Oct. '11 Mommies (30 Days and Under Left) 23 Babies Here!!!

Sorry if you're on another thread and have seen this :)

SOOOO Got out of my 36 week appointment and I'm full of news

-Induction Date is set for Oct. 12th @ 7:30am!
-Baby is HEAD DOWN!!!!!!!!!!
-Had my Group B Strep Test. Will be notified if I test positive.
-His growth has slowed up a bit, so no 10lb baby for me. Looking at a nice healthy 8.5 lbs-ish baby. They are still choosing to induce just because they can't be SURE he won't go overdue and realyl end up being 10lbs. They're gussing around 9lbs if i were to hit 40 weeks.
-I've lost 2 lbs. Not sure how that happened, but, I'm not complaining :p
-And, that means my last day of work will be on the 9th of October, so only 11 days of working left. SOOO CRAZY.

Overall, I'm pretty happy :haha: can you tell?

Due to the sad news we found out yesterday; I felt it best to wait to post these:

Wednesday Ladies:
Happy 38 Weeks- BsMonkey, Michelle773 & docility

Happy 37 Weeks- lillismommy, mommyof3girls, smartiemeup, ashleydee09, emma4331 & syntaxerror

Happy 36 Weeks- Phantom710, mummy2tylerxx, BabyDeacon & ay2808

Happy 35 Weeks- catherine869, amberyll23, MrsAgar, lanaloo, firsttimer87 & jojolou1981

Thursday Ladies:
Happy 38 Weeks- slrayner & bluebell1

Happy 37 Weeks- zenobia, lilly100, & emmalouise121

Happy 36 Weeks- babino, littlestars, anzabel, 20102001, Chaos & mumatmadhouse

Happy 35 Weeks- shelleney, Bellasmummy & k8y

Congrats Phantom, that's so exciting!! I am sure it feels awesome to have a set date that you know you will go into labor by!! I am only a few days behind you. I have my appointment this afternoon. I am at least hoping for a head down baby!

Good news!

Wish I could get some good news, yesterday my midwives app was well depressing. She just kept saying how most 1st timers go overdue and they won't discuss options with me
til my due date and they don't induce til 14 days over! I was like thanks cheering me up!

Little one is still 2/5 engaged. Today I've had period pain and braxton hicks.
I really want this baby to come ASAP :(

Thats right, they wont perform a sweep until you are 41 weeks and then they wont induce until 42 weeks
Luckily I only went over 2 days with my first so not too bad

Great news Phantom - all sounds great :)

And Melly - great that you're engaged!!

I had my growth scan today and was a little shocked - turns out my little girl ain't so little!!! She is estimated at 7lbs 5oz today at 36+5!! So looking likely to be at least 9lbs by due date!!! Does anyone else have experience of birthing a large baby? I'm a little bit nervous and praying she comes early!! I have to have another Glucose Tolerance Test tomorrow (even tho it was fine at 28weeks, so don't feel its that) and got another scan in 2 weeks to check growth again and discuss options.

But good news is, she is definitely a girl!!! So I have just done my first ever load of baby washing, lots of pretty little pink things :)

Hope everyone is doing ok xx

Wow she deffo isnt so little!!! .... My son was 8lb 9oz at birth so not huge but still a good size considering ive got quite a small frame.... I did tear but that was mainly down to pushing when i wasnt meant too.
Alot of people reckon bigger babies are easier to give birth too xx

You will be fine and the scans arnt all that accurate anyway they can be out by a lb or too i think xx

oooh congrats Phantom! Soooo exciting. Someone willl have to take over the thread lol when your induced :)
mrs malowey - at least bubs is moving in the right direction lol, so thats positive
larajj - my LO weighed in at 5lbs 11oz at 33wks, and have another scan scheduled next week (at 36wks) where mw thinks bubs could be hitting 7lbs...but I do have GD so hoping for an early induction prefferably...totally understand your fears tho lol xx

So much for being induced tomorrow! My water broke this morning. Been at the hospital since. Have an epidural already and been started on pitocin. Baby wanted to come on her own terms I guess!

Congrats mari!! Hope all goes well :)

Well I had my appointment and the midwife is pretty sure baby is still breech :( I am going in for an ultrasound tomorrow to see exactly how she is positioned. Once we figure that out I have to set an appointment with an OB to talk about a possible version and go over the c-section process just in case. I am going to look into a chiropractor or acupuncturist and give that a try before the version though.

bounce on that ball Acorn :) thats what worked for me :)

thanks ladies :) Super happy Now I feel like the big day is for sure in sight. Knowing that they wouldn't stop me if i went now, and i'll have him no later than the 12th, barring an obscenely long labor. LOL

also grats Mari :)

Mari - Cant wait to hear updates .... How exciting, hope all goes really well for you x

Happy 38 Weeks- MissK, Babyin2011, & Mrs. Maloney

Happy 37 Weeks- CoffeeLover, Firefly15, Rachaelmoore8, mari881, wantabelly & cherryness

Happy 36 Weeks- glaciergirl & ohmydarlin

Happy 35 Weeks- ahcigar, superkat & kasia

Happy Full Term Mari----- but you've probably already had your LO. LOL

Congrats Mari! Looking forward to the update. Hope all is well wiht your and little bubs :)

How exciting Mari!!

I cant remember who ased (sorry) but with my first she was estimated 5lbs 6ozs at 32 weeks!! She was then born at 8lbs 13.5ozs so again not massive but still quite big

Midwife reckons this one will be a 9lber

Just got back from prenatal appointment this morning. LO will be measured on Monday and if she is still measuring small, doctor will schedule an induction. If not, he will let her stay but he said I am making progress and he doubts I will make it to 40 weeks. So soon LO will be here! Feeling a bit nervous because I am at the point of no return now...Hope I am ready for juggling two kids now!

Michelle thats Great! I love to hear good news and see people in a good mood. :)

Mari..... I'm SO SO excited for you! Another October baby will be here soon and I can't wait, keep us posted if you can ;)

Acorn, I have friends whose baby was breech at 37 weeks and they used the birthing ball, it worked for them. Good Luck hun, I'll be prayin for you :flower:

Thanks WantaBelly! I am still holding out a little hope that she is really head down and the midwife was wrong (heads and butts do get mixed up frequently). She thought she was head down a month ago and I went in for an ultrasound because I was measuring small and she was breech! The midwife has been very careful since then when feeling her, but you never know. I am pretty sure she is still breech, but I am still hoping she will surprise us. I have tried pretty much everything I can to move her including a birthing ball. Hopefully the ultrasound will shed some light on why she hasn't turned as she is a very active baby. On a happy note, I am excited to see her again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->