• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

October 2015 and Beyond...8 BFPs!!!

:hugs: I'm sorry to hear af got you. I'm glad ivf is on the table for you. I would expect you have a great chance of success with ivf since you should have good egg quality. I'd love to cheer you on during your ttc journey if you want to keep us updated!

I thought I wrote back but I guess I didn't press done:// pregnancy brain.

Sap, amazing how ur girls are growing! Are u breastfeeding or formula too?

Gigs, I didn't know you had csection before. I would definitely be scheduling csection if I needed one but I told my doc that I wouldn't care if I need an emergency one at the end because getting th baby out healthy is my main goal. Don't care what it does to my body.

Maybe, sorry af got u. When the baby kicks I tear up most of the time because just last year I was testing like crazy and crying my ass off. It's truely a blessing to have him kicking in my belly. I hope that you get to feel that one day! We each gotta take different ways to make it happen, mine was clomid, urs can be IVF but at the end you will have ur baby and it's all worth it. We are here for u <3

Golden, I'm formula only now. I needed more than one hour of sleep at a time so I gave up pumping.

I'm getting excited about your little one arriving! Just a month or six weeks left. Yay!

:( I'm sorry it didn't work maybe. Unfortunately someone has to be the couple that needs some extra help. In a way, by you going through it, statistically you are sparing someone else from going through it. Hope that makes sense :hugs:

Thanks guys- I appreciate all of your support! Gigs, you're right.. I'm taking one for the team here!

We had our IVF consult yesterday and will start prepping for retrieval with my next cycle (AF due on 2/9). I am working with a specialty pharmacy to order all of my meds, and my head is about ready to spin right off my neck! I can only imagine what I will feel like when I have all these things pumping through my veins. My RE seems very confident that this is the answer for us. She said "getting pregnant is all by imminent for you, and I would absolutely never say that if I didn't feel extremely confident." It was great to hear that, although this has been a difficult journey so far, the chances of us achieving a live birth are very good. :) I'm going to a great clinic, and their IVF success rate for women under 35 is 65%, so trying to keep my head in the game and stay positive!

That's all very positive news! It's so exciting that this time next month we could all be celebrating your bfp :happydance:

Haha well hopefully we will be celebrating having some health embryos at least!! We're going to have our embryos tested for chromosomal abnormalities, so will be doing a frozen transfer (which our RE actually recommends as success rates tend to be higher). We would probably be looking at an April transfer, but that will give us a due date in the dead of winter which I'd like to avoid if possible. I was born in June and I love that it's warm when I celebrate my birthday, so I'd also like to have a spring/summer baby. Plus, being on maternity leave during the summer sounds appealing :) We figure if we've waited this long, and the embryos are going to be frozen anyway, what's a few more months? It will give us time to feel normal after the retrieval and testing without all the stress that comes with this process. I'm hoping we will be able to take a vacation before we transfer too, so that we can... reconnect? :) All of the needles, vaginal ultrasounds, 6am appointments, and taking care of business into a cup in a sterile room doesn't exactly add anything sexy to a relationship...

Everything sounds very optimistic! I'm glad things are moving forward for you. Coming from someone in the trenches with newborns right now, a pre-pregnancy vacation sounds awesome! We went to New Orleans at the end of my first trimester which was so not as nice as it would have been a few months earlier!

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm cheering you on!

A vacation sounds lovely! Where are you thinking about going?
If you are having chromosomes tested, does that mean you'll pick the sex of baby?

Regarding when to do the procedure, I'll throw in my 2 cents that a spring baby was awesome. I passed winter, which meant no winter baby, plus no having to do the shoveling of snow :haha: the weather warms up in Spring and makes you feel all revived and happy! It's a great time for birthday parties because you have indoor and outdoor options (the summer can get too hot to do anything outside here). Plus you can get out with baby on short walks in those early days where you get stir crazy, but are too paranoid to take baby out in public.

I was aiming for an end of summer/fall baby with this pregnancy, but we're having another Spring baby which I'm totally fine with!

Ahh gigs your due date is perfect! And yes, all of those things are what I'm looking forward to, especially being able to get out of the house when the weather is warm and the sun is shining. I think I would definitely get stir crazy in the winter, but I am ok with spring, summer, or fall. I guess another plus side of IVF is having much more control over when you actually get pregnant :)

Not sure on the vacation.. I'd love to go to the San Francisco/Napa area. We've never been, and I'd love to get my wine on before getting pregnant, so that is definitely on the list!

