Obama to expand sick leave for maternity?

I can't believe USA you have the worst mat leave in the world, literally. In the UK you get a guarantee of your job back for anything up to 12 months, you get paid for the first 9 months plus you get child benefit (everyone does) until your kid is 18, plus lots of empolyers offer half our full pay for aims 6 months, also dad's get 2 weeks or can use up mums allowance instead.it's shocking how badly you are treated, you should demand it of your government that they prioritise maternity!

Seriously this 'who pays for it' argument gets right up my nose. You know who pays for your maternity care if it's government funded? YOU DO. By paying your taxes your whole damned life. Schemes like this are not some way to take all your money and give it to some lay about who doesn't want to work for a living, they're a way of giving it back to YOU.

You want to hike up my taxes to pay for a renovation on the white house I might have an issue with that. You want to use the taxes I pay to make sure I'm taken care of when I'm producing the next generation of Americans, and if I get hit by a drunk driver your laws failed to prevent then I can get medical care without spending 3 generations of college funds for my family, you go right ahead and worry about closing the deficit by saving money on anything else you want, thank you.

I just don't think women and babies have been a priority in the us in general. I think we're really lucky that we finally have a president who's trying to take up the issue, but as pp have said, the house and congress are opposed to him and try to shut him down on everything.
I mean look at what happened when Michelle Obama tried to make school lunches healthier and get coca cola out of schools. They told her to parent her own kids and called her every name in the book.
Our political system is broken and we really accomplish nothing anymore. It's just about shutting down the other side so no one wins. And in this case, it's mothers and babies who lose.

If they give free college then give women paid maternity. Really we all pay into social security that,long down the road probably will not see. So why could we not draw from that some now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->