October 2015 and Beyond...8 BFPs!!!

Definitly get basal thermometer, i used regular thermometer first 2 cycles and my charts were weird. Gives flat temps and also i would temp and get 37 and 2 second later temp again and get 35.4 like more u temp, more numbers u get! but bbt is more accurate.
Also for some ppl, temp doesnt shift a lot so its harder to read regular thermometer charts because it rounds to 10th digit.

I was temping vaginally and DH thinks its gross so i stopped but more accurate vaginally.

So before ovulation avg temp and after ovulation avg temp gives u the shift, not one or two high temps. FF will calculate that for u.

Ok will do! Thanks guys! I'm hoping this will distract me from the fact that I'm not actively trying. It's a new focus and it will give me information on my cycles so I can bang it out the first cycle lol!

Haha I thought about setting an alarm too! What makes a thermometer bbt? Is it good enough if it shows two digits? Or do I need to buy one that says bbt on it? Lol I have like three here I'd like to not buy one if I can.

Sorry you haven't been ovulating, temping helped you figure that out yeah? Have you been bding ? I'm excited this cycle for you!!!

I agree with Golden. I'd definitely get a bbt. I hope temping works for you! I like having all that data about my cycle. It takes away a lot of the crazy of ttc because it tells you when/if you ovulated.

I have been bd every day and a half this week. Today was the first day of my possible ovulation window. I should ovulate sometime between now and Wednesday but no sign of it yet. Negative opk today. I wouldn't be suprised if I ovulated late though. :/

We're staining our deck tomorrow and it's supposed to be sunny and 75 so I'm planning on keeping my mind off waiting to ovulate by enjoying the beautiful weather this weekend!

I know our thread is winding down but I'll let yall know if the clomid works and I ovulate or not this cycle :)

Yes! Please let us know! I'm still here, checking every day! I'm really rooting for you guys!!

I'm here too! Kind of bummed that i'm about to ovulate and have to ignore it.

So, what is the difference between the bbt thermometers and regular ones?

From what I can tell online it is more accurate in the bbt range, so 96-99 to one-tenth of a degree. And it seems like they are no more expensive than a fever one. I've been looking but haven't found one yet, trying to avoid Walmart lol.

If walmart has it, maybe you can order online? Or check amazon?

Yeah I can do that lol. I've been on medicine the last few days so no temping. Probably won't start until cd1 which is due this Friday.

How is everyone?

I've been trying to keep up with you guys waiting for another bfp! I had my first ultrasound today, and I'm not sure about the results. By my lmp I should be 6w3d. My ultrasound showed only a gestational sac that measured about a week behind. I'm obviously worried and stressing. I don't know what to think at this point. She said if the measurements are correct then we wouldn't see anything this early. I've been getting labs for my hcg levels every two days and they're doubling. Any ideas?

I hope to see a bfp soon!!!

Okay things are starting to move along for me hopefully! I had really good ewcm today and my cervix is soft and high (although super beat up from all the bd lately ouch!) My horrible depressed/short tempered mood had disappeared the past two days as well. Thank goodness - clomid turned me into a crazy person and im usually super mellow and happy!

I also got a positive/almost positive opk today. What do yall think? The control line is on the right and the test line is on the left.

Attachments

• 20160201_135829-resized-500.jpg
    20160201_135829-resized-500.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 5
If that were my test, i'd count it as positive! Yay! I really hope the clomid does its job. Can't wait to see if you get a temp rise :)

Bw, do you know exactly when you ovulated? Was it later than usual?

I'm thinking I ovulated on cd17 or cd18. Which would put me a little earlier than if you go by my lmp. My cycles are 31 days long, so that gives it s couple more days, in my mind anyway. I'm going crazy!

I'm really not sure, if your numbers are good :-k what are the doctors saying? Might just be too early and you'll see something in a week or so.

I haven't talked to my doctor yet. The technician told me if I was as early as my measurements said then we wouldn't see anything yet anyway.

I also know the days we had sex, which was Jan 1-5. According to online calculators I conceived in Jan 1. Isn't that nearly impossible? Especially knowing I had fertile mucus on Jan 2, which makes me think I conceived on Jan 3 or 4. So that would put me right around just about 6 weeks, if that. Ugh I don't know I'm driving myself crazy!!!!

Bweaver, I'm sorry you're so anxious. Early ultrasounds are wonderful but it seems like they always find a way to make you worry. You may have taken a bit longer to implant as well.

I know I worried from 6 weeks until I heard the heartbeat at 10 weeks with dd because they found a hematoma with my early scan. Turned out it was no big deal. I also measured 2 weeks behind lmp date because I ovulated late so they ended up changing my due date.

I'll be thinking about you and your little bean!

Afm, I got my very first unambiguously positive opk with fmu this morning. (Well, my first one since ttc dd).

I'm just a little confused why I had a sustained temp shift three days ago before the positive opk (see chart in signature). Any ideas?

I hope you're right sapphire! I have a gut feeling that it just ovulated later and implanted later, so my dates are off. I've read when doctors go by your lmp they assume you have a 28 day cycle and ovulate on day 14, which definitely isn't the case for me!

Temping really really confuses me! If it were me, I would follow the opks more than anything!

Bw, i never been pregnant before so dont have much to say but when i went for ultrasound and ask the tech if i have any baby in there, she said sometimes its hard to see anything until 6weeks and thats based on ovulating cd14. So im sure you will see something by next week!

Sap! yay u are ovulating:happydance: I trust temping more than opk but since u already BDd the day u had temp shift, u will be fine.
Also clomid makes u produce more estrogen which can cause high temps, i wouldnt worry too much and just keep Bding, also if you disregard cd8 temp u will get cross line :hugs:

Thanks for the help golden! I think I will see something soon too, I just have horrible anxiety with things like this!!

Sapphire, good luck!!

Thanks golden. The temp increase did occur when my mood swings improved (aka estrogen rise). I could tell my estrogen levels were increasing based on mood and cm but didn't make the connection to bbt. I usually have really stable bbt too so I trust my temps just not the clomid :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->