Oct. '11 Mommies (30 Days and Under Left) 23 Babies Here!!!

Haha this is true - then I will be moaning there is too much!
Lara I really hope it isnt PE!

Midwife went well, she has confused me though she said he is well down in my pelvis but then put in my notes 3/5ths which is what I was last time, she did say though as this was my second he would bob in and out of being engaged so really not to pay to much attention to it.
My BP seemed a little higher than normal but she didnt seem too concerned, also at my last appointment he measured 36 but this week he measured 40 so hes had a growth spurt
BUT my last appointment was with my midwife but a student midwife who was with her felt his position and also measured me so I am wondering if she just got it wrong last time as 4 cms is a lot to grow in a week?
She definitly thinks he will be bigger than what Sophie was (she was 8lbs 13.5) and she siad he feels very long, she is on holiday now so my next appointment is the 13th October (after my DD) but she said ay problems to ring the birthing centre as they do a clinic everyday so if I am worried to give them a ring, she doesnt think I will make it to DD anyway (heres hoping!!)

How did the flu jab go mummy2tyler?

Im too bloody hot today - I love the sun and the summer but its too much being 38 weeks pregnant

Glad all is well mellly and baby is still in your pelvis :)

Flu jab went ok ... i was very brave and it didnt hurt :)

Urgh this heat is awful ..... i wouldnt of minded in july etc when i was smaller and it was meant to be sunny but its basically october, its meant to be autumn, and im huge! lol xx

Aww thats good,

I know tell me about it, its nearly October! I had my heating on last week because it was too cold LOL

Ikno whats going on, My local shop got a load of new stock lastweek ....... including a load of snow shovels ........ SNOW SHOVELS!!!
Seems they should of bought parasols!! lol

Snow Shovels!!! OMG!
I was in the range and they had christmas stuff out - doesnt seem right being this hot

Ikno ... advent calenders in the middle of a heatwave .... there may be some funny melted shaped chocolates behind the doors this year haha!

Glad your MW appointment went well, Melly. But I hope your little boy doesnt grow too much bigger! :winkwink:

Glad you got on OK with your flu jab, Mummy. Mine isnt for over 2 weeks :(

xx

It doesnt hurt hun, my arms just a bit achey now xx

Im not worried about it hurting, I just wish I could have it sooner!!
Little lady will arrived before the flu jab at this rate! :dohh:
xx

I dont think so. Its not coming to my surgery til 15th October. When I told my midwife I wanted it before the baby came and not after, she just said "oh, you'll be fine" :wacko:
xx

Happy 39 Weeks- slrayner & bluebell1

Happy 38 Weeks- zenobia, lilly100, & emmalouise121

Happy 37 Weeks- babino, littlestars, anzabel, 20102001, Chaos & mumatmadhouse

Happy 36 Weeks- shelleney, Bellasmummy & k8y​

In my news front--- went to the docs today. Am not dilated at all, but am 50% effaced. I tried to tell myself not to expect much as this is my first baby, but I guess I couldn't help it, cause I'm a bit bummed. I would have been fine with even a cm dilated.

GBS test came back negative, so that's good, though.

When's everyone's next appointments?

I have my 38 week check on wednesday, and then am induced a week later. Crazy stuff.

Effaced is good though michelle :) & glad the GBS came back neg!!

My appt is tomorrow x

Glad your appointment went well Phantom. Its great that your GBS test came back negative. And a 50% effaced cervix is definite progress.
Us UK ladies are never examined in pregnancy, so we never know how dilated we are until we are in labour! Im sure you will start dilating soon!

AFM: I have an appointment tomorrow. My midwife is coming to my home, to scope it out and see if its suitable for having a homebirth in. I will also have an antenatal checkup, and if everything is still low risk, I will be booked in for my homebirth! Then I can book my birthing pool! Its all very exciting! :dance:

How is everyone?
xx

Does everyone normally get a flu shot? I have actually never had one and decided not to get one while pregnant. Glad everyone's appointments went well and are progressing!! Very exciting. I have mine in about an hour. I think she might check my cervix this time! :)

Pregnant women are advised to get one as theyre classed as high risk but its completley upto you if you agree to getting it or not xx

Hope all goes well at the appt :)x

i asked about the flu jab at my doctors and was told there wasn't much research in giving it to pregnant women, and was basically made to feel like it wouldnt be safe...i thought that was odd tho tbh
Had 36wks growth scan yesterday and bubs has slowed down a bit :yipee: and weighed in at 6lbs 8oz! Consultant is happy for me to carry on without any induction etc unless I get to 41wks at which piont they'll induce. So...baby...in 6 days time you will be getting your notice of eviction! lol

Hope everyone else is enjoying (or not lol) the recent sunshine and all babies are well xx

I do normally get a flu shot. Partly because I have a 103 year old grandme who won't and I don't want the guilt of being the one who killed her by passing a bug and also partly to protect my daughter and now that she is going to school more like protecting myself from DD. Man she gets sick a lot now. It was so nice before she started school, we hardly ever got sick at all.

Little stars this is one of the reasons i got it too, My son goes to nursery so he picks up allsorts of bugs etc , I really dont wana be ill with flu while looking after a newborn & a 3yr old xx

I am required to have one since I work at a hospital, but I'm waiting until after delivery to get mine. Last time it made me a bit sick, so don't want to feel like crap a few days before I give birth.

Thanks for the encouragement ladies. I would kind of like to go into labor on my own without having to have them pop my water and all, so thats why i was hoping for more progress I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->