October babies due dates and bump colours

Silas at 4 days old!

Congrats MrsK, I've been busy too but finally noticed we had our boys on the same day, same weight. It sounds like our labors were really similar too! Mine was 6 hours, when I got to the hospital I was 8 cm so the labor was almost all transition. I'm not sure I know what early or active labor feels like! I agree, fast labors are really rough too. I put my birth story in my journal, warning it is long!

We are having a lot of the same breastfeeding issues you ladies are, he falls asleep on the breast and stays asleep until you put him down, then he wakes up and needs to eat again. I try really hard to keep him awake while he feeds, but the last few feeds of last night I fell asleep myself so he had no chance. :dohh:

I am crying a lot too, it's weird because I don't feel sad really, just overwhelmed and emotional. I'm glad we have this group, it helps to see how common the problems we're having are. Hugs to everyone! :hugs:

To the overdue ladies... friends and family started pestering me way before my due date, so irritating! I'm sure it only gets worse. Hoping your babies come soon. :)

Attachments

• P1050040copy.jpg
    P1050040copy.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 5
I haven't had time to read through all the posts.. but figured I'd give a small update anyway :) My issue with breastfeeding isn't that he wakes up as soon as I put him down.. but that I can't wake him up to feed! He's got jaundice, so he's super sleepy all the time and it sometimes takes me a full 20 minutes of jostling, spraying water in his face, and rubbing his back to make him wake up enough to start nursing. He lost a little bit too much weight, so I was put under strict orders to wake him up every 2 hours to nurse, no matter what.

We've been doing better now.. for the past 24 hours, I've been able to make him nurse 10-30 minutes every 2 hours or less, so he's getting a little more energetic and it isn't so hard to wake him up anymore. Unlike most new moms, I'm actually overjoyed when he wakes up on his own to nurse! lol!

Had a few rough days and was crying lots... hubby had to come rescue Lucas a few times when we were both bawling because we couldn't get the hang of breastfeeding. It's true what everyone says, though... keep at it, because eventually both the baby and you figure it out!

zb5- He is so handsome.

MrsK- Happy to hear little Lucas is feeding better the last 24 hours. I hope it just gets better and better from here on out.

Adele2011 and OctBebe- Fingers crossed for both of you that things get going soon.

I wish I had some advice or something to offer you ladies struggling with breastfeeding. As a second time mom you think I would but I have nothing as I never did it really. I really really hope it gets easier and works out for you all.

Im thankful to have hubby home for another 2 weeks. He helps out lots with Ava. Not so much with Allison but that's how we have worked it out for while he is home. He was never a big fan of the newborn stage. His mom will be here from the 17th to the 21 and then my dad is here from the 27 to the 1 of November.

We also have Ali and Ava's doctor appointment on the 17th. Hoping Ali has started putting on some weight. The way she eats I cant imagine her not having out on weight. After having Ava and everyone telling me Ali was going to be big I didn't buy any newborn stuff because A. Ava never fit it and she was 7lb 12oz and B. all my ultrasounds and the doctor were all saying Ali was going to be even bigger then Ava was. Well of course she ends up being so much smaller then they thought and she is absolutely swimming in all her 0-3 month clothes. Thankfully I saved some of the never worse newborn stuff from when I had Ava. Not much. Only 5-6 new born sleepers but enough to get us through the nest few weeks.

Zb5, He is SO handsome!! LOVE LOVE the pic!!

Yours truly, I did the same. Didn't buy much newborn expecting a large baby, well at only 6 lbs, he swims in newborn still! And I'm slowly buying more newborn stuff but don't hiabe as many as we do in 0-3,3-6 etc. And he poops and pees through everything so each day counts for 2-3 outfit changes, so we sure are getting our money's worth in the newborns! How much did alli weigh?

