Oct. '11 Mommies (30 Days and Under Left) 23 Babies Here!!!

Ive been for my presentation scan today and baby is still head down !!! :) :) :) sooo happy
estimated weight is ........ 6lb 15oz ....... eeeek!! Time to come out before you get much bigger little miss!!

yay mummy!!!! how exciting!!!! I can't wait to get a guess today as well, although mine isn't with a scan, just a good feel of the baby. :S

Exciting Mummy! I have had several scans over the last few weeks, but they didn't do any measuring, so I have no idea how big she is. Hopefully the midwife can give me a better idea!

Phantom- Happy 38 weeks and appointment day :) Hopefully not too much longer!

I'm really scared they'll say more than 9 lbs. 8, I could wrap my head around, but..... 10 is a lot. LOL

Oh goodness, I hope they will induce before that happens! Have you noticed a lot of growth recently? I think my baby had a growth spurt a couple of days ago, but my baby has been measuring right on the whole time, so I doubt she will be super big.

Oh goodness, I hope they will induce before that happens! Have you noticed a lot of growth recently? I think my baby had a growth spurt a couple of days ago, but my baby has been measuring right on the whole time, so I doubt she will be super big.

I have def noticed a growth spurt this past week- everyone who sees me is like "OMG WHAT HAPPENED" LoL- Im scared this baby is going to be huge!!

I will catch up properly soon ladies I promise but I thought I would let you know I have put some pics of Leo in my pregnancy journal (link in siggy) xx

Awesome birth story mellllly and what a beautiful baby! I love his hair! Where do I sign up for that labor/birth? :haha:

Back from appointment. Didn't go as well as I hoped BUT

baby is weighing in around 7.5-8 lbs currently. add another 1/2 lb or 1 to that by next wednesday and that's his birth guess-weight.

no dilation or anything on that front, and doc is saying it looks like i'm in for a long labor if i'm stll completely high and closed when i come in on wednesday for my induction. So, not thrilled, but..... :shrug: guess I'm broken. :(

I know you can go from no dilation to 10 in a matter of hours and I have known people that were dilated at 2 or 3 for weeks so don't let it get you down too much! Of course, I wasn't dilated at all last week and I am hoping for some action tomorrow at my appointment so I know how you feel. I think it feels good to just have SOMETHING change, even if it really doesn't mean anything. Any thread of hope that we will see these babies soon!

acorn - so glad bubs turned, that is great news :)

melllly - Leo is just scrummy, you must be so proud :)

Hope everyone else is doing ok. I'm feeling a little better today, think its normal to get good and bad days - pesky hormones, lol! I've got my Consultant appointment this afternoon to discuss growth scan, not sure if they'll scan me again today or not. Will let you know how I get on.

Come on October babies!!!!! :)

Hope your appointment goes well this afternoon Lara :flower:
xx

Thanku shelleney & Mummy2Tyler - you girls are lovely :)

Getting close Lara! Hope your appointment goes well!

I have mine today too. All of my family is in Iowa (about 4 hours away) and we have a wedding and it's my birthday this weekend. We wanted to go home, but I am not sure if it's a good idea or not! I was going to wait and see what the midwife said today. My boss thinks I am crazy for even thinking of going. What do you ladies think?

Acorn - definitely a busy weekend! Definitely take the advice of the MW! I'm as far along as you and definitely wouldn't be up for a long car ride or a wedding (the two I went to caused a lot of swelling in my feet/legs in the summer) but I'd be all for celebrating my birthday locally! You're fuilly baked so what's the worst that could happen? ;)

Today I feel like a dead man walking. As every second goes by I'm thinking of all the zillions of things I should have been doing the past few days and weeks. I'm running out of time!!! I really want to go to bed early tonight before the c-section because we have to be up around 5:30am but I have a feeling I'll be burning the midnight oil like a fool! I'll need to get my DH to bonk me on the head to make me sleep. lol

Ha ha, littlestars I totally feel your panic! I have been quite tired the last couple of weeks and sick the last week. I feel like I still have things I want to get done. I cleaned bathrooms, did the trash, dusted the upstairs and did a little organizing last night even though I really didn't feel up to it. I was breathing so hard while I was doing it, I felt like I was running a marathon, lol. I just didn't want to stop. I just want baby to come home to a clean house!

The car ride worries me some as well. Luckily there are a few malls on the way, so I thought we could take it slow and make a few stops to walk around and shop. The more I think about it the more I think it's not a good idea, but the more my husband thinks about it, he thinks it's a good idea. I just don't want to not go and then feel like a fool when I am still preggers 3 weeks later!

Happy DUE DATE!!!- slrayner & bluebell1

Happy 39 Weeks- zenobia, lilly100, & emmalouise121

Happy 38 Weeks- babino, littlestars, anzabel, 20102001, Chaos & mumatmadhouse

Happy 37 Weeks- shelleney, Bellasmummy & k8y

Acorn - I went to stay at my parents last weekend which is a 2 hour drive away. DH was a little worried just incase anything happened, but we decided that at the first signs of any contractions/waters breaking we would head straight home. And all was fine! Although I did seem to get a lot of BHs on the car ride, so was a little worried at times!!

My Consultant appointment yesterday was a bit of a waste of time really, they didn't scan me, told me they were happy with my GTT results and would see me at 41 weeks if I hadn't already delivered to review. I also had to see an anaesthetist as I have a raised BMI, and that was quite useful as she talked through the idea of an epidural with me, which I have been quite worried about as I had a bad experience having a lumbar puncture when I was 19. So at least that was helpful!

I also had two medical students practising on me again!! This is the third time in a row, and don't get me wrong, I really don't mind students being around etc as I know they have to learn but it just makes my appointment sooo much longer. They take a full medical history which takes about 20 mins, then they practice palpation, and then do my BP - which took them 6 tries yesterday!!! Then the real Dr comes in and does it all again, doh!!! I'm probably just being cranky, but this is the third time now!! Anyone else had this?

So I was at the hospital waiting around for 3 hours, not fun at 9 months preggo!

And I've just had a call this morning from the Dr I saw yesterday, and she wants me to go back in on Monday for another growth scan - just to check the size of baby. I have no idea why they didn't do it yesterday, I guess she has thought about it and wants to be cautious. So back in again on Monday!!!!

I'm hoping she will arrive before then anyway, I've been bouncing on my ball, eating my entire body weight in pineapple and had sex last night! My BHs were really strong after the sex actually, kept waking me up overnight - but sadly nothing else seems to be happening.

Wow - sorry for the essay, hope everyone else is doing well? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->