October 2015 and Beyond...8 BFPs!!!

I want to cry, when my sister came to stay we were going through possible baby names for her baby girl since the Beau Wasn't going to work with her surname ' peek' ( bo peep) lol she was reading lists online and asked what I thought of marnie (doing this for lots of names), I like it but said please don't call her that because our one and only girl name is Marley (not the same but one sound different and too similar in my opinion ) It means something to us and has been our name for 3 years since our first family holiday and it's the ONLY name that will do, especially as we have Macie already and I think George, Macie and Marley fit lovely together. Now I could of course never have another girl but I feel so possessive towards it and anything that will clearly be confused between family when addressing them. Well she just text to ask me of I like marnie, again. I said I already kinda vetoed that since our fav name is Marley. My husband is PISSRD cos this is what she does. So typical
I just would have to choose something completely different. Ugh I feel stupid for being so het up over a name and I feel like crying at the thought of loosing it

Omg thats exactly what happened to me two days ago! Me and hubby told my brother and his wife million times our future kids names so they dont use it. Im not gonna write the name here incase she is spying on me :D So she texted me saying, come see ****'s clothes that i got for her. I was like why would u name her that, i told you thats my future daughters name that i wanted since i was a kid. She was like oh i didnt know! but its just a middle name.
Im not gonna name my daughter her cousins middle name. After our convo, i thought she would change her mind since i was upset. Nop! in the morning she send me a snapchat with her name spelled on her blanket. Also my husband is from different country and we would spell it the way my husbands language would. And my sister in law, even stole the way i would spell it.
So i texted her, saying this is disrespecting, why would u even spell like that, its not even in ur language. She was like its just a name u getting upset over. I said its not just a name, its disrespecting and stealing.

Anyways i just wanted to vent, sorry for the long story :blush:

Aww no GR that's is really rude and I feel your hurt break!! I cant believe she refers to it as 'just a name' since its clearly so much more that that to you and apparently means so little to her. 'Just a name'? Seriously!

But, I will say, like some of the others told me yesterday don't give up your dream name. I think the middle name is easier to work around and you should not give up on your name x

I know, if its "just a name" and if its just her middle name, then why cant you find an other name. If it diesnt mean anything to her, then out of respect, find a different name. Also why does she need a middle name, so frustrating.

She just wants to piss me off:growlmad:

And why does she need your middle name? Very disrespectful to completely disregard everything you've spoken about in the past.

And why does she need your middle name? Very disrespectful to completely disregard everything you've spoken about in the past.

Lesson learned! we already found a different name and wont be telling anyone anymore. Never thought someone would steal my babies name huh:shrug:

Our nextdoor neighbour gave birth a few days ago. I've just popped round with some gifts and a card, to see the new little fella of course hehe, and theyve called him Oscar!!! :haha: you couldn't make this up :) good thing is, we are friendly and neighbourly but not associates of any kind and when we leave this village next year they'll probably never know :haha:

hehe worse case she will stop talking to you :p

My husband is gonna name our son, his fathers name :dohh: Its like their tradition, oldest son names their oldest son, his fathers name:wacko: His name is so old and ugly:cry:, plus there was a kid with that name, bullied me in elementary school:cry:

I want to cry, when my sister came to stay we were going through possible baby names for her baby girl since the Beau Wasn't going to work with her surname ' peek' ( bo peep) lol she was reading lists online and asked what I thought of marnie (doing this for lots of names), I like it but said please don't call her that because our one and only girl name is Marley (not the same but one sound different and too similar in my opinion ) It means something to us and has been our name for 3 years since our first family holiday and it's the ONLY name that will do, especially as we have Macie already and I think George, Macie and Marley fit lovely together. Now I could of course never have another girl but I feel so possessive towards it and anything that will clearly be confused between family when addressing them. Well she just text to ask me of I like marnie, again. I said I already kinda vetoed that since our fav name is Marley. My husband is PISSRD cos this is what she does. So typical
I just would have to choose something completely different. Ugh I feel stupid for being so het up over a name and I feel like crying at the thought of loosing it

