Oct. '11 Mommies (30 Days and Under Left) 23 Babies Here!!!

Hey Mumatmadhouse!!!
Im booked in for a homebirth....and we are hiring a birthing pool.
Its my first baby, but im low risk (so far, touch wood) and I only live 5 mins from the hospital.
Good luck with whatever you decide :hugs:
xx

Thanks for the replies ladies! Its interesting to see peoples choices. I just wish i could make up my mind! LOL.
Shellney- Good to see you and glad to hear you have chosen your place to birth. Hope all is good with you xx

I am going to the hospital, but I am planning a water birth. I kind of wish I had chose a birthing center instead, but I like my midwife so I don't want to go switching plans this late in the game. If all goes well I will go that route next time.

So I am really late to all of this but would love to be a part of a group that feels as *!@$* as me :)

Due with #2 Oct 17th - boy

Planned c-section for me at this point. I'm really scared to have one twin vaginally only to have another emergency c-section. But.... every once and while I think that maybe I would try vaginal. So far it's a safe thought for me since Baby A is still breech. Everything would really have to be in a perfect place for em to really consider it though.. both babies head down, Baby A engaged, naturally occuring labor after the 36 weeks mark and a big thumbs up from the doctor and DH. I'll still take all the drugs though, lol, last time I attempted labor for over 22 hours with no epidural to speak of (one failed totally, other failed on half my body after 30 minutes) and it sucked.

Welcome Littlemomma :)

So was in the OB department yesterday afternoon as they thought i might be having some signs of early labor. For now it seems like my body is just gearing up for it rather than actually being in it. So that's good. Wasn't too worried, but as i lay there witha contraction monitor attached I was like "holy crap. I'm gonna be doing this for REAL soon."

AHHHHH

So was in the OB department yesterday afternoon as they thought i might be having some signs of early labor. For now it seems like my body is just gearing up for it rather than actually being in it. So that's good. Wasn't too worried, but as i lay there witha contraction monitor attached I was like "holy crap. I'm gonna be doing this for REAL soon."

AHHHHH

what kind of symptoms are you getting?

AHHHHH

I was in also today. I went walking around our local park (3 miles) and I guess I over did it cause I kept getting contractions and I just generally felt like shit, dizzy, shaky and so on, they had me come in and put me on the monitor and such and said my womb was being irritable, to go have a warm bath and rest and no more walking 3 miles ;)

I really wanted a water birth at home...gave in to pressure from FOB and family to go with midwives at the hospital...and then got diagnosed with GD so now have to stick with an OB at the hospital. Water birth isn't allowed there...completely not what I wanted but at this point, I just want my baby and as long as I don't have to have a C-section, I'll be happy. Preferably no epidural...but definitely don't want a C.

mari881-- the main issue was that i have been having like light period kind of cramps. they did not come and go like contractios but every few hours i would feel one and it would last for 10-15 minutes. i wasn't even concerned, but asked the nurse what was doing that and they sent me straight over.

baby was also not moving as.....big? strong/etc. as he had been and it turns out it's just him slowly running out of room. hard to do somersaults when you are a chunkie monkey. :)

I feel so guilty that I go to the High Risk Unit for close monitoring and that my pregnancy has been (thankfully) uneventuful when I hear all these stories about everyone else. Although I think the nurses enjoy their appointments with me because everything is so easy going.

Only thing my babies are doing right now is getting (too?) fat! at 31 weeks one was 4lbs and the other was 3lb, 12oz. lol Guess I shouldn't bother with a premature sized coming home outfit eh?

I know how you feel LittleStars. I've told everyone to not buy me anything newborn because I'm 95% positive baby will be more than 8 lbs. Or, even if he is exactly 8, he'd wear them for like a week. I've been buying 0-3mos size clothes as they go up to 12lbs and i'd prefer him to be a little baggy at first rather than not fit in them at all.

at my 28 week 3D US he was measuring as big as a 32 week baby. LOL

Ive bought mainly all 0-3m as my son was 8lbs 9oz and didnt fit most of the newborn stuff, so ive bout about 4 items newborn just incase this little lady is smaller but seen as shes measuring 1week ahead ... its not looking likely x

we were told that the baby is in the 27th percentile and will likely be on the smaller end. So, I'm buying a bunch of newborn things but not going to wash everything until we come home with her. My friends baby was 6 lb 11 oz and even some newborn things were big on him. he is still swimming in 0-3 and he is 4 weeks old. Its hard to prepare for everything :(

Really good growth scan today. LO is growing nicely and the fibroid that was near to my cervix has lifted and shrunk. If it hadn’t done that I would have had to have a C-section (the thought of it terrified me and DH nearly fainted every time it was mentioned!) Now it’s looking like a natural delivery. The consultant still wants to double check in a few weeks time, but for now I’m a really happy lady!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

great to hear Michelle :) x

I'm off to see Dr this Wed hoping he'll sign me as fit to fly on 30th Aug to Spain for my sisters wedding...fingrs crossed eek! xx

Do you think he will? I know my doctor won't let me fly past 30 weeks, and some airlines won't even if your doctor said it was fine.

hope yours does though! it would be a bummer to miss the wedding i'm sure.

----
we got moved out of 3rd trimester :( lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->