October babies due dates and bump colours

Big babies :) Eli is 12lb 4oz @ 5weeks hes a solid baby.

My boys are 10lb8oz each at 2 months lol. But they were only 6lb and 6lb10oz to begin with

I hope Amelia is gaining. This makes me nervous. I know she's eating and I know she gained back her weight a few weeks ago but it makes me nervous that she will have either lost or won't have gained what she needed to. Sounds silly but after the whole weight issue in the beginning, it all makes me uptight.

I can relate to that MA. Although Alana only lost 7oz she has only gained back 1oz in 11 days and should ideally be gaining 10z a day apparently so she is still 6oz short of her birth weight. Today however the health visitor said she was alert, content, feeding and sleeping well and that not all babies gain weight how we would expect and that unless she showed signs of malnourishment or hunger then to carry on as we are and not to worry.

I am definitely anxious to see the weight gain at the girls appointment on the 8th myself. Though I had really been hoping it was going to be a fully BF month. Unfortunately, the pain on my nipples is too intense to BF right now. I've tried a few times and I just can't. I'm going to try pumping even though that hurts since it hurts less and then just bottle feed the girls for the next 24 hours. I'm dying here! I literally feel like there is no skin on my nipples and the girls gums are made of dull razor blades. I'd rather have another c-section that have this!

On the bright side.. the exersaucer I was considering is on sale so I'm going to go get it today. I'm hoping to do a little shopping after DH gets home from school. I feel like I'm kidna making a little progress on the Xmas shopping. yay!

Thank you Hippylittle. I'm encouraged by your words. :hugs:

Littlestars, so sorry about the nipple issue. I'm sure it's just awful.

William was 12lbs 1oz last Monday (9 weeks old). I am so proud of the guy considering he lost 14oz while we were in the hospital. He's only 3oz short of doubling his birth weight - my proper little preemie chunker!

Hope the thrush goes away quickly for you!!!

aww LittleStars that must be awful for you. Do nipple shields help at all? Breast feeding is not as easy as you are led to believe it is.
I love breast feeding but there are times when I do wish we used bottles as it would make life easier and at least I would know how much food she was actually getting. I am hoping once she reaches 6 weeks we can trial dual feeding so that at least her last feed at night can be done by daddy and then I know she has a full tummy for night. I just don;t want her to like the bottle more than the breast.

Update on Pippa!!!

Well, she's still in RLH as she's only just started drinking milk properly from a bottle!! She is being fed 3oz on demand (roughly 4hrly) and has been having sodium drops in her feeds as her levels were low!!!

She's also lost weight so is now a tiny 6lb 6oz but is really long lol!!! She's diddy for 8 weeks old!!

She'll be back in for her operation in Feb and we will know just how much of her bowel is affected!!

Sorry for being a bad threadmate.... I've just been sooo busy!!!

x

Youngmummy, sounds like pippa is doing well! Good for her. She is so little, I'm sure she will start growing fast now that she's taking bottles well!

Breastfeeding is nowhere near as easy as everyone makes it sounds. 6 weeks into it, and it's been really hard to keep going. I've has Doble Mastitis, I almost completetly dried up and now, with the thanks of Reglan, I'm producing about 2 ozs a day. Hardly anything... but gotta keep trying.

Phantom, that sounds rough!

Breastfeeding had been going pretty well but recently Silas has been fussing during feedings and popping on and off and waving his hands around. It's driving me crazy!! Anyone else have this? Kellymom.com says it is common around 6-8 weeks but gives a bunch of different possible reasons. I am thinking most likely in his case he's getting distracted by his arms and legs which he's just discovering. He loves to wave them around...

Anyway, it is making breastfeeding much more difficult and I've stopped feeling confident he's getting enough milk because he pops on and off so many times... Argh.

Anyway... Hope all the US ladies had a good thanksgiving! I did... Family visiting has been crazy but fun. I didn't have to cook anything so yay. :) at least I did the grocery shopping so I contributed something.

I'm getting worried about supply drying up myself.. I've been avoiding BFing and pumping for 24 hours.. just started back on pumping the last two feeds. I'm thinking about attempting BFing for the next/early morning feed. The girls usually wake independantly but within 45 minutes of each other and I think I'd rather only have one baby latched at a time in case it's too much pain. I am hoping to do 50/50 BF/FF tomorrow and pump the rest of the feeds with hopes of being back to full BFing within another day or two. But here is something I've noticed.. I get blanching on my nipples when I pump and it stings like crap for about an hour afterwards. I had to make some mini rice heat packs for my bra to pop on after pumping, lol. I look really crazy!! If it weren't for the cost savings of BFing I think all this would definitely be enough to make me throw in the towel but but I'm really determined to make it until the first tooth appears. Darn me and my frugalness!

Congrats to Pippa doing so well!!

Glad to hear Pippa is starting to feed well, hopefully she will start building up her weight now she is getting a good 3oz.

Phantom, sorry you are having a hard time with the breast and i totally agree that breast feeding is not as easy as you think it is going to be. I am hoping to make it to 6 weeks and then I am going to consider expressing into bottles for at least one night time feed. I have decided to stop beating myself up about it and if it doesn't work for me then I will switch to bottles full time.
zb5 This is exactly how Alana feeds, she also pushes me away and starts scratching my boobs, apparently it is to try and increase milk supply, the more fuss they make apparently it can increase your let down.
I am not confident she is getting enough milk either but the health visitor said that she would be screaming all the time if she was hungry and that fussy periods are normal and not to worry.