Omg thats exactly what happened to me two days ago! Me and hubby told my brother and his wife million times our future kids names so they dont use it. Im not gonna write the name here incase she is spying on me :D So she texted me saying, come see ****'s clothes that i got for her. I was like why would u name her that, i told you thats my future daughters name that i wanted since i was a kid. She was like oh i didnt know! but its just a middle name.
Im not gonna name my daughter her cousins middle name. After our convo, i thought she would change her mind since i was upset. Nop! in the morning she send me a snapchat with her name spelled on her blanket. Also my husband is from different country and we would spell it the way my husbands language would. And my sister in law, even stole the way i would spell it.
So i texted her, saying this is disrespecting, why would u even spell like that, its not even in ur language. She was like its just a name u getting upset over. I said its not just a name, its disrespecting and stealing.

Anyways i just wanted to vent, sorry for the long story :blush:

Thats so rude and just not necessary. :grr: when will adults start adulting and stop playibg games. Id be having kittens 😡😡😡

Keep all names to yourself from now on.

I like the name jamie for a boy. My bff has said for a girl they want jamie-lynn. Out of respect i wont use it because i love them more than the name

Well it seems as most of us are doing alright! Waiting on those bfps!

I'm about 8dpo. I have no cramping today, just had some soreness in my lower back earlier but that is gone. Hopefully testing early next week!

I see lots of bfp on the TTC fb group, so im hoping this is a lucky month for everyone!

babyd ur chart looks great! im feeling like this is ur month for sure

10 dpo today. Cramping in my ovary. Feeling strong af cramps. Other stuff that could be a symptom or not so I'm not going to hold. Too much to them but in case I get a bfp I'll write them down hahaha. Weird dreams, tired all the time, hungry all the time. Random but my nails suddenly went super strong a few days ago and look gorgeous lol. No blood today either. Who knows!

I didn't know there was a TTC fb group. Makes sense though!

I also really like Jamie for a boy name, but not a girl name. DH likes it for a girl name, but not a boy name. So Jamie had to get crossed off our list too. lol

Golden, that's rough! I can relate a bit. I never wanted juniors or to name after family. Never liked the idea. But a jr was SO important to my DH, he always dreamt of having one. He gave in and let me name our daughter (and pretty much lets me come up with the girl names and half of our boy names) so I gave him the jr eventually. I do love it now though, I always wanted a Will. I just hated the confusion that would come with it. So far, no confusion, so it's fine.

Oh, and I'm cramping more today (8DPO), especially around my ovary (I only have one, so it's the one I ovulated with for sure). I'm still having little spikes up my cervix. The wait is starting to really get to me! I really just want to know. There's SO much depending on if we got it this exact month or not. SO many plans that only work for this cycle, so I want to know if it went through or not!

Picking up tests on Saturday, will somehow have to contain myself to not test before Wednesday and waste them all!

Ooo I are hope this is all good things for us. Thanks GR, I hope it stays good that's the only thing isn't it! Brought some more frers today so I might bust out one of those Saturday morning at 10dpo.
I'm so tired 7.30 and I'm in bed, couldn't manage my whole gym session today either as I was sweating like a pig and aching. Didn't evenue swim after just headed for the jucuzzi with hubs lol not like me to not finish but then I wonder sometimes if it's in my head. No other symptoms today. Appetite has settled, no real cramps, few twinges but nothing to write home about. Cm dry today. Bloated... is all :)

The thing about names....if you don't share it, you risk someone else using it and then it's like you've copied their name. It's tricky.

Anywho, were definitely due for some bfp's in here! Just think, in the next week we'll all (hopefully) have answers to that big question!

The thing about names....if you don't share it, you risk someone else using it and then it's like you've copied their name. It's tricky.

Anywho, were definitely due for some bfp's in here! Just think, in the next week we'll all (hopefully) have answers to that big question!

I hope so :grr:

Hoping we manage atleast 1 nov :bfp:.

Yes that's true giggle!

I am hoping for us all that this is the month. We are overdue a bfp around here :babydust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->