Obsessing over baby stuff

Lirpa11

Reaction score
Gosh, I feel like I have a problem. I think about babies an TTC way too much. DH say he wants to wait until we do one more overseas trip, which will probably be in may June next year. All I can do is think of babies and it seems to dominate my conversations, thoughts, Internet searches...

Why is it like this?? Is this normal? I wish I could switch it off for awhile. I'm not even that excited about a holiday, I'd just rather TTC..

Anyone else in the same situation? I try to stop it as I don't want everyone else to know how much I want this, but I can't stop myself.

*sigh*

I go through periods like this. The best thing for me to do is to try and obsess about something, anything, else. Right now it's couponing and running. Which I guess is a roundabout way to still prepare for a kid - learning how to shop smart and getting fit. Still, it's a good break from stalking babywearing threads!

Sounds like me exactly!!! I'm terrible.....It's all I think about and talk about. We just went to South Africa and I really found it hard to get excited about it....TTC would be exciting...nothing else seems to be. It's pants!

I was like it to start with but calmed now just because iv ran out of things to search lol

I have spell's of this too, I just try and take my mind off it with other thing's, isn't easy though

I want and need babies now... I am obsessed with prams and cot bedding for months... just hope OHs not changed his mind on start date now hes back at camp... x

I would love to look at all the stuff I want over and over again but I feel that its very hard to chose what I want when by the time I'm going to need it something better may come along, I no the basics ie how much I want to spend on each item and what I want but it took months of lists to work out what set up I wanted ie cot or Moses basket etc peaks for home, in laws etc (they live in countryside so need a good sturdy one) however I decided to leave it at that for now. I have managed to busy myself with other stuff by having other things to count down to

I'm like this too!! I even know what pram I want! (Hauck Malibu if anyone's interested) :blush:

It's all I talk about, all I think about all of the time argh! OH wants to go to Vegas next year, but I'm genuinely more excited about TTC, and he knows that! :haha:

I'm going through an obsessed period as well at the moment. I'm constantly reading b&b, searching for birth stories on the web and so on... But I've had this before and normally it calms down again after some time. Mostly it's triggered by friends giving birth. What helps me is averting my obsessing to weddings and wedding dresses :blush: Holiday planning helps as well! Of just give it some time ;)

I have s baby obsession today, I started writing yet another list of everything I want to but I already have 3 of these lists. It is all I cud think of all day

Yep. Id like to go baby shopping every weekend if I could. I genuinely have to stop myself from buying every item I think is cute. Its so easy to rack up the bills when its all baby things. I already have 2 totes almost full of things and everytime I buy something I get a warm feeling inside lol. I do my best to think of other things but honestly half of our conversations involve babies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->