I'm getting worried about supply drying up myself.. I've been avoiding BFing and pumping for 24 hours.. just started back on pumping the last two feeds. I'm thinking about attempting BFing for the next/early morning feed. The girls usually wake independantly but within 45 minutes of each other and I think I'd rather only have one baby latched at a time in case it's too much pain. I am hoping to do 50/50 BF/FF tomorrow and pump the rest of the feeds with hopes of being back to full BFing within another day or two. But here is something I've noticed.. I get blanching on my nipples when I pump and it stings like crap for about an hour afterwards. I had to make some mini rice heat packs for my bra to pop on after pumping, lol. I look really crazy!! If it weren't for the cost savings of BFing I think all this would definitely be enough to make me throw in the towel but but I'm really determined to make it until the first tooth appears. Darn me and my frugalness!

Congrats to Pippa doing so well!!

I have started taking fenugreek tablets and eating porridge to try and increase my supply. It seems to have worked a little bit. You apparently need 8 fenugreek tablets a day to make an impact. You could try this and see if it has any impact.

Glad to hear Pippa is starting to feed well, hopefully she will start building up her weight now she is getting a good 3oz.

Phantom, sorry you are having a hard time with the breast and i totally agree that breast feeding is not as easy as you think it is going to be. I am hoping to make it to 6 weeks and then I am going to consider expressing into bottles for at least one night time feed. I have decided to stop beating myself up about it and if it doesn't work for me then I will switch to bottles full time.
zb5 This is exactly how Alana feeds, she also pushes me away and starts scratching my boobs, apparently it is to try and increase milk supply, the more fuss they make apparently it can increase your let down.
I am not confident she is getting enough milk either but the health visitor said that she would be screaming all the time if she was hungry and that fussy periods are normal and not to worry.

Silas also waves his arms around and scratches my boobs. Frustrating. Do you ever swaddle her? Because that may help with the scratching problem. I read that fussing at the breast can be either from baby wanting a faster OR a slower letdown. Could be anything... So helpful! :haha:

Pippa is doing great I'm so hapy to hear!

My baby fusses and pulls off at my breast because the flow is too fast. He makes milk go everywhere and it's a very messy occasion. I can be full like an hour after he ate last so by his next feeding it comes out very fast and heavy. I often squirt all across the room and notice sprays on the iPad, my cell hone, my bed,.,.its aweful. Idk what to do about it but it's for sure not going to make it so I can try feeding in public any time soon. Sigh. Breast feeding is a pain. Then a lot of the time he doesn't empty me so I still feel full. Pretty soon I'm sure I'll get mastitis too. Guess I'll be thankful I over produce since at any time I could begin under producing..,..

I eat a lot of oatmeal too. Maybe it is a reason?? Idk....

Pippa is doing great I'm so hapy to hear!

My baby fusses and pulls off at my breast because the flow is too fast. He makes milk go everywhere and it's a very messy occasion. I can be full like an hour after he ate last so by his next feeding it comes out very fast and heavy. I often squirt all across the room and notice sprays on the iPad, my cell hone, my bed,.,.its aweful. Idk what to do about it but it's for sure not going to make it so I can try feeding in public any time soon. Sigh. Breast feeding is a pain. Then a lot of the time he doesn't empty me so I still feel full. Pretty soon I'm sure I'll get mastitis too. Guess I'll be thankful I over produce since at any time I could begin under producing..,..

I eat a lot of oatmeal too. Maybe it is a reason?? Idk....

Lol at the spraying!! Sorry, it must make it difficult to nurse in poblic. I just dribble everywhere. The worst is when I think he's eating and I realize later he was just sucking without swallowing and letting milk dribble out of his mouth to make a big wet spot... :dohh:

Could you pump a little first to get past the first letdown and then feed him? Of course that might only make you produce even more milk!

Amelia is doing it too! I'm having quite the let down too. It's a whole lot and a couple times she's coughed and spit it out. Now she's starting to learn to drink. I've been trying to get her away from using the nipple shield. For the right one she'll be good on it and then just nurse on the flipping nipple and not latch correctly.

She was TRYING on the left but there's such a darn letdown that she has a tough time for some reason without the nipple shield THEN when I try to get her back on my breast once she's been on it for a few minutes, she sucks the darn nipple white and flat.

ZB, I've decided to switch her to the pacifiers you've been using that are shaped like the nipple. My hope is that it will help her latch correctly and move that darn "peanut butter tongue" so she'll latch correctly. Of course the aggressive letdown doesn't help. So far she's been having a tough time keeping those nipples in her mouth and gets fussy because it keeps popping out unless someone holds it. I've started help her use her own hand to keep it in with hopes she'll figure out how to maneuver her tongue to keep it in herself and THUS help her to nurse better. We shall see how my idea works.

I'm SO nervous about her 2 month appointment on Tuesday. Though she gained just above her birth weight two weeks ago, I'm afraid they'll say she lost again. She's gotten really long but feels lighter. Oh how I hope they don't freak me out with her weight again.

She's pee'ing a whole lot and no more constipation! :happydance: She's poo'ing normal and much more than in the beginning. She's also starting to find her voice. She even held her head up for a few minutes until she got tired. She's a little blessing every time I look at her. Oh how I love this kid every second of every day!

Good luck at the 2 week appt MA! I hope she is gaining well. I think if she's got plenty of wet and dirty diapers she's probably ok. At this age, I think if she were hungry she'd let you know! :) I hope the pacifiers work for you. Every baby is different though so who knows!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->