October babies due dates and bump colours

Lys! We have that outfit too. So cute! I have lots of Halloween pics in my journal, the monster wasn't his costume, he was a pumpkin 50 times too big. Lol. But he wore the monster a few times. I love it.

Little, my sister is dealing w colic, she says no point in trying, nothing helps. So she just is hoping it passes soon. Good luck !

Lys - Yeah, isn't it like $800-1000 without insurance? Yikes. I will only have to pay 20%, I checked before my appt. Lucky you only having to pay co-pay! Let me know how it goes!

Beautiful name Littlestars!

I know I was shocked about how expensive it is!! I will let you know how it goes!! :D

NY, LOVE your Halloween pics! That pumpkin is hysterical and SO cute!!

thanks for looking hun! not sure Kian loved Halloween this year. LOL. I love seeing when babies on here have an outfit we do too...like from Target or Carters or something. Its funny. Noah is GOrgeous!

MA - colic isn't caused by gas or acid reflux or anything else.. it just 'is'. There are a lot of products out there that suggest they can help with colic but everything I tried last time with DD1 didn't help and it was a waste of $$. Boo! The good news is that it peaks at 6 weeks and should be over by 3 months.. nearly 4 weeks down.. just another 8 to go! FX it ends early.

My DD1 is sick today. I honestly wasn't surprices when she came into my room early this morning telling me she was a feeling like she was going to barf. I let her eat whatever candy she wanted yesterday as per my DH's wishes (he thought I was being mean suggesting she only have 4 candies a day). DD1 pigged right out! lol She was covered in chocolate. I was so amazed she actually ate her dinner last night. Anyway, she is in my bed sleeping right now and thankfully NOT throwing up.

I had no idea Mirena was so expensive!

Nypage - holy hair on Kian in your profile picture!! Wow!

You ladies will have to let me know how the Mirena works out!

Silas may be a bit colicky as well. I'm resisting labeling him colicky as "colic" doesn't seem to mean much. But he gets very fussy sometimes, arches his back, seems gassy... but I'm not sure if it's really gas? Anyway... not sure what to do about it except try to make him feel better when I can!

LittleStars, my friend with twins said she refused to feed them separately, only at the same time to save time. I think her DH helped her a lot because he was working at home so available to be an extra hand. My other friend is weaning early and decided to do half breastmilk and half formula, as apparently that has almost as much benefit as full on breastmilk...

Okay, off for a walk with my mom!

Well I'm pumping only today and rather dismayed at how little milk I'm getting per session. No wonder my poor little girls need a supplement. I know the pump doesn't work as well as their mouths but if it's any indicator I'm not doing too well. Boo. I'm pumping today since Ashley just hurts my nipples so much. They are so tender from her but she can't help it. Her mouth is so tiny in comparison to her sister but she is doing the best latch she can. Anyway, I bought some 'tender care hydrogel pads' from Medela for sore nipples and and hoping it'll help. Tomorrow I'll go back to breastfeeding except for my excusion out shopping. I'm finally going to buy the twin stroller I want. The girls have been cramped up in the single pram attachment for my old stroller and the girls have an awful habit of punching each other.

And speaking of hair on babies... I was giving the girls their bath today and when I washed Ashley's hair a whole lot of it came out. She's going bald but in a monk sort of way. She looks kinda funny now and I feel bad. I don't remember my DD1 losing her hair like that all of a sudden but then again she had blonde hair and it wouldn't have shown up in the water. I know I never brushed DD1's hair with a hairbrush while shampooing but it was suggested by the nurse in the hospital to help with cradle cap which DD1 definitely had a problem with so I am still doing it.. I thought maybe that was the issue with all the hair coming out but Libby didn't lose her hair when I did the same. I hope nothing is wrong.

i love the pics of all your monsters :happydance: (yourstruly-ava looks so happy and ali is cute, kristen-bless their beautiful twisty faces :) , lys-noah looks so chilled and that he loves his outfit. nypage-your pics are lovely and i agree bout him coming into the world its amazing)
MA- i dont know what to say apart from i'm thinking of you, your cousin and her baby

right so i can join in on breastfeeding problems now aargh its so difficult! Basically when i was in hospital i was given alot of help and advice (alot of it conflicting which confused me)with latching etc (it was still v hard) but with me so tired and not feeling great i gave him a few top ups and was told i needed to make up my mind about how i wanted to feed him so i chose bottle. I was told to leave my breasts alone and my milk wouldn't come in so i did that. When i got home and started feeling better i started to feel guilty about giving him bottle especially as when i gave him bottle he was sick, i would leak and he would bob. So a breastfeeding lady came round to mine and said i should put him on before every feed and top up with formula if need be (he gets frustrated and is still hungry after) and then i should pump between each feed to try and increase milk supply and she would get me a perscription for a hormone tablet to get my milk in. Any help, ideas?

