October babies due dates and bump colours

It is still really early. Silas fed so often at the beginning. It means she is building up your supply! I'm sure as your supply goes up and her stomach grows you will be able to feed her less often. If you give formula it could take a little longer to build up your supply. But if you really need a break then I say go for it!

I also say go for it, but suggest not doing it each day. I did a few formula top off's when I was desperate for him to be off my boob, but as I quit doing that, we got into our groove a bit better. Now I may do one if he doesn't go down to sleep, but I trust my body more now to still make milk for him.
Could be a growth spurt also, you just gotta hang in there and know it gets better although thats crappy advice for the time being!

I assumed that my supply would increase and don't want to FF really on a regular basis or at least not unless there is a problem. As my nipples are fine I shall just continue and hope things settle down. I guess it is good to know that in an emergency or if a real problem she will take formula and a bottle, but would rather stick to breast for now.

If she is wetting a lot of diapers, then your boobs are already making enough, she's just in one of those very hungry stages.

yes she has plenty of wet and dirty nappies, I shouldn't worry but she really is getting herself very worked up at the moment and particularly seems to hate my right boob.

She might want a faster let down.....can you press on them a bit to make milk come faster? That may be what she wants.....and also just be careful with a bottle if this is what she wants because she is liking the bottle as its easy and she doesn't have to work so hard! Silly babies. But, if you produce a fast let down, that could be her fussing also. Can go either way!

I have a slow let down, i try compression sometimes it helps sometimes not. I am hoping things will improve shortly.

I went through the same thing at 3 weeks, hippy. Freya was cluster feeding and it felt like she was constantly on my boob. i worried that she wasnt getting enoughj milk, or that my milk wasnt satisfying her. i very nearly gave up, as i was in tears every day.
But i pushed through it, and came out the other side. Freya is now going much longer between feeds, and she seems to be full and satisfied.
Keep at it, hun. you can do it!
xx

Thanks Shelleney. She has increased her early evening sleep and not cluster feeding as much but consequently is now not sleeping for 6 hours at night as she hasn't stocked up on enough milk to get her through the night. I am sure we will get there.

Amelia has been fussy the past couple days. She had the polio cocktail and the oral vaccine. I think the oral has made her tummy ache and the injection hurts her. She has an awful scream at times and we know to give her tylenol. Also, today she finally poo'd after mondays appt. She just hasn't been a happy camper poor little one. She gets two more injections on Monday. Should I allow them to inject her twice or do you think I should ask if they would inject her simultaneously in both areas to lesson the pain?!

Went to my parents today who gave us their tree because they purchased a new one. I felt pretty bad tonight when I had to confront mom and dad about dads cigarette smoke coming out bad. I don't think he had his window open at all. He's still only smoking a small amount (so I'm told) and once I mentioned it he opened the window and he was so cold he put a sweater on. He really is trying to stop and honestly said he couldn't smell it (of course, what smoker smells their cigarettes as they're so used to it). I just couldn't allow it for Amelia and it started bothering me really bad. So much so that here I am at 4am with the scent of cigarettes in my nose and lungs. Blek! I did feel bad though even when I know I was putting my foot down for my daughters well being. It's still his own home. I figured I could do one of two things...1. be honest and kindly let him know or 2. leave and not say anything including why. I chose to be honest and I know he was sort of hurt by it. He IS trying hard. I think it's the fact that he's really taken by his grand daughter and wants to watch her grow. He's the happiest I've seen him in years. Oh how I pray he quits fully!

Poor guy. It's so hard for them to quit after a lifetime. Hope e Dan do t. He shoud look into the medicines that are made to help.

The injections should be done at he same time in my opinion. One long scream is better than 2!

I say injections at the same time. I hope Amelia feels better soon, so hard not being able to do anything for them.

As for your dad it will take time.

Alana has developed a cold, she is feeling sorry for herself poor little mite.

Poor Amelia! We've got Silas's next week, I am just blocking it out of my mind...

It's so good that your dad is trying to quit/cut down! It is hard for sure.

