October babies due dates and bump colours

Congrats youngmummy! Can't wait to see pics!

Littlestars, I love the canvas as well. It looks very professional! And I like the tie dye too. I like the colors, very bright and fun!

Well now I've been having bloody show like stuff all day, and some AF type cramps. No serious contractions yet, but I feel like things are moving in the right direction! I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but maybe in the next couple days?? I made DH finish packing his stuff in our hospital bag, and I'm trying to think of what really needs to be done before baby arrives...

Just been at MW appointment. She didn't book me in again she said sounds like baby will be here this week. But who knows, shes going to text me on Friday, shes going to a Rugby World Cup game on Saturday, I bet I will go into labour then. ARGH. Talked to her about induction she would like to induce me at 10days over but if I really want an induction she will do it at 41+0 :)

She asked if I wanted her to to an internal to see what was happening up there, I said no, I really did want to but I can't bring myself to get one!

Thanks girls for Breastfeeding advice. Guess it sounds like he may be latching wrong....now, how to correct that! Ugh, I have tried but yea, he slides back to just the nipple again after I try to get a big open mouth on the whole thing. He is still getting food though since he's growing so well, so im just kinda dealing with it. Sucks!

Congrats Youngmummy! So many beautiful babies in here I love it!

Congrats Youngmummy!!!

zb5 - ooh, sounds like things are happening for you Hun. Keep us posted!

Oct - hope you dont need to be induced, and that things happen naturally before then!

Nyp - sorry to hear about the breastfeeding issues. Hope you manage to get a comfortable latch soon!

DMG - I didnt even notice you had changed your name! I just saw your usual tickers and read your message as normal. lol.

Lys - sorry to hear it took a while for your hives to clear up. but glad they are better now. and hope your OH is better after his flu bug.

How is everyone? :hi:
xx

nyp - try tickling his cheek with your nipple then when he opens his mouth get it in there really far in his mouth lol see if that works hun xx

lys- glad hives cleared up sounded awful.
kate- aww Williams what a poser and v cute
mommy of 3- kinleigh looks so happy with her bear, bless
zb5- happy belated birthday
mrs k- hope it goes ok today thinking of you
aww welcome Allison, she's adorable, congrats
shelleney- what lovely family and friends you have baby shower sounds lovely
ny- glad kian's gaining weight, he's lush. Yeah i heard not meant to hurt either great advice dmg.
littlestars- love the canvas and tops
congrats young mummy

is there anything i can take to help with sleeping i cant cope anymore so uncomfortable and tired? :sleep:

Adele I was told I could take Tylenol pm to sleep while pregnant. Not sure what it would b called for you though....whatever is safe for pregnancy, the pm version is fine. Aldo melatonin is said to work.

Little I love the tie dye. We have a bib for our little dude. Bought him the cutest rock n roll outfit yesterday at baby's r us. Although instill think girls are funner ton dress, I'm trying to have fun with boy stuff too! I can't wait to see pics of your twin girls all cutesied up.

Thank you Dmg I will try the cheek tickle. Hard to change a week old baby's ways. Lol.

Lys glad the hives are gone. Sounds awful.

What does everyone think of getting the flu shot now with a newborn around for flu season? I don't usually, but did last week in hospital. Also got my daughter the flu mist up the nose and oh got flu shot. Mainly to protect our little guy.

Oct bebe sorry your baby is staying put. All I can say is I know you want it out, but just try to enjoy every second remaining because it's kinda sad when they are out!

Zb bloody show is good! Soon!

I am just sitting here with a peaceful sleeping baby making such sweet faces in his sleep. I love this!

Nyp, I've never nursed before, so I don't have any actual experience.. but I have a book on all things babies, and it had the following article in it in regards to getting a good latch-on.... It's very step-by-step and made sense to me.. although who knows what it's REALLY like! :)

https://www.askdrsears.com/topics/b...echniques/proper-positioning-and-latch-skills ---maybe it'll help you!

I'm off for a biopsy. Ugh.. NOT looking forward to that big needle. I get super nervous and squirmy just at the thought of getting my blood taken! Oh well... I guess I better put my big girl panties on and get it over with. Got my 39-week prenatal afterwards, so at least looking forward to that. Hopefully I get to hear that LO is finally engaged. He sure has been pushing on my bladder a lot.. I've been running to the bathroom every 30 minutes now!

Mrs thanks for the article. I will try something inread on there. Good luck with your biopsy, I think they will numb you in the area with a small needle that you won't feel much.

just had a read of that article too - that baby being in line and not having to turn its head is really important too from what we were told in the counselling session :thumbup: my mum told me worse thing you can possibly do is just try and plonk it in their mouth no matter what (she bf 8 of us lol) and said the cheek tickle was the most effective thing for her to get the baby to open wide. I know who i'm going to be calling if i can't bf effectively when LO arrives lol xx

DH's 'issue' with the nursery is the 3-d butterflies that I got for wall decor. They are a thick cardboard with a thin plastic layer over to slightly give a 3D-ish look (not really). There are two walls, each with 4 butterflies including them going over the crib area but high enough the babies could never reach them even if they were 3yo and jumping like mad. Anyway, he thinks they will fall down and the babies will eat them and die. Nice, thank honey. So total guilt trip. I cannot leave them they was I placed them but don't know what to do with them now and really like how it looks. Boo. :(

To anyone looking to do their own art.. the butterflu canvas was sooooooo easy.. it's just cut tissue paper and them I podged it down. Simple, cheap and fast.

zb5 - ekk! anytime now! :)

Congrats Youngmommy!

