October babies due dates and bump colours

Hi Ladies!!
Horsey, hope you meet your lil one soon!! Thinking labor thoughts for you!! ::winkwink:

NY, Yes that is a legitimate concern about using bottles and baby not latching on if baby gets used to the bottles.

MA, Noah lets go sometimes of my nipple at times I think sometimes he gets frustrated if he is not getting enough milk fast enough, and sometimes I think he is going for a better hold. Not sure why officially those have just been my guesses.

Kristin, They boys are looking great!! What are their weights now do you know?!

thanks! They have definetly gained but I dont know how much...cant find my scale lol but they have their 1 month checkup monday so ill.find out then :D

kristin cute boys! They nursing ok? Seems you are the only one NOt having issues with it and you have 2! Lol.

Yea, I searched all of baby's r us for something interesting that would make my nipples NOT hurt, and cnothing. Think its something wrong if they still hurt 2 weeks later or do some of yours still hurt too?

Wow.. I have so much to catch up on.. I'm sure a few of your ladies have gone and had your babies and I don't even know! Anyway, life is crazy insane and hectic to say the least. This is literally the first time on the internet since the night before the c-section.

I am proud to announce that our little girls were born on Friday, October 7th as planned though a little late. Twin #1 was born at 11:59am and her name is Ashley Alexandra, weighing in at 6.10 lbs and Twin #2 was born at 12:01pm and her name is Elizabeth ?????? (we're still working on the middle name but hoping to have a chance to figure it out this week when DH and I actually have a moment). Her weight was 7.10lbs.

The c-section was mostly uneventful, I did end up having to have both a spinal and an epidural though and I got really nauseous from it all. I had the bad shakes during the surgery and that really sucked but was able to attempt breast feeding in the recovery room. I scored a private room right from the recovery room so I was super happy about that. I stayed in hospital just slightly short of the 72 hours but was eager to go hom on Monday and get me some Thanksgiving turkey.

We did have some issues with Ashley and Libby losing too much weight, Ashley losing the most so we were asked to supplement since my milk wasn't coming in yet. I've rented a hospital grade Medela pump for the month. My routine for every feeding is to try getting the babies to feed on the breast, then supplement with formula and then pump what I can. You can imagine how long this process takes me. Forever! But it seems like slowly the milk situation is getting better, I'm hoping to exclusively BFing by the two week mark. In the meantime my DD is being really patient with me and pretty helpful. I am completely sleep deprived but as long as I remember to take my pain meds the only real complaint I have is that my back is literally so freaking painful I want to cry. I don't understand why the pain meds don't help my back. Weird.

I was really lucky and scored a pediatrician for the girls this week and they are going in tomorrow to make sure their weight is coming back up. Also getting out my staples out so another busy day but I'm happy to get to leave the house at least. I'll attempt to get some time online tomorrow to catch up on all my reading up on you ladies and of course post some pictures!!!

kristin cute boys! They nursing ok? Seems you are the only one NOt having issues with it and you have 2! Lol.

Yea, I searched all of baby's r us for something interesting that would make my nipples NOT hurt, and cnothing. Think its something wrong if they still hurt 2 weeks later or do some of yours still hurt too?

Thanks!

It seems that my milk supply has increased since i've been taking Fenugreek supplements and drinking a tea called Mothers Milk, but i'm still having to supplement a few ounces here and there. Luckily there hasnt been an issue going back and forth between bottle and breast :)

Congrats Littlestars! They were very good weights. I got the shakes and nausea from the spinal too, no fun! They had to wrap me in warm blankets and give me something to calm me down..lol

Good luck with the BF, I hope your milk comes in fast and you are able to do it with no problems :D

YAY, LittleStars!! So happy that everything went well for you and your girls! Hope your recovery continues to go well! Can't wait to see pics!! CONGRATS!!

Aside from Lanolin, what about the nipple shield I'm wearing. It's a last resort, but it has helped women with pain. You can find it in the Medala section at BRU.