Adele thank you for checking out the pictures! I would check on your parenting j0urnal if you had one also! :)
I agree with the conflicting advice about the feedings. I felt very frustrated that someone would suggest opposite of another. For me, to up my supply, I stayed home and nursed him on demand for days. I also pumped if I felt he didn't empty them, or if he napped and I was full. At night we did give him a bottle some times when I just didn't want to nurse anymore. Drink tons of water, eat oatmeal, and take the hormone tablet. If he is still hungry, put him back on teh boob because I am told they dont run out of milk and he will be better at getting the milk out than a pump will.....Also, I am 5 weeks and just thinking I have enough milk now, so it does take time. I wouldnt give formula, that will just mess up your supply more. At least this is all what im told. At the beginning it seemed I needed forumla also, but we just suffered through it and didnt do it and now seems I am ok on milk production. Knock on wood. It seems to change daily!

Little- that sounds a bit odd with the hair loss in such an obvious chunk. Never noticed this with either of my kids, maybe google it to see if can be normal? I thought it to be more gradual...

I put up a funny video of Kian grunting away on my journal if anyone wants to see. Its kinda funny and I'll definintely embarrass him with it some day. Lol.

Hope everyone is doing good!

Fenugreek and milk thistle have helped me a great deal. I'm finally getting about 5 ounces extra pumped a day. I'm not sure how it will effect everything with the hormone pills too though so check with you Dr.

Im pretty stoked im 2kg from my pre pregnancy weight, maybe its the BFing?

Does anyone know how long before you can try to conceive again after having a c-section? If I remember correctly, I think you have to let your incision heal completely. How long does that usually take? For instance, I'm almost at 6 wks but the sutures are still there...they are the kind that vanish ....most are gone, but some are still there. I would assume if I "were" to try to get pregnant now they would open wide since we just had Amelia in Sept. For obvious reasons we're waiting a year before we try again but I'm not on any form of birth control because it took us 10 years.

I'm just wondering if in the likelihood I get pregnant on accident BEFORE a year if it would be dangerous having had a c-section in September?!

I know some of you have had them before so I thought I'd ask. :winkwink:

Im not too sure...I was told not to have any more children and if I decide to go against their advice not to even think about it for 1-1 1/2 year.....But yes, I think no matter what, for a c section you should be careful to not conceive for a year just so it is all healed nicely and has time to ensure that!!!

MA - took me nearly 5 years TTC#2 (and3!) so wasn't an issue and I don't plan on having anymore so Dr. never mentioned how long tp wait. sorry! How come you got disolving stitches? I got staples and they were out before a week.. last time they were out after 3 days.

I figure one can of powder formula, generic brand with Omegas 3&6 costs give or take $20, with 80 oz of prepared formula possible.. would last me LESS than 2 days in a month from now if I can't BF the twins. That's $300 plus tax a month minimum. Mon dieu! I really need to see if that prescription for upping milk supply that I know is available in the USA is something I can get in Canada!

On the bright side... I finally got my twin stroller yesterday. Yay. My mom came with and bought Sleep Sheep OnTheGo for the girls and it's awesome. She also bought a colic massage pad for Ashley but I'm not convinced that it works and will most likely return it. I also finally bought the pram suits for the winter. Now if I could find a winter jacket for myself that would be great. It's getting cold here :(

OctBebe - great job on getting to prepregnancy weight, you'll be there in no time!

I'm down 50 lbs myself.. sounds impressive but I have a lot more to go. Doh! My bad but I did eat bad so time to make up for it. I'm looking forward to getting the go ahead from the doctor to incorporate exercise into my day. Especially since I now have a twin stroller for long walks. That being said.. I'm going out for dinner tonight. Should be interesting, wonder if the girls will cooperate?

Mine are disolving stitches too! I liked it way better than my first one being staples.

Hi Ladies!
I had my IUD, Mirena, put in today. Virtually a piece of cake, not too bad at all. Hope everyone is having a good day!!

Littlestars, not quite sure why I got the dissolving stitches over staples. :shrug:

I was told its doctors preference of what they use for stitches.

Lys, good for you being responsible! Lol.

nypage - seems like a fair reason. I had the doctor let me keep my staples in for a few extra days. They were puling on day6 from the healing and I was happy to get them out. Apparently there were 29 staples!

I never made it to the restaurant. Colic reared its ugly head early last night and so DH ended up picking up McDonalds. I felt so sick from eating I barfed. I will definitely be avoiding McD's from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->