My little man was 5 lb 14 ounces at his appointment right out of the hospital, but now his 2 week one he was a whopping 6 lbs 9 ounces! Way to go little guy, he is doing better than expected. No wonder m not sleeping ever. He is cluster feeding like crazy all night.

My main breast feeding issue is the pain. Pretty sure he never latched correctly and I can't fix it. Hurts so bad I sweat, and cry and grip something really hard. Doesn't help the post partum blues to be in that much pain.

photo 5.jpg

Victoria Addison born 10/10/11 @ 145pm. 6lbs 11.4oz 19.5 inches long.

Birth Story copy and pasted from journal....

I got to the hospital at 6am. At 7am, I was in my gown and getting my IV. At 720am I was getting the pitocin started and being checked. I was at 5cm at that time. I had done half the work on my own before I got there. I was at low dose of pitocin because I was having contractions all ready. At 10am I got my epidural. At 1245 he was checking me and I was 6cm and while he was checking me my water broke and flooded the bed and the doctor. lol. Exactly one hour later, I was having a lot of pressure and ready to push. She was back to back and after I got her head out it was smooth sailing. 4 pushes total and she was born. Followed by another huge gush of water that soaked the doctor yet again and got all over his brand new shoes. lol. Victoria is my biggest baby. Not by much but her head was the size of an 8lb baby. She weighed 6 lbs 11.4oz and was 19.5 inches long. We came home last night at 10pm and she had her check up this morning and passed with flying colors. We are so happy with her. There is my warning call, time to feed a baby. Enjoy the pics and thank you all for everything. :)

she's beautiful mommyof3 :hugs: so glad you had a nice birth too xx

She is beautiful mommyof3girls. Sounds like you had a very smooth and easy birth too. That's great!

Nypage1981- she wasn't overly small. She was born at 7lb 3oz and was 7lb the day we brought her home. But we were told to expect her to be about 8.5 lb the day she was born so it was a huge difference to what we were expecting.

Congrats new babies! How exciting this is...almost all of our babies are here.

My guy is making momma proud with his weight gain. Is well over his birth weight again at 2 week checkup, even though he lost a scary 9% of body weight by the time we left hospital....so he is doing even better than he is expected to! yay!

Guess my piercingly painful nipples are worth something!

Mommyof3, thanks for posting your birth store I love reading them! Your Victoria is beautiful!! So glad things went smooth and that is funny about you getting 2 Dr.s wet!! HEHE, hope your recovering well!!

Hi ladies.

I think I posted my breastfeeding issues as we've been talking about them. Amelia is now attatching, though with a breast shield. One thing she's doing though is spitting out my nipple and re-attatching. It's NOT a fun situation. Does anyone know why this is happening? :shrug:

ZB your not alone. I've been emotional and crying too. Praise God Doug let me sleep in a bit. I've just been out of sorts.

We had a photo shoot yesterday (she's 11 days old) and the pics came out adorable. My avatar is one of the pics. I'll share more as they come.

MA- Kian does that too.....just at the beginning though. I think he does it to start the flow......do yo uthink thats it? Very cute picture!

nypage, your poor nipples! Can you try pumping and giving him a bottle instead to give your nipples a break?

i am soooo afraid that too many bottles will make him reject the breastfeeding.....valid worry?

Congratulations Ladies, Beautiful Babies arriving.........we're still waiting on our late arrival, really hoping I'm not induced again.

congrats mommyof3girls!! She is beautiful :D

Just wanted to share some pics of my boys...they are 4 weeks today :D

Connor:
https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Kristin070404/2011-10-12_11-18-34_934.jpg
Liam:
https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Kristin070404/2011-10-12_11-18-45_860.jpg

The boys are adorable Kristen. :happydance:

NYPage, I'm not sure. I think it has something to do with the frustration. She has peanut butter tongue. Her tongue goes upward and it takes her time to bring her tongue down to suck. Makes for frustration for her AND I as she keeps spitting the nipple out and I never know if she's fed well or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->