I don't think we're going to pick the sex of the baby. We want them to transfer the highest quality embryo we have based on the testing, regardless of whether it is boy or girl. If all goes well, we'll ask at our 8 week appointment what the sex is. For baby #2, we'll probably ask for the opposite of what we had the first time, unless there is a strong argument for transferring one of the same sex (mostly in terms of embryo quality). DH is ok with any combination.. I'd really like at least one girl, so hoping it works out that way for us :)

Golden, just checking in to see how you're holding up in these last few weeks. I hope all is going well.

Maybe_baby Great to hear that you got plan in place, gonna be lots of meds n extra work but will worth it at the end.

Sap, thanks for checking. Last couple weeks hav been hard, I got different kinda ache/pain everyday lol I definitely won't miss being pregnant. How are the girls?

The girls are great thanks for asking. They are growing like weeds and finally starting to go longer stretches at night between feedings which is a relief. We're close to getting some sleep!

I hear you on the not missing being pregnant. It took me 2 years to want to be pregnant again after my first. Now I am happy being done with three girls! I hope the last few weeks goes smoothly for you. It will all be worth it once baby is here!

No doubt! I will forget about it all once I hold him. We had a scan last Friday because doc couldn't tell what position he was in. During the scan student tech said his stomach s empty, he should be drinking amniotic fluid. Then her teacher came n when we asked about his stomach, she said that she can't comment on anything. They went to show the results to radiologist. We got super worried, 20mins later student tech came back saying radiologist s happy, u are good to go. I said so stomach is fine? She said ur doc will discuss with you if there s anything wrong.

It was Friday so I couldn't get a hold of my doc or anybody, cried all weekend! Then I wrote a letter to the ultrasound supervisor. She called me Monday morning saying sorry n how everything was normal. She said she talked to the student tech n she shouldn't hav talked to us about her suspicions n then leave us hanging like that.

I just felt so depressed n distant from my baby, was such a weird feeling. Like my world just went upside down:( thank god he s okey n I'm slowly going back to my excited self

I would have been livid! At least you got an apology. Is he head down? Will you let them induce you if you go past 41 weeks? (I'm curious as I've had atypical deliveries)

Wow GR, that's horrible!!! It reminds me of when I had my bad news given to me at 12 weeks with DS1 with a shaky diagnosis and no real answers, then the doctor left and told me to talk to my OB (after telling me baby had Turner's, cystic hygroma, and I should call the OB to schedule a termination!!!). It's so crazy to disconnect from baby...I know that feeling all too well, but that was early, I can't imagine at your stage!

Glad everything is actually fine! Silly "noob" tech!

Won't be long now until he's here and you can see for yourself he's OK instead of relying on other people's best guesses.

Sap honestly I don't feel like I will play the hero, I will be okey with getting induced if I go over. I'm okey to take epidural if I cant stand the pain. His head is down and he was measuring 6lb12oz on 36weeks.

We couldn't focus on anything, didn't even bother looking at his face because we were so worried about his wealth. I googled and googled even tho I wasn't sure what was wrong. Google can take u to really bad conclusion:( I cried so much that I started getting Braxton hicks. It was awful.

Gig, that's horrible! Termination, I just feel like doctors and techs should be more sensitive when it comes to babies. Even my gynos receptionist was so rude. After the scan when I called my gynos office, they didn't answer the phone because it was Friday and they were hour away from closing. I went to the clinic, asking why they don't answer the phone. She was like we were busy:/ she was playing with her hair the entire time, then she said doctor will be in Wednesday and call me if there is anything wrong. I said I can't wait til Wednesday, she was like I can't do anything else. I just wanted to pull her hair out!!!

Omg :hugs: I'm so sorry you went through that. So does that mean you only found out yesterday that everything was ok? That's a long 5 days. Thank goodness you didn't go into early labor.

I agree, a lot of dr's bedside manner is absolutely terrible...and oddly enough my worst experiences have been with ob doctors.

Thanks gigs, I found out everything was okey on Monday because I wrote a complaint letter to the ultrasound supervisor on Saturday. If I waited my doc appointment, I would be finding out right now as I'm driving to my appointment atm. Gonna complain about her receptionist but I'm sure she wouldn't care :(

:( hope your appointment went well.

There's nothing worse than feeling like the people that are supposed to take care of you don't care at all :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->