I gotta read up on BFing again myself.. as much as I did it before and I was 'told' by the nurses everything looked good I also know I ended up in severe pain, bleeding into the milk supply and that coupled with no milk coming in I failed so it's not like I got a lot of practice. Speaking of...

Kristin - are you feeding both babies at the same time and if so are you using the MyBrestFriend twin pillow or do you have your own set up you can clue me in to?

I got my presents for DD for when the babies come. I got her the Barbie Charm School movie, a vet play set for playing vet to your stuffed animals (DD insists she is going to be a vet when she grows up, just not sure if she wants to do pets, farm animals or zoo) and a microphone because she likes performing for us and then also picked up some other odds and ends to either bribe her with or give to her when she is being really good and helping a lot of being super tolerant at doctor appointments and crying babies etc.

Nypage, DH and I went to get our flu shots last week. He also got his pertussis booster. The pediatrician recommended that we and anyone who will be spending lots of time with the baby get flu shots and pertussis. DH was sweet, afterwards he posted on facebook that people should get their flu shots if they want to come see the baby! Hehe. I don't think we'll actually turn anyone away if they don't, but hopefully he reminded them that it's a good idea. I never worried about it much before getting pregnant, but I probably should have to protect others like my 89-year-old grandmother who I would go visit... :wacko:

MrsK, good luck with the biopsy! :hugs:

Thanks Shell!! :hugs:

i've got to book on for the flu jab asap too - they do saturday clinic here where we're supposed to go get it done.. would def rather have the jab myself now before LO comes out (especially being asthmatic too) but noone around here really has the jab so i'd have no visitors at all if i asked them not to come if they hadn't been vaccinated! :haha:

Thanks for help ny i'll have a look and see if we can get it or similar over here. I agree about flu shot i had a swine flu one at start of pregnancy and i'll ask about getting normal one on Thursday at midwife apt.
Littlestars- soz but i think he's being daft :grr: i'd keep them up there as sound lovely

Has anyone had a membrane sweep before? has anyones midwife mentioned it?

i had my flu jab on thursday last week xx

Adele ive had a membrane sweep with my 1st pregnancy, infact i had 2 unfortuanlty my cervix wasnt favourable so they didnt work , but if your cervix is ready then they are meant to be very effective xx

Adele2011- I had a membrane sweep with this baby at 37+5. My cervix was soft, 3cm, and 70% effaced. My water broke 9 hours later. My doctor told me if my cervix was favorable( which is was) that it had a high likely-hood of working in the next 24-48 hours.

Hi ladies!!! Sorry I been MIA but I was busy having a baby haha!!

Leo Stuart Arnold arrived 2nd October at 4.27am!! 9 days early!

My waters went with a massive gush at 11.15pm on Saturday night, we were sent over to the hospital to be checked out at around 1am, no contractions so I went home.
Got home and contractions started around 2am, by 2.20 am I was in the bath, I stayed in the bath until around 3.30am as I decided enough was enough. We arrived at the birthing unit at 4am and he arrived at 4.27am!!!

Total Labour from waters breaking was 5 hours 19 mins (or something like that)
Established Labour was approx 1 hour 27 mins

They had to guess as they didnt have time to actually examine how far dialated I was as they were about to but the head was there!
I was pushing for a grand total of 5 mins!!

So yeah I just made it to the birthing unit on time!!

Congrats Melly! Sounds like a nice birth experience...definitely super fast :) You were due the same day as me!

They did numb the area with novocaine before doing the biopsy, so I didn't feel any pain.. but still felt that huge needle going in and pushing through all my tissue... FIVE times! Ugh, not a fun experience, but I survived :D
They also gave me two shots of adrenaline to stop the bleeding, since pregnant breasts apparently bleed lots... so I was super shaky and wound up all morning. It's wearing off now, I think, but still not feeling so great. It definitely got LO, too! He was kicking so hard... haven't felt kicks like that in weeks!

I wouldn't be surprised if the stress of all this will make me go way overdue now... gahh.. would be just my luck!

Anyway, I'll stop talking about this biopsy stuff. Has nothing to do with pregnancy and babies, so it doesn't quite fit in this thread ;)

OH told me this morning that he really wants LO to get here already, because he wants to babysit. Haha.. he'll get tired of that quickly, I'm sure ;)

MELLY - Congrats hun hes adorable from the pics on facebook!! xx And well done you for the quick labour .......send some quick labour vibes my way! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->