October 2012 Beans! (Due Dates List)

OB today was ok. Baby's head is 'very low' and we start checking cervix at next weeks appt. didn't ask about a sweep as its something I never really heard of until on these sites. I don't think it's very common here. Anyways, when she checks me next week at 38w4d I'll see where I'm at and perhaps ask. I'm more concerned about forcing something too early without my cervix being ready and ending up with another section.

I had never heard of it before but still inquired abou it. She said maybe at my next appointment as she thought 36 weeks was too early for one.

Had my sweep yesterday, was very uncomfortable and tbh not sure it's worked at all as I feel no different.

Annoyingly only change is a light spotting but mw said that's from old bloods by the entrance v.v

Booked in next Friday for a second one if this fails

10 days and counting... Want this bean out! Getting heavy, tired and emotional now. Eviction has been served!

https://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad240/rainydaysandoverlays/EMMYS%20THINGS/EMMYS%20BUMP/a4e10c6bb6a5ab2eaa37377a92650a00_zps2ac2bbe1.jpg

Hope all you lovely ladies are doing well!

Morning girls!

Apparently, the bigger the baby, the easier to push out. I had a bit of trouble with Elliot tho. He was 7lbs 12 but I was told I was "abnormally" small inside. I don't remember an awful lot about my labour tho as I was off my face and well away with the fairies. He had to have a fetal scalp electrode put in, which took his skin off when they removed it. Not sure y he had to have that and I'm wondering if perhaps it wasn't all as smooth as I imagined? I'm getting a bit worried now coz I'm sure this baby will be bigger than Elliot was.

Hahahahahahaha oopsy! That is amazin! Love it :haha:

10 days to go!

And I can't wait ... well, actually I can - I'd really rather they didn't tell me on Tuesday that they are bringing me forward a week. But even if they do I'm sure it will be fine

We are all so close now - finding it hard to believe it's finally my turn

LilOopsie - love the eviction

CJ what an odd thing to be told; you must feel like the anti-tardis :wacko:

10days?! Oh my goodness! How exciting tho... I think it must be lovely knowing when baby is coming rather than speculating every little pain... Have u told everyone or u keepin the birth a suprise for friends and family?

Haha I kno! It was a few yrs ago so I may have stretched out. Haha. I am starting to feel really scared now tho. Mind is on over drive! Only the last few days I've felt like this. I've gone from not wanting her out yet coz not ready, to wanting it all over ASAP becoz I feel really anxious.

ladies do you think i have dropped or just grown??

left is tonight (35.5) and right was about 33.5

https://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o52/internet_that_flies/gjkkvc_zps40ac17bc.png

carlyjade are you overanalyzing every pain & tightening too?? lol

I'm starting to feel like one of the only ones left waiting to go into labor au natural. It seems like everyone is having a c section, scheduled induction, etc to get things going. I'm starting to feel alone in waiting here :( anyone else still out there?
It's not safe for me to have forced labor, as I'm vbac....so I sit and wait and hope I don't go overdue.

Oh I wanna go at this lol.

Checks at 38, peacock top at 35. I can feel the drop and she has engaged, but is it noticeable?

https://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t449/Cezza_B/PhotoGrid_1348317661546_zps4c3b8855.jpg

I'm starting to feel like one of the only ones left waiting to go into labor au natural. It seems like everyone is having a c section, scheduled induction, etc to get things going. I'm starting to feel alone in waiting here :( anyone else still out there?
It's not safe for me to have forced labor, as I'm vbac....so I sit and wait and hope I don't go overdue.

I'm waiting :(

OT for us, but it's my SIL's due date today! She went the full 2 weeks over and was induced with her first. She's booked in for a sweep on Thursday, so one way or another we'll soon have a new niece/nephew!

I'm hoping for a VBAC too. I'm debating refusing a sweep this time (if they offer one), I had one with my DS and it wasn't nice!

I'm waiting au natural! Still got 5 wks til my Edd :(

Yea I sure am Shell! Lol. Have major BHs with this baby. Didn't have them last time so they do set me off in a panic! My labour started after my water broke the first time so I knew that when it started, it was it! I'm scared this time I won't know lol.

Aw lovely bump pics girls! Shell uve defo dropped. Mrs B u look lower too. I think I look a bit lower aswell so hopefully she's even more engaged than she was on Tuesday! Lol

I am waiting... no c-sec or anything here!! and I still got over 5 weeks to go!

Girlfriday- is a sweep advisable as if your cervix isn't ready and it puts you in labor. It's like a big fear as its the start of what led to my c section last time. I am really hoping it happens naturally in my 39th week, that's be awesome, but I fear wishful thinking.

10days?! Oh my goodness! How exciting tho... I think it must be lovely knowing when baby is coming rather than speculating every little pain... Have u told everyone or u keepin the birth a suprise for friends and family?

Haha I kno! It was a few yrs ago so I may have stretched out. Haha. I am starting to feel really scared now tho. Mind is on over drive! Only the last few days I've felt like this. I've gone from not wanting her out yet coz not ready, to wanting it all over ASAP becoz I feel really anxious.

I've told family and a few very close friends - but most people are probs thinking 9th which is my DD

Let's hope you've stretched a bit in the intervening years CJ

Shelly & Mrs B they both look lower to me ... fingers crossed your LOs are getting ready to do their stuff xx

I seem to be cleaning again! Been putting the last few things in their places in the kitchen and then had the need to scrub the bathroom!
I've got halfway round and am having a wee break (that makes it sound like my bathroom is huge, when in fact it's tiny! - what it means is I've done the sink, cupboard and loo, and have yet to do the bath and floor!)

Honestly, I don't think a sweep puts you into labor unless your body is ready. I have had sweeps with all of my children and my first was 4 days overdue, my second was 8 days overdue, and my third was a week early, but I don't think the sweeps had anything to do with it. I just like to get them in the off chance it will help. I thought I was going into labor yesterday, but turns out I have the flu!!! I was puking and pooping all day yesterday and then at bedtime I got a fever. It has been miserable!!! I predict I will go into labor on September 28th. Anyone else have any predictions of when you will go into labor?

ladies do you think i have dropped or just grown??

left is tonight (35.5) and right was about 33.5

https://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o52/internet_that_flies/gjkkvc_zps40ac17bc.png

carlyjade are you overanalyzing every pain & tightening too?? lol

Looks like you've dropped to me :D

I'm going au natural toooooo! 10 days n counting. Had a sweep but unsuccessful so will be waiting it out now.
Mw said I'm 1cm dilated and will prolly end up a September baby, here's hoping

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->