October 2012 Beans! (Due Dates List)

argh...im dying of the lurgy!!!any advice ladies?i know we preetty much cant take anything so what have u ladies done for coughs/colds/flu/throat infections?etc

I just took paracetamol and Halls Soothers, doctor said Halls Soothers were ok to use and although I was worried about taking paracetamol for too long the doctor said it's fine as long as you follow the dosage instructions etc.

I honestly don't think there is much else...except from try warm bowl of water and towel over your head to use the steam to losen everything up....I just drank loads of tea, decaff lol, that helped me!

Honey and lemon in hot water for a sore throat but no other meds except paracetamol that I know of, sorry.

CJ - I had a couple of days last week where I didn't think I'd noticed her move for a while, but think it's just because I was thinking about other things.
Her pattern/type of movement have def changed in the past week or so though - lots more ripples and wiggles rather than full on punches and kicks.

Wish I was on the all natural list but pretty certain this little madam is comfy as breech/transverse. Midwife tomorrow when I'm sure I'll get sent for another scan and a chat with a consultant - maybe that will scare her into shifting.

I half wish I wasn't on the natural list lol, would be nice to know when it's going to happen & I know a c-section is a risk & bigger recovery time but I've had operations on my uterus before due to endometriosis & other things & it really wasn't too bad.
I guess it's the unknown that is scaring me.
x

Thanks all for advice. She's back to her fidgety self now! Caused me grief driving Elliot to school with her foot in my ribs again! I literally have to drive lying down now! If I didn't have a 12 mile round trip to get Elliot to school, and bk again, I wouldn't bother driving at all! I passed my driving test 2 wks before Elliot was born, he never gave me this much grief! Lol.

Islander - I have no suggestions sorry. I haven't had a cold while pregnant. I would just say to steam it out, plenty of fluids and rest! Hope u feel better soon :hugs:

I know wat u mean Lisa! I would like to know when the baby is coming. I'm not for all these surprises!

Islander- we always used to fill a bowl with boiling water and add a few drops of euchalyptis oil to it the with a towel draped over inhale. Other than that the Tylenol and honey/me on tea sounds good, and you just have to let it run it's course as its a virus.
I used to dring rooibus chai tea when sick but I don't know the safety during pregnancy.

Hope you are all well. I'm very down in the dumps today, got little to no sleep and my eyes are all swollen to from crying. DH was pretty rude to me and had been for a couple of days. What is it with men going wonky and unsupportive in the last stretch. I'm at my wits end with him. I'm already sore uncomfortable and emotional, he doesn't need to act like this.

sorry to hear that hopeful :( hopefully he will come round...my OH has been funny too cause he is trying to stop moking before the baby comes and it makes him a bit of a tw@t! im due to see the nurse tomorrow for a blood test so i phoned the surgery and im seeing the doc afterwards to see if she cant give me something (anything!!!) as i can feel it turning into an ear infection as we speak. its a really nasty bug that takes about a month and involves cold/flu symptoms, throat infection, sinus infection, sickness and diahrrea... and im just done!totally exhausted and i need to get better soon cause i can barely do a load of laundry like this nevermind deliver a baby!lol

:hugs: hopeful. Not good that DH was rude to you :brat:
& it's horrible when you don't sleep well. Any chance you can go back to bed for a little nap at all? I just went for one at 11am & didn't wake up until 2pm :shock:
I feel much better now though :hugs:
x

i also napped from 8.30am til 12.30 pm...it was good :) and the dogs napped too - yay for me :)

Hope you are all well. I'm very down in the dumps today, got little to no sleep and my eyes are all swollen to from crying. DH was pretty rude to me and had been for a couple of days. What is it with men going wonky and unsupportive in the last stretch. I'm at my wits end with him. I'm already sore uncomfortable and emotional, he doesn't need to act like this.

Boo to Mr Hopeful! Hope he sorts himself out soon ... do they not realise that the job description of a father to be looks like this:
1) Be a rock
2) Refer to item 1

im due to see the nurse tomorrow for a blood test so i phoned the surgery and im seeing the doc afterwards to see if she cant give me something (anything!!!) as i can feel it turning into an ear infection as we speak. its a really nasty bug that takes about a month and involves cold/flu symptoms, throat infection, sinus infection, sickness and diahrrea... and im just done!totally exhausted and i need to get better soon cause i can barely do a load of laundry like this nevermind deliver a baby!lol

Oh bum - sorry to hear you're still poorly Islander ... hopefully the doctor will have something you can take to speed your recovery: if it's bacterial there'll be some antibiotics you can take, but if it's viral there's not a lot they can do :(
One thing that can help with throat infections is gargling with salt water - you don't need a lot of salt, and is best to use cooled kettle water (though as hot as you can stand it) :thumbup:

it's horrible when you don't sleep well. Any chance you can go back to bed for a little nap at all? I just went for one at 11am & didn't wake up until 2pm :shock:
I feel much better now though :hugs:
x

Naps are good - especially when you spend half the night up and down to the loo!

Just think girlies - it's october next week! Can you all believe we're so close??

OMG... October next week!!!
& I just realised that my baby is due next week too :shock:
where did the last 38 weeks go???????
X

She probably won't come out next week though, I'm not optimistic about that :haha:
x

So I just found out that there will be no doctor in the office tomorrow just the midwife, which means I may not have my induction date for friday, I may not get one at all.

Oh nooo. Why do you need an induction again? Surely if it's medical then they need to sort something for you?
X

Baby is coming next Wed! Finally booked a section.. Soo scared but glad to have an end date in sight!! So close xx

I'm more than a little jealous haha :brat:
Ah well, more time to sit on the couch and eat cake! :happydance: can you tell I'm trying to cheer myself up lol.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->