Wow.. I have so much to catch up on.. I'm sure a few of your ladies have gone and had your babies and I don't even know! Anyway, life is crazy insane and hectic to say the least. This is literally the first time on the internet since the night before the c-section.

I am proud to announce that our little girls were born on Friday, October 7th as planned though a little late. Twin #1 was born at 11:59am and her name is Ashley Alexandra, weighing in at 6.10 lbs and Twin #2 was born at 12:01pm and her name is Elizabeth ?????? (we're still working on the middle name but hoping to have a chance to figure it out this week when DH and I actually have a moment). Her weight was 7.10lbs.

The c-section was mostly uneventful, I did end up having to have both a spinal and an epidural though and I got really nauseous from it all. I had the bad shakes during the surgery and that really sucked but was able to attempt breast feeding in the recovery room. I scored a private room right from the recovery room so I was super happy about that. I stayed in hospital just slightly short of the 72 hours but was eager to go hom on Monday and get me some Thanksgiving turkey.

We did have some issues with Ashley and Libby losing too much weight, Ashley losing the most so we were asked to supplement since my milk wasn't coming in yet. I've rented a hospital grade Medela pump for the month. My routine for every feeding is to try getting the babies to feed on the breast, then supplement with formula and then pump what I can. You can imagine how long this process takes me. Forever! But it seems like slowly the milk situation is getting better, I'm hoping to exclusively BFing by the two week mark. In the meantime my DD is being really patient with me and pretty helpful. I am completely sleep deprived but as long as I remember to take my pain meds the only real complaint I have is that my back is literally so freaking painful I want to cry. I don't understand why the pain meds don't help my back. Weird.

I was really lucky and scored a pediatrician for the girls this week and they are going in tomorrow to make sure their weight is coming back up. Also getting out my staples out so another busy day but I'm happy to get to leave the house at least. I'll attempt to get some time online tomorrow to catch up on all my reading up on you ladies and of course post some pictures!!!

I've been waiting patiently!:hugs::kiss::flower: Congrats on the girls.:cloud9:

Looks like you and I are in the same boat with bf'ing. The bf'ing, pumping and supplementing have been an emotional rollercoaster for me and are time consuming. I can't imagine what it would be like with twins. I'm grateful you have your daughter and husband that are able to help you out. That will give you some kind of room to gather yourself if only for a moment. Can't wait to see pics of the cuties!

Sorry I didn't see that last question. mine still get a little sore on days when they want to nurse constantly answer I use the lanolin too like MA said...I haven't tried anything else though

Induction on Monday :D Sweep tomorrow. So I will have my little man in 4days or less :)

Congratulations, Mommy on the birth of Victoria Addison. She is absolutely beautiful, and what a great birth story!

Congratulations on the birth of Ashley Alexandra and Elizabeth ???, Littlestars!! Cant wait for you to upload some pics of the girls!

Kristen - wow, Liam and Connor are really growing up! aren't the handsome boys?!

MA - i absolutely adore your avatar pic! Cant wait to see some more....

Hi to all the other Mummies/Mommies and Mums/Moms-to-be :hi:

xx

Congrats Littlestars and Mommy!!

We supplemented w formula a little too. Basically he started to get hungry on day 3 but my milk didn't come in until day 4. He was screaming and we didn't know what else to do. Now we are doing breast only but I still wonder if he's getting enough because he wants to eat every hour instead of every 2-3 hours. Very tiring! He had gained 3 oz since his discharge weight, but had 3 big poops right after being weighed so I'm not sure I believe he gained anything. :haha: I'm lucky his latch is okay and I'm not in pain (a little sore sometimes), but it's still really stressful breastfeeding...

Zb- sounds like cluster feeding. Thats the natural way they feed during their growth spurts at the beginning and it signals your boobs to produce enough milk. Its totally normal, and actually wanted, but yes, a pain and very time consuming. No wonder most breast feeding women feel like cows. i am nicknamed by my husband "the Dairy Queen"...my little one loves the dairy queen!

