October babies due dates and bump colours

Yes I do actually have to pump sometimes for 5 minutes, but hard when he is hungry now! It's prolly just making my supply increas, but I can't help it! And sometimes after he ets I need to pump cus they just kill and he didn't deflate them. Guess I keep telling myself I'd rather have too much than too little.

Ma I'm hoping Amelia has gained for Tuesday's appointment. Sorry you are worried.

Hi all!

sorry to hear of your breastfeeding worries. Freya fusses around the breast too, and im not really sure what to do about it? :shrug:

we have our 6 week postnatal appointment at the Doctors on friday. not really sure what it will involve? hoping he will weigh her. i havent had her weighed since she was just 2 weeks old (she had just got back to her birth weight then). what i do know, is that i will be sorting out my contraception! me and OH are ready to start being intimate again - but we are NOT ready for another baby! :haha: so i will be asking for the mini pill (progesterone only pill).

How are you all today??
xx

zb5 I frequently swaddle which makes it easier but she has started to get annoyed with being swaddled now and this can cause more of an issue than the scratching and fussing around my breast. I know my let down is fairly slow which must be very frustrating for her.

I need to find better dummies/pacifiers as although she will take the mam 0-2 month ones she is really starting to develop a bad latch. The problem is most of them are too big for her and squash her nose. I had to get the smallest I could find that fit under her nose.

MA I hope your appointment goes well. Alana has put 4oz this week which is great news, so finally the midwife has released us. I hope that you have a similar positive result.

Seems like we always come back to talking about BFing eh? Heh.. glad to know that I'm not the only one suffering out there but I am definitely glad to head no one else has thrush issues. The pain is still pretty intense and I'm struggling to BF. I did it twice yesterday and once so far today. I literally hate doing it. Sucks too butcause before the thrush I was really getting into the swing of things and not hating it and seeing it as a chore anymore.

I've been taking the fenugreek along with blessed thistle and milk thistle but perhaps I sohuld try eating oatmeal.. does it matter what kind? DD1 has some cookies'n'cream instant oatmeal in the cupboard. Would that do the job? It always smells really good but I've never been one to eat oatmeal.

Idk I eat flavored instant and tonnnns of little debbie oatmeal Cree pies. Lol I'm dire those don't count but I love them as a breast feeding smack and I over produce. So who know!

bf'ing does come up a lot and I'm glad it does ladies! I think discussing the woes helps us all see what's normal and helps us stick with it if we can. I don't think I would have known a whole lot had I not had our group .

The weight debacle is freaking me out! :rofl: I keep holding Amelia and she feels light. :lol: I'll keep you all posted!

doesn't matter what kind of oatmeal so long as it has oats in it. I am thinking i have a great excuse to eat loads of biscuits that have oats in them.

Exactly, I'm totally using it as an excuse for eating oatmeal pies!

Also read that chocolate is good for the milk......

She must be joking.. I've eaten way more than my share of chocolate but I've definitely not overproduced. And trust me.. the amount of chocolate I've eaten... Ekk!

So BFing still totally hurts and was undoing all the healing my nipples had done. And with the painful blanching from pumping I've resorted to hand expressing. lol Oh my, it's an interesting experience. I seem to only be able to express maybe an ounce/sesison during the daytime and perhaps 2-3 ounces first thing in the morning but it works and I'm hoping it will help maintain my supply for a few more days. I'll get on the oatmeal ASAP and keep my toes and fingers crossed. Seems like slowly my mipples are healing though, starting to scab over with a thin layer of dry skin. I'm hoping this ordeal will be over sooooooooon.

Now off to see if I can clean up the living room (aka the Baby Zone) and get ready to put up the Xmas tree. I told DH and DD1 that I won't be doing my usual decorating and at first everyone was understanding and now DH is badgering me on how long would it REALLY take to put up lights outside or any of the other things I normally do. He isn't offering to do it, I think he just wants to make me feel guilty about not doing it and creating the Xmas spirit for everyone else. Grrr... The lights are in the garage honey.. knock yourself out!

Ooh that's not fair of your dh little stars! Mine could care less about Xmas altogether so I usually do everything too. Not sure what will happen this year.

Well I feel like I have a clogged milk duct and feel sick. I'm worried it's mastitis. I had a fever this morning but it already seems to be going down. I hope hope hope I don't need antibiotics! I know they increase your chances of getting thrush, and little stars it does not sound fun at all!!

