October babies due dates and bump colours

Here are my boys..they were not too happy about having pictures taken..lol I cant believe they will be 7 weeks old on wednesday!

https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Kristin070404/2011-10-29_12-18-42_500.jpg

For anyone that has baby blues my dr recommended a book called The Second Nine Months. Its a book about how its ok to feel how we do when we have the blues. I havent started reading it yet (its being shipped to me) but I got it used on amazon for a couple bucks. Thought I would pass this along :D

Cute Kristin! Thanks for the book recommendation too. I am feeling pretty good these days, not so much random hormonal crying like the first week, but it's still a huge adjustment to becoming a mom.

In other news... today I pumped 4 oz from the left side! I only stopped because I was afraid of overflowing the bottle, not because I was done. :shock: I had mostly been getting about 1 oz per side. I think I have been favoring the right side because it's a little sore and I'm afraid of getting a clogged milk duct. So the left was getting really full, I pumped it, and WOW!

Exclusively "power pumping" SEEMS to be working a bit for me. My supply is up a BIT from yesterday. Definitely not ready to throw out the stash of formula (just in case) but have noticed i'm getting an itty bit more per pump then i was yesterday. and it's only my second day. on the other hand, my nipples feel like they might fall off at next pump session. LOL

yea, I had to pump soon after just pumping tonight...Kian was sleeping through eating and he isnt' starving so I let him! Plus, allowed me to hand out candy and watch some Ghost Hunters. Woo woo. Love halloween!

I have some neat pics in my journal if anyone wants to go have a lookie!

Yourstruly!~ Soooo cute:) did they have good trick or treating?

Hi ladies.

I'm a bit bummed today. My sweet cousin in her twenties gave birth to her first child a daughter, last night. I was frustrated because she was in labor over 24 hours and the Dr. had her pushing for more than 5 hrs. He was confused and said he was thinking of what to do, he took the vaccuum and used it so hard on her head that the vaccuum popped off her head. She ingested maconium in the hours my cousin was trying to push and they decided to flush the cervix to try to get the maconium out. Needless to say, the baby came out and my aunt said she kept my cousin from seeing as they were working on her. She didn't come out crying. In fact, my aunt said it seemed like 10 minutes before the baby started to cry. They whisked her daughter away without letting her see her or even hold her. They put her on IV and rushed her to the hospital I had my daughter in NICU.

Today I found out that because of the negligence, the baby is on lead lines for brain Hemmorage and is seizing every few minutes. She also has some blood issues I'm assuming is because of the maconium. The baby will be in there for a month NICU said.

My cousin is beyond herself in tears. She and her husband are in their twenties so they are young.

The thing that pisses me off the most is my cousin is in NO SHAPE to have been released. They released her so she could be with her baby when they should have rushed them BOTH to the hospital together. She was cute from one side to the other...A HUGE Apesiotomy and having been in labor that long, it was traumatic and should have been an emergency c-section ESPECIALLY after the Epi stopped working after two hours of pushing. CRAZY is all I have to say.

They could use your prayers. The baby is beautiful and looks just like my cousin BUT, we're concerned about the effects of oxygen to the brain could have done to the baby and worried about the seizures and the fact that she stops breathing during them.

This was a very healthy baby and mommy. In fact, it was what "should" have been a normal delivery until the hospital staff got their hands on her. We were really excited to be pregnant together. I expected a healthy baby for her and having been through a traumatic hospital experience with a horrifying outcome, I pray this little girl will make it and be okay. She's 6lbs 10 ounces. A beautiful little girl otherwise. I'm just SO ANGRY right now!

MA--- soooo sorry to hear about this. Will keep them both in my prayers. I think your cousin should contemplate some sort of action against the hospital. I'm not usually very sue-happy but in this case I say for sure.

MA--- soooo sorry to hear about this. Will keep them both in my prayers. I think your cousin should contemplate some sort of action against the hospital. I'm not usually very sue-happy but in this case I say for sure.