Zb- sounds like cluster feeding. Thats the natural way they feed during their growth spurts at the beginning and it signals your boobs to produce enough milk. Its totally normal, and actually wanted, but yes, a pain and very time consuming. No wonder most breast feeding women feel like cows. i am nicknamed by my husband "the Dairy Queen"...my little one loves the dairy queen!

Oh gosh...I'm wondering if Amelia is doing this and I'm clueless. :wacko: :shrug: I was just going to ask how to vamp up my milk production because it seems to be staying steady. I feed her, she feeds for 15 minutes on one side and I pump both sides shortly after she's done. I have no idea to know when she wants my boob. She cries a lot sometimes and I keep wondering if she needs more milk but I have no idea. Do I try to feed her everytime she cries? Will I be feeding her too much? I've been feeding her every 3 hours as the Dr.'s said.....with exception to 4 hours in the overnight hours. I feel like such a crappy mom!:cry:

She was up all night with gas issues. We gave her gripe water 3 times over the night and it finally worked. She hasn't pooped since the other day and keeps crying when she farts. I'm beside myself at times to know how to help her my poor little darlin.

Mommy's Angel- I wont be any help in the feeding department probably. The only way I ever know Ali is hungry is by watching for hunger cues like crying and rooting. Rooting is the big one for Ali. When she starts looking for nipple(bottle in our case) with an open mouth ill put my knuckle to her mouth to see if she sucks on it and when she does I know shes hungry. worked with my first too.

Also Ava had really bad gas and constipation problems as a newborn. We tried gripe water but it actually caused her to be more constipated. It did help with the gas though fir a bit. I found cycling her legs after a feed and burping often during feeds helped alot.

Hopefully some of that will help a little. Dont feel like a bad mom. Its scary doing everything for the first time. Even for the second time. I still feel like I'm second guessing everything sometimes. Trust your instincts.

Kristen- They look great! 4 weeks already! Boy time is flying.

Littlestars - Yay! So happy to hear from you. Sounds like things went very well and they were/are great weights.

OctBebe - Good luck with your sweep. Hopefully it will work. If not good luck with your induction on monday!

AFM- Not much really going on here. Its been surprisingly easy so far. im sure once hubby goes back to work and im up all night then up with Ava and Ali all day things will fall apart for a bit but for now im just enjoying the calm before the storm. Ali will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. Time is flying. She has her check up on Monday. Looking forward to that. I am having a very hard time coming to terms with the fact that Ali is my last baby though. That is what has been hardest for me. I just feel to young ( im only 22) to be done but hubby is 100% sure he doesnt want more and we really cant afford more. I am very happy with my two beautiful girls though.

Thank you all for the congrats.

Congrats on all the new babies.

We are breastfeeding also. My milk finally came in today and tori has only had one bottle of formula today and the rest have been boob/ expressed milk. With the last feed I had problems getting her to latch but once she was on, she was fine. I'm also pumping after each feed. I forgot how tiring it is to breastfeed.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Oh and here is a few pics that I took of Tori today.

Tori's first pictures 020.jpg

Tori's first pictures 033.jpg

Tori's first pictures 073 copy.jpg

Tori's first pictures 072.jpg

Tori's first pictures 133.jpg

Ma, you are not cappy! To even put up with breast feeding is a feat. I guess as they cluster feed we are supposed to feed on demand. So if they want it, feed. Then our bodies will keep ip in production. Babies are supposed to slow down again and sleep a few more hours in between feedings as they are getting enough. Pumping every 2 hours should keep production up, otherwise taking something for it. Here's what my pediatrician says. Feed hi,on one boob for 15-20 minutes. Then switch to other side for 5-10 minutes. If he still hungry, feed a bottle of .5-1ounce of breast milk and see how long he sleeps til next feeding. If less than 2-3 hours, feed more ounces in the bottle, if sleeps 6 hours, back off the food at the end cuz it's too much. Doing it this way makes it so he isn't just comfort sucking ruining my nipples. Which he is. They hurt so bad. Hope that helps I'm not sure if itnreally helped me. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->