Oct. '11 Mommies (30 Days and Under Left) 23 Babies Here!!!

Mumatmadhouse- hope you dont mind me asking but have you had a pph with all your babies?? I had one with my 1st and had to have an appointment around 20 weeks with my consultant to discuss it happening again..... im a bit worried x

32 Week Appointment Update--

Baby is coming early :) Found out today he will be born no later than the 13th. Membrane sweep set for 38 weeks on the 5th of October, and if that fails then they'll induce me on the 12th (39 weeks). Doc and I are determined not to let this one get to be as huge as his daddy was at birth.

Oh wow, to know that is fab :thumbup:

Why are they doing it though .. ?

:flower:

20102001- Mu hubby was 10lb 10 ounces at birth, and I was almost 23 inches. This baby has consistently measured big. So much so that they asked me for my first 3 scans if i ws SURE i didn't get pregnant the month before. :haha:

I was, and yesterday I asked the doc how big would be the cut off limit for my body did he think. Like, what was the largest baby I could have naturally without using forceps or him getting stuck.

He told me that unless baby suddenly just like... stops growing for a week or so, they'll try to give me a sweep at 38 weesk (but they can only do this if i'm dilated). If i'm not, or it doesn't work, he said he'll break my waters on the 12th.

edit--

also, what is pph? :blush:

Very :( .... Dreading it happening again! They have told me that it could possibly happen again but they would be ready and expecting it so my consultant told me that through my labour i will have IV access & a doctor in the room for the last stages of labour.

Doc is on vacation in 2 weeks, so I'm starting weeklies now - and I get another ultrasound next week. I'm actually pretty excited! Doc also said that after next week's appointment, they wouldn't do anything to stop labor from progressing so if I start having contractions, to be prepared to head to the hospital. I'm pretty excited, even though it means more driving to appointments. If I make it to 36 weeks (which I should), they'll do weekly ultrasounds before each doc appt.

I feel so unprepared to have this baby, and yet so ready to not be pregnant if that makes sense! Hopefully the nesting urge will kick back in (had a nice flurry of activity last week, but petered out this week... with everything half done!). I *really* want to get everything ready so hubby can shampoo the carpets before September, but clock is ticking so fast!

Anyone else in a hurry to have their baby but also feeling unprepared too?

Feisty-- ooo definately, can't wait to meet him at the same time i want him to stay in there until 39 weeks at least. hehe

I feel so unprepared to have this baby, and yet so ready to not be pregnant if that makes sense! Hopefully the nesting urge will kick back in (had a nice flurry of activity last week, but petered out this week... with everything half done!). I *really* want to get everything ready so hubby can shampoo the carpets before September, but clock is ticking so fast!

Anyone else in a hurry to have their baby but also feeling unprepared too?

lol me too! With my DD everything was brought and the nursery was done by like 15 weeks haha. The only thing I've done so far is brought some clothes and put them on hangers in DD2s wardrobe. I didn't want to buy anything for the nursery yet as my baby shower is on the 11th Sept and I wanted to see what she is given from that before I go buying stuff yanno? We're gonna move the crib in there at the weekend and paint some spots on the wall that I filled. We're gonna use removable decals to decorate rather than paint it, so much easier!

Mumatmadhouse- hope you dont mind me asking but have you had a pph with all your babies?? I had one with my 1st and had to have an appointment around 20 weeks with my consultant to discuss it happening again..... im a bit worried x

Sorry if my post was misleading. I have never suffered a PPH but because this is my 5th baby my GP was of the opinion that the risk is higher this time and that i should be having my bubs at hospital this time. The consultant I went to see to get a 2nd opinion did not share the GP's attitude and is happy for me to birth at the birthing centre. Although now I may now have to opt for a HB due to child care probs:dohh:

Oooo i see, Well i really hope you get the birth you want xx

Is there anything (other than multiple babies --according to mumatmadhouse's doc) that make a woman more susceptible to PPH? Or pregnancy issues.. i.e: "if you have been diagnosed with "blank" you have a higher chance of PPH"?

Or is it random?

Im not sure hun, Mine happend because i had an epidural and couldnt feel when to push so i just pushed for the sake of it without waiting for my contractions, It also caused me to have a 2nd degree tear too :(

may i repeat: "EEK SCARY" :haha: :wacko:

I learn so many new things on here, a lot of it i'm thankful, this one... well.... EEK SCARY :rofl:

I agree very scary! :( Terrified of it happening again x

20102001- Mu hubby was 10lb 10 ounces at birth, and I was almost 23 inches. This baby has consistently measured big. So much so that they asked me for my first 3 scans if i ws SURE i didn't get pregnant the month before. :haha:

I was, and yesterday I asked the doc how big would be the cut off limit for my body did he think. Like, what was the largest baby I could have naturally without using forceps or him getting stuck.

He told me that unless baby suddenly just like... stops growing for a week or so, they'll try to give me a sweep at 38 weesk (but they can only do this if i'm dilated). If i'm not, or it doesn't work, he said he'll break my waters on the 12th.

edit--

also, what is pph? :blush:

Eeeep that's big! :haha:

Ooh pph ... sounds scary :wacko:
I cut my foot yesteday and there was blood EVERYWHERE!
My bathroom looked like a murder scene ....

When I told my mw she said one of my (blood clotting) levels was a little low ... could this cause or contribrute to pph .. ?

33 weeks today!!! Can't believe full term is just 4 weeks away!!! Anyone else shocked at how fast time is flying? I have my baby shower on Sunday and then it will be time to get everything together!

congrats mari!!! so exciting :)

ooo be sure to post pics of all your gifts :) hehe

Phantom- your OH was one big baby! My word, no wonder they dont want you going to 40wks. I am not sure about other risks of PPH its not something I had really thought about before so cant be much help there i'm afraid

Mummy2tyler- Have you been told that your risk is higher because you have had a PPH before then? Birth is amazing but it is damn scary sometimes, more so after something like that with your first i would imagine.

Mari- Congrats on wk 33! I agree its going so fast. 1st tri dragged a bit for me but since hitting second it has just flown by.

Hope everyone is well today xx

20102001- Ooh pph ... sounds scary :wacko:
I cut my foot yesteday and there was blood EVERYWHERE!
My bathroom looked like a murder scene ....

When I told my mw she said one of my (blood clotting) levels was a little low ... could this cause or contribrute to pph .. ?

I'd definitely ask the mw - would make me nervous to not know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->