make the world blind as they say x

I agree with this...rehab, yes...education, yes.....sex with SO on the outside....NO. I am not unreasonable...I am not cruel....I do think that there is some criminals that should be strung up by their nuts and left to die, but, not the average petty criminal.

I have family members who have been in prison.. when he got out he said " I liked it in there, 3 meals a day, no Gf nagging at me, playing games.. Cant wait to go back!" He would ask to go back, yet he had family, a place to live, food etc but he thought prison was easy and fun..

I know someone (SIL's Bf's Dad) whos in jail for crimes against a young girl, he might get parole soon... Should he be let out hell no!

Sex in jail naa!!

Basic human rights is food, water, warmth and shelter.. We have people who are not criminals not getting their basic human rights met, so why should criminals get extra?

Nobody i know who has been in prison ...(i know people who have been in all different CAT prison's) has ever said that they liked prison, want to be there, want to go back there......... one of my friends husband only got 3 months in an open prison and he couldnt handle that..... they get 3 meals a day yes, but the food isnt nice..............anyone who says they want to be in prison arent right in the head or cant cope in the outside world imo.

people who have commited crimes against children, it baffles me how they are let free, no amount of rehab will sort them out, they should be put on an island similar to alcatraz - dont care if they have single rooms, tv, private showers, 3 meals cooked by gordan ramsey as long as they are never allowed near children again.
same goes for serial rapists and murderess. x

My OH has been to prison, and he wrote a diary whilst he was there.

This is a snippet of how he found it:

"You can say what you like about prison, and how easy it is, how great you think the facilities are, how prison is like a holiday camp. It's none of those things. It's a demeaning, soul-less place full of sad and sometimes evil people who have lives none of us would ever want or even imagine. All the freedoms you take for granted are removed in the name of control and security to the point that you're constantly reminded how little value society as a whole places on your miserable little existence."

To be honest I think it depends on the offence. Should a rapist be allowed to have sex when he has clearly violated someone else? I think not.

O/T - but thinking about what I put above, if anyone was interested, I am happy to put my OH's diary up here.

I'm interested! I had a lecturer once who spent time in prisons in various countries as part of his research and it was so interesting to hear his experiences but I would like to know what its like in a UK prison (all I know about UK prisons is what my dad tells me cos he works in one but its not the same as being an inmate)

Deffo go and read it. It is really interesting and opened my eyes. I wonder if there are published books like it, cos it made me want to read more.

I don't know about other books, but there has always been talk about turning the diary into a book.

My OH now goes to schools in his spare time and talks to 16/17 year olds about the dangers of driving and trying to look cool. If he can save a few lives and stop families going through the horror of it all then it's done it's job. :)

I will write about it on his thread, so as to not take this too far off topic :flower:

Yeah it was very interesting

Although its not a diary, you can google Gentle Justice and read my lecturer's dissertation, it describes what its like inside an open prison based on his experience and has quotes from other inmates describing it (there's a lot of theory stuff first, skip past that to the bit actually about the prison). Pretty interesting what I've read so far anyway.

There are many books (autobiographies ) people have written on their experiences in prison......... ones about prisons abroad really interest me.

redhead84: thank you for sharing your OH's diary, maybe it will make people realise a little what prison is really like...its not easy and that anyone could find themselves in Prison, rightly or wrongly, accidently, having done something stupid, a silly mistake or whatever. xxx i guess only people who have a loved one in prison can really see it truely from the other side xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->