Hope your nipples feel better soon!

Well I did hear that about chocolate and breast milk but wasn't sure if they were joking or serious but assume joking! Lol. Think I asked and never heard.

Little I can't believe you are the one who put lights up outside. Why can dh not do it?

Zb I thought I had mastitis yesterday too with really sore boob and fever and sick....but seems to be better today. I massaged the ouchie boob in the shower, when I lumped, and when he ate so maybe it was just a clogged duct. Hope that's all it is for you, keep massagin it!

MA I thought DH didn't care about Xmas decor myself until he said something. He said it was nice to come home to the lights at night and he liked how it got him anticipating the holiday food and festivities. Go figure. I would have never known since he always acts fairly aloof about things like that.

And yes I'm the one who puts up Christmas lights. I also mow the lawn, take out the garbage and recycling, shovel the driveway, clean out the gutters and do home renovations like repaving the front walkway with flagstones and minor plumbing issues and changing light fixtures to name a few. Most of the time I really don't mind and even kind of pride myself in my abilities and awesomeness. DH doesn't really value esthetics in the house like I do so they would never get done if it weren't for me. And also I should point out I'm a stay at home mom.

I got my Christmas tree up and lit (okay it's pre-lit, I cheated). No ornaments yet though, that's for tomorrow. I also almost finished cleaning out my storage closet under the stairs, it's been a dumping ground for just about everything since I started IVF last January! I was always just too lazy, tired, sore or being careful to put so many things away properly. Totally paying the price for it now! I should note that the twins took a 4 hour nap this afternoon and it was WONDERFUL!!!! They seem to slowly working themselves into a schedule similar to what my daughter had. Long naps in the morning and a another later afternoon into dinnertime and then a last meal around 11pm and sleeping into the night.. not quite through the night yet but not waking until 4:30-5:30am and then sleeping again until 7-8am. But now that I've typed the 'out loud' I'm sure I've jinxed myself. :)

Heat pads and hot showers along with feedings and massages for blocked ducts!! I was reading aobut them the other day and it seems you tend to get blocked before mastitis sets in since it's usually an infection of a blocked duct. Hopefully the fever was just a coincidence and you can clear the duct soon.

Ooooooh I didn't know that about mastitis coming after a blocked duct. Eeeek! I better massage some more so mine doesn't get infected. Thanks!

Good job being superwoman. Now I feel kind of worthless, how did you learn to do all the house stuff?

hi ladies!

Well, Amelia gained just 3 ounces in a two weeks. Not exactly a good weight gain but since she was still in the same percentile and didn't drop, they didn't freak out. She DID grow 1 and 3/4inches long to 21 3/4 inches tall now. Maybe it's all evening out because of that?!

At any rate she had one shot and another oral antiviral. She'll have the others over the next few weeks. I'm doing an alternative schedule because I don't want her having too many side effects from 5 different shots. :wacko:

Wow little stars you're a champ! What does dh do arond the house?

I'm doing lots of massage and heat. I expressed some milk in the bathtub, that was interesting because the milk looks all weird squirting through water. My fever is gone now but I still feel like I've got a clogged duct. Go away clogged duct!

MA that is great shes stayed in the same percentile. Good for you. I still can't wait to see what Silas weighs!!

Zb glad your fever is gone. Weird we both have exact same thing goin. Cept I have some cold symptoms and sore duct. Weird v

Ma when is she weighed next? Hope she has a growth spurt!

Great news on the weight gain, so long as she is gaining then I wouldn't worry.

I hope my good luck with my nipples and breast continues as I can't face issues or I will just give up.

I gave Alana 3oz of Formula last night at 10.15pm as she had been cluster feeding from 5.30pm and was getting really annoyed at the breast and when I squeezed only a tiny dribble of milk came out. OMG she guzzled the bottle down in seconds and then I felt guilty as I feel my breast wasn't enough. I am going to see the doctor and see if he can give me those tablets to increase milk supply. I think if not we will switch to a bottle at 10.30pm each night to help fill her up. I am so confused and don't know what to do for the best.

Your still early days, keep feeding on demand and your body will signal to produce enough! baby needs to suckle for your body to produce. Us hand expressing or pumping doesn't give good indication of how much we produce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->