October babies due dates and bump colours

Congrats BabyDeacon. Great birth story.

and

Thank you ladies. i did take the pictures myself. Im always the camera person and almost never in pictures lol.

My birth story!!!!

It all started on Kimi's birthday (1/10)... I woke up with the WORST backache ever but was DETERMINED to get through the day without moaning too much then on Sunday at 4.30am,, I suddenly woke up to a gush of fluid....called my mum downstairs, who told me that it could've been my waters but as I wasn't in pain to go to sleep....

By 5.30am, i started having contractions thick and fast...every 4 minutes lasting 40 seconds or so.... then by 6am, I was throwing up and could barely stand up so Mum phoned the hospital who told her to bring me in....

By now, my contractions were every 2 minutes and I was begging for g&a.... we got to hospital by 6.30am.... took me 15 minutes to get onto labour ward as every 3 steps i ended up having another contraction...got examined and I was 10cm and ready to push!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was terrified but my MW's were brilliant and encouraged me the entire time...there was 4 of them there and then suddenly at 7.30am, my MW with Kimi came in the room and said...Vik, I told you I'm gonna deliver this baby!!! Finally, with 2 big pushes, out came this tiny little fragile baby who was immediatly put straight into my arms, weighing a petite 7lb 6oz!!!

I didn't tear or cut but have a few deep grazes...I done all of my labour on g&a alone and didnt cut... I was chuffed!!! She is just perfect and has slotted in our family just right!!!

310497_2247358376733_1031395101_32436813_827599023_n.jpg

Here's my gorgeous Pippa!!!

xx

Hi ladies!

Adele, Goodness not one but TWO SWEEPS? Seriously?! :shrug: They shoved in another for good measure or something??:lol:

As for the cyst, I agree. This was found awhile ago, it should have been addressed then instead of carting you off to different places just before you actually have the baby. Do you have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome? I have it. With Jackson I had a ton of cysts that came out. I wonder what causes them and why? :shrug:

BabyDeacon, Thank you for sharing your birth story. I too had bp issues but had a c-section because Amelia was breech. I think though it wasn't the way I planned the birth either, I'm glad I had it this way and it wasn't as time consuming and painful as your experience. He's SO worth it though and adorable. Congrats dear!:hugs:

Youngmummy, thank you for sharing the birth story...LOVE the name Pippa! She's adorable. Congrats on your beautiful little girl!:flower:

Amelia breastfed for 24 minutes. :happydance: She looked satisfied for a change, didn't sleep at all on the boob. The Dr. STILL wants us to give her at least an ounce to be sure she's getting what she needs. I hope we're not feeding her too much. She threw up EVERYTHING the other night and Doug and I came to the conclusion we need to cut back on what the Dr.'s specified because she was possibly getting too much for her little belly. I think we're starting to get somewhere though.

How long are all your babies taking to feed at the breast? Someone told me any longer than a half hour and your babies bodies are putting out more energy than they are taking in causing a speedy metabolism. Not sure how true that is. :shrug: She said that's how you know your baby isn't getting enough of the milk supply. There's SO much to learn.:dohh: I thought it would be much easier than it is. It took an infant to show me I know absolutely nothing. :haha:

Adele - sorry to hear about the cyst situation. and I hope you go into labour naturally today or tomorrow, so you dont need to be induced on Weds. Good luck!

Congratulations Baby Deacon! off to read your birth story now....

Congratulations Young Mummy! what a great birth story! and Pippa is beautiful!

MA- glad Amelia is feeding much better at the breast now. You're doing a great job!

Hey Ladies :hi: Hope you are all well
xx

Aww congrats young mummy, Pippa is gorgeous!

39 weeks today, and not even a twinge. Im now certain i'll go overdue, just because it would be so inconvienient! I need to smoke this baby out or something!

Baby Deacon- Congratulations on Ryan James and thanks for sharing he's gorgeous
Young Mummy 18- Congratulations on Pippa, glad you made it in time :thumbup: she's beautiful thanks for sharing
Ma- thanks for making me chuckle about them going in for another sweep :haha: i'm not sure what it is or why they said possibly due to hormones in pregnancy or pressure pushing down they will investigate it after birth. Its about 4x3cm. I haven't been told i have POS?
Fab news about Amelia you're doing great :happydance:
Shelleney- thanks i hope he comes on his own2 but starting to get my head around the fact he's happy chilling and needs a hand out shame as i wanted a water birth but i want my :baby: more.
mrs t- good luck fingers crossed for you he could come anytime.

Got 1 last sweep today :blush: we'll see. Has any1 been induced?

To all the breastfeeding moms, I need help. You would think breast feeding baby #5 I would know what to do. lol.

Tori is now having a hard time latching on. It's a 30 minute fight to get her latched and even then she isn't latched properly. I'm losing my mind. I have enough milk. Actually I have more than enough. What can I do to help with latching?

To all the breastfeeding moms, I need help. You would think breast feeding baby #5 I would know what to do. lol.

Tori is now having a hard time latching on. It's a 30 minute fight to get her latched and even then she isn't latched properly. I'm losing my mind. I have enough milk. Actually I have more than enough. What can I do to help with latching?

The consultants put formula or sugar water on my nipple and put it to her lip. She start sucking properly for a minute. It would take several tries. Amelia just doesn't like my nipples because they introduced the bottle too soon at the hospital. So I'm also using a Medala Breast shield so it will make it easier for her to latch. I'm hoping as she grows, she'll need it less and less. At any rate, if we need it, at least she'll still be getting my breast milk.

Try dabbing a bit of breast milk or formula or sugar water on your nipple and putting some on her lips to get her palate going. Then add your nipple in.

