October babies due dates and bump colours

MA no way not 80oz haha, 80ml which is only around 2.5 oz

It's funny how quiet it gets on bnb now that most of my ladies have had their babies. Everyone is off changing diapers and sneaking in naps I suppose lol.

Hi ladies catch up time first-
Octbebebe-Congrats on Eli v cute
Shelleney- Congrats on Freya lovely name and she's gorgeous. I was helped to co sleep in hospital and previously advised about benefits by a midwife prior to this i'd always been advised it was wrong.
Phantom- what kind of tear did you have? is it still healing? I had the implant and made me spot and bleed continuously so didnt agree with me. Aww the pics of Cody :happydance: thanks for sharing
Nypage- I'll stay on this thread until 31st oct then i think we should vacate elsewhere
Mummy2Tyler- hope you've had :baby: mine was 15 days late and was awful
Katerdid- aww he's lush
zb5- contraception hmm i had implant and it didnt agree with me, couldnt be bothered to use condoms, i was on depo injection before came off to get preg but i'm swaying towards pill of some sort? as it wouldnt take awile to come out of system if wanted another :baby:
littlestars- congrats on being an aunt i was told they dont cut anymore but obv not, my :baby: head was 36.8 cm and they said it was broad! ha
yourstruly- i've been v tempted to look at stitches but scared of what i might see
i was given vitamin k (in dropper form) to give to him if i was breast feeding

hey i'm back :thumbup: :baby:
I'm a mum finally (15days late) :happydance: Travis Len Chantler 9lb 9, 22inches Friday 21st Oct.
I'll do birth story n pics 2moro catching up on here took awhile and missed you

adele- congrats!!! Also.. I had a 3rd degree tear. They gave me three layers of stitches a deeper one, a middle one, and then a surface one. all stretched right to the bum-hole. Thanks, I love the pics so much, can't wait til I get them.

Congrats adele!

I had a 2nd degree tear. I asked how many stitches and she said it was a "running stitch" so they don't count a number of stitches. i was afraid to look but i did look about 1 week later and it looked surprisingly normal. so don't be too afraid!

Adele, CONGRATS! Can't wait to hear everything and see pics! Hope your recovering well!

Katerdid, I was thinking the same thing that it is quieter around here since (almost) everyone has had there lil ones!!

On the tear note I also had a second degree tear, also told it was a continuous stitch so didn't tell me how many but it was rather long!!

Congrats Adele!

I was lucky and only had a 1st degree tear which they said they stitched up like a figure eight? Idk, I wasn't brave enough to look at my bits until almost 2 weeks later lol.

Congratulations Adele! :yipee:

Cant wait to read your birth story and see pics of little Travis!

xx

I didnt have a perineal tear at all (what does that say about me....? :wacko: )
But i did have lacerations on both labia. they offered me to let them heal naturally, or to stitch them. They said it would look neater if they stitched them. lol. i decided to go ahead with the stitches, as i didnt want freaky looking labia! :haha:
xx

Sorry for mega long post :coffee:
Birth story- So i went in to be induced Wed 19th at 2.30 they said they couldnt break my waters as cervix wasnt ripe (like some fruit haha) and as it was late in day they couldn't do hormone tablet so after hours of monitoring and another sweep! i went home. So i was due in next day at 8am but they were too busy so delayed it until 2pm (so bit confused why couldn't do it wed). I went in got tablet and was told if nothing had happened by 8.30 she would break my waters but the midwife finished her shift and at 9 another started and said they were too busy and couldnt do it until the morning :growlmad: got sweep no 6! haha. I was furious, my mum and boyfriend left and i was given a sleeping tablet. My friend texted saying it would be funny if i waters broke! I then started feeling really ill midwife came to examine me and my waters broke (within 15 of my friend saying that ha) and i was still only 2cm so rang mum and boyf who'd just got home and told them to come back.

They got back bout 1 am and i'd discovered gas n air :cloud9: but :sick: next part is bit blurry due to gas n air haha i got an injection for pain relief and was told he was face to pubis the midwife went on a break bout 3.30 am and was gone over an hour and 3/4 i was begging for pain relief but wudnt give me anymore. When i was next examined was 9cm and 2 late for any more pain relief. Born 7.44am 21st oct 9lb 9. Went to theatre for 3rd degree tear. Stayed in hospital for a night then went to another nearer home for post natal care discharged 26th oct.

Thanks for sharing bout tears and shelleney u made me chuckle.

Congrats Adele2011.

On the tear topic with my first i had about 40 internal and external stitches for a 3rd degree episiotomy and this time I had 3 stitches for a 1st degree episiotomy. The only reason I got an episiotomy both times was my pushing stage went very fast( first time 20 mins second time 4 mins) and I didnt have time to stretch down there. The doctor said without the episiotomy I would have torn worse. Healing was hell last time but this time was super super easy.

Just wanted to share this. Here are my babies in their Halloween costumes

So cute! I got pics of my little guy, just need to put them on the PC

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back