We had the opportunity to sue as well with our experience from the loss of our son and didn't. We chose to meet with the hospital CEO and board of directors to change the policy.

THIS is different and your right....I believe she should take action. Her mom and I are going to encourage her to do so. The baby will be in the hospital for at least a month and given she's having seizures from the brain trauma from what the Dr. caused....someone has to pay for the cost. She can't cover the cost of this mess and if there's actual damage with her daughters development someone should pay. Of course I'm praying they get the hemmorage under control and Doug said that MAY be causing the seizures. So hopefully that will stop, nobody will know for sure until she's a bit older if this caused developmental issues though. My heart just goes out to them. Having been through my own issues with our son and negligence with medical staff I do not wish her to go through this heart break. I'm praying for victory that the baby gets through okay though. There's ALWAYS HOPE. I truly believe in the power of prayer!

That's terrible MA! I wish the best for the little girl and your family. :hugs:

Omg MA, that's heartbreaking...I cant believe that. Poor family!

MA im sorry for such a bad outcome to your cousin's birth...i hoe baby makes it out ok and thrives from here on.

https://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm36/alyssaedelen/noah2.jpg

https://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm36/alyssaedelen/noah1.jpg

Here is my lil Noah in his Halloween outfit!! He was 6 weeks yesterday and I had my 6 week PP Dr.s appt this morning! :happydance:

Ma, Hoping for the best w/ your cousin and her daughter!!

YT and Kristin, LOVE the Halloween pics!!

Awwwwwe! Lys he is soo cute!!!!!
How was your 6 week PP visit? I had mine this afternoon as well. I've decided on the Mirena - I get it in on the 17th (totally doping up on Percocet before I go in, I hear it can be painful).

5hours pushing, the poor thing!
I pushed 4 time in 10minute intervals then they forceped him out asap. I'm sorry your cousin is going through that :(

MA - I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin's birth. Hope all will be well, please keep us posted!

Congrats Adele!!!!

And I love the Halloween pictures!

I have been so busy just surviving my days recently. the babies are getting really off schedule with each other and I spend my days feeding and feeding and feeding. I'm still supplementing since apparently no matter how many supplements *I* take of Fenugreek and Milk Thistle and Blessed Thistle I am just not making enough milk. At last week's doctor's appointment the babies weighed in at 7.1lbs for Ashley and 7.4oz for Libby. I doubt that I will last BFing much longer realistically. It just takes too much time but I'm hoping to go a few more weeks at it. I've talked to other twin mommies and they all seem to agree that there is more to life than spending your days BFing. At the same time I would like to at least continue until we start getting the extra money/month from the government for having children to 'pay' for the formula. Sicne that has been held up from DH and I being very slow to pick a middle name for Elizabeth it'll be a while now. That being said we FINALLY picked a middle name.. Libby is officially Elizabeth Autumn. Yay!

3 hours later....

geez.. I was going to upload photos finally but seems I got a little distracted. I'll try again tomorrow! lol

Oh.. forgot to ask.. anyone else dealing with colic? Seems Ashley is the colicky one.. thankfully Libby is a peach and it isn't both of them. I feel guilty though giving Ashley so much attention and Libby is just sitting/laying there staring out at the world contently.

Littlestars, is it possible to pump? If you can pump your breast milk and mix it with your formula that may help.

We're using Dr. Bobs bottles for colic and they are AWESOME!! They have a special insert to slow down the flow for the babies and keep air out. Also Similac has a special formula for colic. We've found that they tend to be behind the service desks but maybe they'll be with the others in Canadian stores. :winkwink:

Katerdid, I am going with Mirena as well and will be getting it put in this Fri. Ive heard the insertion can be painful as well. I also didn't realize how expensive it can be so I checked today and all I pay is my copay! So I'm stoked on that!
Little, I LOVE Elizabeth Autumm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->