Hi all.

Freya and I had our 6 week postnatal checkup with the Doctor today.
I got my contraception sorted! was given the Depo Provera injection. So now I have no excuse when trying to avoid OH's advances :haha: just kidding!!

xx

MA - seems that if Amelia stayed in the same percentile then she gained proportionally the right amount of weight for the time period. The only concern would be really if she jumped percentile for length and then perhaps you'd want her to gain a little more the jump to a new percentile. Also perhaps if she is in like the 5% or something because that would be kinda scary to be so close to the cut off of concern. Anyway yay for weight gain!

As for the alternate schedule.. is it just to not have the baby have so many shots at once? I always wondered and meant to ask. I put DD1 through the regular schedule and she had no problems with it so I really have no reason to not do the same this time around unless one of them has a reaction. It's easier to just get it over with and perhaps suffer one day of them being pissed off at you for all the shots but honestly DD1 just got really sleepy the day she had the shots and it was kinda nice for me. lol After the intense pissed off crying stopped that is.. :)

Anyway, BFing is still a no go. I tried to get back at it and they undid all the healing the skin had done and it still doesn't feel right so I'm scared to try. I'm off to buy shields today and get back on the BFing horse. I also bought (another) pump, a hand one this time, for trying to get supply back up. I always avoided the electric medela one because by the time I could pump I hated the noise because it was going to wake the babies or I wanted to call someone or watch tv. Hand pump = silent = more chances to use it. Anyway, once DH comes home I'm off to BRU to buy the shields! I'm actually excited to BF.. weird! It's going to suck because I heard using the shields doesn't allow the baby to get as much and stimulate production because it's not direct contact but it's better than nothing and I kinda knew that I was facing on demand feeding as soon as we got back in the swing of things anyway. I'm hoping to not have to use them for more than a week. If my nipples aren't better by then there is something seriously wrong with me!

And as for what my husband does in the house... the simple answeris very little. He'll do heavy lifting if asked and occasionally does some fixes and such but generally I do everything house related and he brings in the money. How did I learn? trial and error so some stuff, internet searches for others and my dad raised me to be a strong self sufficient woman so I learned a lot from him and my mom who was just as crazy as me. Parenting-wise though, DH is great. He is really a strong influence in DD1's life and he's great fun and little crazy even!

Now off to make some oatmeal bars to increase the milk supply!

I asked my pediatrician about the delayed shots and she said not needed. There can always be reactions, but they're so rare because the baby has been getting more antibodies at once in our breast milk than they do in the injections. I went in thinking I wanted an alternative schedule but didn't want him to be so behind. She told me she saw a baby in thre ER who coughed so hard from whooping cough that she broke her neck. And instances of babies dying from meningitis. they only gave one live virus with this first round so i liked that. She had strong feelings about following schedule but left it up to us. Se was very knowledgeable though with research on that dr sears guy and his alternative schedule....it's each parents choice and both sides have valid reasonings! S confusing to make the right decisions......I felt sick that day!

Hi ladies, thanks for your input.

Littlestars. I'm "trying" to use the Dr. Sears alternative scheduling. There are so many new injections and some aren't even needed that I decided to use the alternative scheduling.

Basically the alternative scheduling will not allow more than 2 injections at once.

I also do not give the flu vaccine unless I am sure it is thermasol free. Children with Anemia though SHOULD get it. No H1N1, I didn't want the rotovirus but Doug as an RN put his foot down and asked we get it because he's seen the effects of the virus in children and it can be HORRIFYING To me though, (the predecessor to that vaccine has a bad track record and my kid won't go to daycare so she isn't as likely to be exposed anyway but he wanted it just in case)... no chicken pox why bother, it's NOT life threatening and honestly our bodies need immunity especially when those having not had chicken pox can get the shingles later on in life and it can be horrible to deal with for months at a time. No Hep B at birth/ til at least 2 years (the chance of exposure to a newborn/ young baby is so slim) My frustration is they put the Hep B in a cocktail now with the polio vaccine. Not sure if it's just NY state doing that or if they're starting to make cocktails so families can't opt out of certain ones. Either way I was perterbed not being able to make the best choice for my daughter! I also do not get more than 2 shots at a time to allow the body to create a normal antibody response and not to overload their little systems. Do you know that some give up to 5 shots at a time?! They would have loaded Amelia with one oral and 3 injections on Monday had I not put my foot down. Keep in mind that certain vaccines have side effects. Adding too many is just too much for a babies response system. There are MORE vaccines out now than we had as children and I'm willing to bet there are more now than when your daughter was born.

