October babies due dates and bump colours

Tori is so cute!!!

nypage, my pediatrician said 5 min on one side and offer the other side until he's done. I'm not sure that helped me at all either! lol. I'm not sure I believe it matters and it really hurts to try and get him off my nipple once he's on there so I gave up on that.

MA, I do the same as yt, I look for rooting or sucking motions and offer him a finger or knuckle... if he seems interested then I feed him. Sometimes I try to feed him anyway if he's crying just because it can be an easy way to get him to calm down. :shrug: So far it seems if he's crying it's either hunger, gas, or a dirty diaper. Not much you can do about the gas I think, it's sad to watch him. :(

ZB- omg. I try to get my finger in there to break suction, but sometimes dont do it well and I swear he has a vice grip on my poor nipple and stretches it and flattens it as I pull him off it! Its horrid! Lol.

Mummy- gorgeous pics!

We had our family photos done last weekend and here are a few of them.....I got peed on, pooped on, and puked on that day by my little monster! Was interesting.....

Attachments

• 20111009_466.jpg
    20111009_466.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 10
  • 20111009_614.jpg
    20111009_614.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 20111009_756.jpg
    20111009_756.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 11
  • KianChair.jpg
    KianChair.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Sutter1.jpg
    Sutter1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 9
Wow nyp! your photos are amazing!! :cloud9:

I still cant believe how much hair Kian has...and isnt Ella pretty?

What a lovely family you have there :)

xx

The whole "use your finger to break the suction" thing sounds so easy but it's not! I am usually just letting him decide when to pop off himself now.

NY - nice pics! Your daughter is so cute!

Soz my nets been a pain but i'm back woohoo still no :baby: tho.
Sorry about the feeding issues glad you have each other :hugs: and if i have any i know where to come for advice.
mommy of 3- Congrats on Victoria and well done drowning your Dr :haha: she's v cute and what a poser
Mommys angel- love avatar, Amelia is beautiful
kristen- aww bless Connor and Liam n wow 4weeks has gone quick
littlestars- Congrats on Ashley and Elizabethh looking forward to pics.
Octbebe- was that ur 2nd sweep yesterday? hopefully it worked if not Mon :happydance:
Ny- gorgeous family and pics thanks for sharing.

So i was finally able to get a sweep friday, he's fully engaged and i'm favourable and soft but nothing has happened. I've got another sweep in a hour so hopefully that might do the trick. If not i can have another Mon and another Wed :blush: Then failing that they'll start inducing me Thurs at 42 weeks. I really dont want this as its at hospital i didnt want to go to, i wont be able to have a water birth and it wont be my own room but a ward :cry: So fingers crossed.

Soz my nets been a pain but i'm back woohoo still no :baby: tho.
Sorry about the feeding issues glad you have each other :hugs: and if i have any i know where to come for advice.
mommy of 3- Congrats on Victoria and well done drowning your Dr :haha: she's v cute and what a poser
Mommys angel- love avatar, Amelia is beautiful
kristen- aww bless Connor and Liam n wow 4weeks has gone quick
littlestars- Congrats on Ashley and Elizabethh looking forward to pics.
Octbebe- was that ur 2nd sweep yesterday? hopefully it worked if not Mon :happydance:
Ny- gorgeous family and pics thanks for sharing.

So i was finally able to get a sweep friday, he's fully engaged and i'm favourable and soft but nothing has happened. I've got another sweep in a hour so hopefully that might do the trick. If not i can have another Mon and another Wed :blush: Then failing that they'll start inducing me Thurs at 42 weeks. I really dont want this as its at hospital i didnt want to go to, i wont be able to have a water birth and it wont be my own room but a ward :cry: So fingers crossed.

My fingers are crossed that you go on your own. Keep us updated.

Congrats on being fully engaged and favourable, Adele.
Im pretty sure one of your sweeps will work, and you wont have to be induced.
Good luck, and keep us posted...
xx

nypage1981- Beautiful pictures and beautiful family.