Amelia had a tough time latching on too. It was AWFUL. We're almost 3 weeks into it and while she still has slight "peanut butter tongue" where the tongue goes to the roof of the mouth instead of the bottom, she's finally starting to latch and actually be satisfied by breast milk.

Try not to get too frustrated. :hugs:

Adele good luck with all your sweeps!

Congrats baby deacon and young mummy! Beautiful!

Ma, mine can feed over half hour and want more:( my nipples are ruined and I cry most times he feeds because it hurts so much:(. I've been told after halfnhour get him a bottle.

Mommy of three, mine just will NOT latch how I want him to either. He is on and gets milk, but his latch is just the nipple and it hurts sooooo bad but I can't fix it.

Ayone know what i can do for that?

Adele2011- Really keeping my fingers crossed your sweep works today.

We had Allison's 2 week check today. At 2.5 weeks old she is 8lb 1 oz. She was 7lb 1 oz the day we brought her home so its good to see she has put on a whole pound in 2 weeks. She is doing great and the doctor is very happy with her.

fab news about Allison :happydance:
Yeah sweep no.4 hasn't made him budge :haha: but the midwife did say that she could of easily popped my waters so 2moro when i get induced thats hopefully what they will do. So today i'm going to go for lunch with my mum and then do last minute tidying in house ready for :baby: My last full day with bump that makes me emotional i cant wait. :happydance:
hope all my lovely ladies are ok?

Ooh, good luck for tomorrow Adele! will be thinking of you!
xx

fab news about Allison :happydance:
Yeah sweep no.4 hasn't made him budge :haha: but the midwife did say that she could of easily popped my waters so 2moro when i get induced thats hopefully what they will do. So today i'm going to go for lunch with my mum and then do last minute tidying in house ready for :baby: My last full day with bump that makes me emotional i cant wait. :happydance:
hope all my lovely ladies are ok?

#4 didn't work?? Goodness. Poor thing. :hugs: Well I'm looking forward to hearing about this baby already. Take care Adele and God bless you and baby! So excited for you.:happydance::cry::flower::cloud9:

Good job Allison's growth spurt! Mine was a good one at his 2 weeks also, and for preemie we were all so happy!

Adele- good luck on our next baby arrival!

My baby actually just let me eat some eggs! Thats a huge accomplishment cuz during the day I cannot set him down to cook and eat anything...its always grabbing a snack with one arm holding himn.....

And I wanna scream from teh rooftops...I HATE BREASTFEEDING AND WANT TO RIP MY BOOBS OFF!! hehe

nypage, mine is the same. We got him a lovely swing, bouncer, pack n play, crib, carseat, stroller... he doesn't care for any of them and just wants to be held!

I feel bad for your poor nipples! I'm lucky Silas has a good latch, but I can tell after he's been using the pacifier he's a bit rougher on my nipples. I think he chews on the pacifier with his little gums. :wacko:

Well it took me longer than I thought to catch up but I can honestly say I read all the missed posts.

Such a big huge congratualtions to the girls who have had their little ones. All the pictures are just beautiful and imaginative. I am in love with each and every one of these babies! Not an ugly on in the bunch! :)

I am treading water here in my house. DH has been helping when he can for the mostpart though there were a few times I'm pretty sure he was hibernating in the basement playing video games avoiding the crying babies.

The twins seem in general to like to sleep for 4 hours at a time and since it takes me about an hour per baby to get them fed and settled this is a great relief to me. But they have had a few bouts of cluster feeding where I literally felt like I just had one baby that was always awake and always wanted food.

The breast feeding for me is going.. We've gone from a little boob and mostly formula to mostly boob and a top up with formula. I tend to top them up with 2oz at night for a better nights rest and just 1 oz if I can get away with it during the day. The babies don't seem to have an issue going from boob to bottle but I'm sure they definitely prefer the milk just pouring down their throat when they get the bottle. Too bad! As for pain.. in general Libby is a beter sucker, she can suck in the whole areola and it doesn't hurt but she likes to feed for 15 mins then nap for 15 mins and then go back at it again. Ashley prefers to vigorously go at it for 5 sucks and nap 5 seconds and suck and nap and suck and nap, her level of sucking is seemingly stronger and can slightly feel like a sharp pull on my tender nipples. I'm known to strip them down to a diaper to get them to feed better and also a lot of flicking of the foot and stroking of the head, cheek, chin etc. As for how long I'm feeding them. All the books seem to say that anywhere from 25-45 minutes is normal but that if napping some babies can take up to an hour. So generally at night I expect 25-30 minutes and during the day depending on my back and how badly I need to pee and how loud the other other baby is or isn't crying I'll try for 45 minutes. Exhausting yes.. but the milk supply does seem to be increasing.. just not enough for demand yet.

They did wonderful at their 1st doctors appointment and are headed back again tomorrow to make sure that the weight gain is progressing. Ashley had lost 9.5% before we started to supplement on the 3rd day, Libby 7.7%. I don't think we'll be quite back to birth weight tomorrow but as long as it's going up I'm happy.

Libby is definitely the quieter more content baby so far, Ashley is very loud about wanting attention but she is a big snuggler the second you pick her up. She's just rather fall asleep in my arms I guess. Since I know I'm not having anymore babies I'm kinda a sucker for them.

I totally meant to login here and post some pictures along with finally catching up but it seems it has taken me literally about 4 hours to type this all up because of distractions. So I shall leave it for my goal for tomorrow after going to the doctors office and a little shopping for a maternity bra and a few shirts.

Oh I LOVED to hear about the babies. :hugs: Can't WAIT to see their pics. Your doing SO well. You could give me bf'ing lessons. :rofl:

Glad your doing well dear friend! :hugs:

Sounds like you're doing well Littlestars! That isn't much formula. Do you feed them both at the same time or separately?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->