Amelia won't need it for awhile but Gardisil will NOT be in her plan unless or until they can prove it's not dangerous. There have been many deaths from that drug brushed under the rug and there haven't been extensive studies to tell if it can cause damage to girls reproductive systems. My daughter won't be a guinea pig. Maybe by the time she actually needs it though, things will have changed. At this rate though, they're even talking of making it mandatory for boys to also get the vaccine. :wacko:

Vaccine Adverse Reporting

What is an alternative Vaccine Schedule

Here's the vaccination schedule I follow with Dr. Sears. In fact, I'm going to have to call the pede's office and reschedule Mondays appointment because those are due at 3 month. Hopefully they'll take it well. :wacko:

Dr. Bob's Alternative Vaccine Schedule

2 months: DTaP, Rotavirus

3 months*: Pc, HIB

4 months: DTaP, Rotavirus

5 months*: Pc, HIB

6 months: DTaP, Rotavirus

7 months*: Pc, HIB

9 months: Polio

12 months: Mumps, Polio

15 months: Pc, HIB

18 months: DTaP, Chickenpox

2 years: Rubella, Polio

2 1/2 years*: Hep B, Hep A (start Hep B at birth if any close relatives or caregivers have Hep B)

3 years: Hep B, Measles

3 1/2 years*: Hep B, Hep A

4 years: DTaP, Polio

5 years: MMR

6 years: Chickenpox

12 years: Tdap, HPV

12 years, 2 months*: HPV

13 years: HPV, Meningococcal (once Meningococcal vaccine is approved for age 2, Dr. Sears will move it there and delay Hep B by 6 months)

My pediatrician says the shots are not offering any more antibodies than breast feeding. So my baby has been exposed to it already and his system iscapable of handling the injections. Kian didn't even get a low fever or soreness at the sites. Nothing. He was fine. She strongly recommends that his grandparents get the whooping cough vaccination with their flu shots. And here they automatically give kids thimerisol free flu shots and it's h1n1 and flu all in one vaccine. Also, babies don't get it at all til over 6 months I think it is.

Those websites don't seem that reliable.....I think the CDC would be a little more reliable. Do they have any info against doing the schedule? I can't really find anything.

Well it seems the vaccines and schedule is slightly different in Canada anyway. I know for sure that our flu vacicnes that we get are different than the USA gets. Anyway, I guess we just have to do what we're confortable with, right? I think the only thing that has changed since DD1 as a baby is there is now a 2nd chickenpox shot and she needs to get it soon to be on track. The chickenpox one is optional but it leaves such terrible scars from picked scabs and since I have girls I can't bear to tempt fate on that one. I was super lucky and have the antibodies for it without ever having it (my brother had it and I guess I was exposed but didn't break out??).

I am happy to report that I'm back to breast feeding! I'm supplementing after the feeds because obviously I know my supply has dimished some (a lot?). I'm hoping to supplement less and less for the next 4 days. I remember reading somewhere it took about 4 days to up your supply and feeding at night was the best for signaling to the body you need to produce more. Anyway, so if I skip any feeds in the next week or two I'll try my best to make it a mid-afternoon one while shopping instead of last feed of the night.

We're off to a Christmas party tomorrow and to see Santa Claus. The kids will all get an early present too (supplied by us) so DD1 is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited. lol Not sure which present for DD to wrap up though. Guess I should get on that asap before going to bed.

Hope all are doing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"