Adele2011- Keeping my fingers crossed one of your sweeps works for you soon.

AFM- Today is my due date. Feels odd saying that since Ali is 15 days old already. Im so happy to have her here rather then in me though.

Hope everyone is doing great.

Waiting patiently Adele! :hugs:

Yours, so glad Ali is with you and doing well.

Just wanted to share that we bought Ava her first pumpkin today and Ali a little one. It was so fun to carve it as a family. Here are a few pics.

Oh and Ali brought up through her nose today. it was quite odd. Very little came out but there was none from her mouth.

Yours - the photos of your girls and their pumpkins are so cute :)
xx

Adele I hope you have luck with one of the sweeps!

Yt verrrrry cute pics. The last one looks pro!

Yours, VERY CUTE! I love the photo's are you taking them??

Love to all you gals. Amelia seems to be taking more milk today by herself. Latching a bit more but STILL Falling asleep at the boob after like 7 minutes. There's NO waking her to retake it...she'll retake it and just sleep with it in her mouth. :lol: Will she eventually start taking the boob longer as she grows and gets used to it?? :shrug

I'm starting to love her more and more. At first I was afraid to touch her..afraid I'd hurt her in some way. I think it was just because of the issue with NICU and her blood sugars and then the Jaundice. The medical staff made me feel as though I was a bad mom. Don't think they meaned to...but after hearing what the "norm" is or at least "their norm", I just started feeling as if I was a bad mom and felt as though maybe I was neglectful or something. Now I'm learning it's normal for the babies to lose weight....I keep hearing "give it AT LEAST 3 months to acclimate yourself".

On a fun note...Doug, Amelia and I went to the church auction today (to benefit the kids ministry) We bought a HUGE box freezer for get this...45.00. :happydance:

It was used, but in excellent condition and I LOVE to store things. I like to have things ready for guests, etc.

Today I also gave heck to our neighbor. After SEVERAL months of asking nicely that she have her umpteen guests park up closer to HER area, today we had to maneuver not once, but TWICE over two cars that were blocking us from leaving or coming back. She's so ignorant! We're asking nicely. WE were there first and we've been nothing but nice trying to ask her to move her many guests...AT LEAST 2 to 4 extra cars on top of her own. So after maneuvering once more around a jeep cherokee with an infant in the pouring rain, I ran to her door and told her we pay rent and I want her to share with her guests they need to park somewhere other than the two spots we park in. I was quite demanding and I'm sure she understood me quite clear, though if she pushes me I'll put her in her place REAL quick. To top it off, the deck we were told would be put in this spring from our lease in 2010 is being put off another year. WE have no emergency exit out the back door and it's a 5 ft drop. Tonight we sent a formal complaint about the two issues. I suspect either it'll all get taken care of OR we'll be moving yet AGAIN. :wacko: I'm thinking it's time we figure out what area we want to reside in and finally buy a home. I'm SICK of renting. :duh:

How is everyone doing?!

Yours- Ava and Ali are adorable :happydance: n agree those pics do look pro
MA- You are definately not a bad mum you are fab :thumbup: glad to hear Amelia is taking more milk. Urgh that parking issue would hack me off i had that at my last house and ending up moving cos of it

Thanks ladies for nice comments. So i had sweep yesterday at hospital and the midwife saw my cyst (which has been there for months previously seen by a nurse,doctor and 2 other midwifes including 1 2days ago) As the hospital i was wanting to go to is midwife led only she decided i should go and see a registrar at another hospital to check it out. So i went and got it seen he did another sweep while he was down there :blush: said i was 2cm dilated and felt babas head and decided that i should have baby there due to cyst case it ruptures etc. Now i understand but surely this could of been mentioned ahile ago. :shrug: So i'm booked in for induction Wed if nothing happens before :coffee:

https://www.babyandbump.com/labour-birth/770012-labour-story.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->