October babies due dates and bump colours

Yay, I just had my NT scan and everything went well! I'm so happy right now! I put more details in my journal if you're interested. :D This thread is just going to have a flurry of scans over the next few weeks!

Hey everyone. Back from my appointment. Baby is doing great and I am measuring right on. All my blood work came back normal.

Had serious talk with the doctor though. This may not be the place to post this and if it isnt ill edit my post but we decided to do the NT scan and blood work. I always said i would never do anything no matter what the results but if i am completely honest with myself i am scared enough of dealing with Ava and a new healthy baby. If something were wrong i would want to plan as best i could and make sure i know everything. I want to give myself the opportunity to come to terms with things. The doctor reassured me saying that my chances were very unlikely as i am very young(21) and have no history on either side. I am very nervous but also excited to see my baby. So that scan is april 11(the day after my 22 birthday)

I also got my gender/anomalies scan book! May 16th!!!!! Cant wait!

So thats my mini update.

awh glad your scans went well ladies :thumbup:

Cant wait till all the bump colours start coming in xxx

Had a better appointment with the Dr. today but was very disappointed with the scan tech. She did two scans, one speedy quick on the belly and one internal for cervical length that she refused to allow us to see the baby better. She gave us one pic and we can't even see the baby it was so unclear.

The Dr. went back to her and told her that next time she MUST give us the best, clearest image she can get. She told her that her attitude wasn't warranted and that the reason we NEEDED the picture to be clear was because we lost our son early last time and seeing the baby, knowing the baby is growing and okay is a sense of joy and excitement at a time we've been scared.

So, there's no point in sharing the scan as it just looks like a puff of cloud. :cry: The good news is we have an anatomy scan in two weeks with a different facility. I pray we have a pic to share with everyone. It'll be nice to see our baby too. :thumbup:

Oh Mommy'sAngel that must of been frustrating for you! At least the Dr had a talk with her about it though. Hope these next 2 weeks go by fast!

Yay, Yourstruly and zb5 - I'm glad your scans went great!

I dunno if I'll be getting a 12 week scan as I already had ones at 7wk and 10wks. It would be nice to see my lil bunny again though! My appt is April 6, so we'll find out then!

Gash, I know, I can't wait til we find out who's on team :pink: and team :blue: ! My hubby won't let me buy baby clothes til we find out so it really feels like the next 9 weeks are dragging. Boo hiss!

Thanks katerdid. I don't actually get my ultrasound until April 11th though.

Whoops, totally wrote that wrong! :haha: I meant, I'm glad your dr's appt went well!

Glad your Dr's appt went well yourstruly, you're right it is a very personal decision, but I feel that it can't hurt to know more. The most likely scenario is you will get good news and then will have less to worry about.

Mommy's Angel, that is so frustrating! I noticed my scan this time was less clear because it was abdominal instead of internal. :( But why wouldn't they try to get you a nice picture once they did the internal?? I'm glad your doctor told her what's what!

I can't wait to hear bump colors too! My DH's friend's wife is due Oct. 11 and her doctor told her the gender with 90% certainty at their 12 week scan! It is pretty cute, my DH has his man-bump buddy so they can talk baby stuff together. :)

I "think" the official name for the October babies thread is "october bumpkins" but I could be wrong xxx

Ya, that's what our pregnancy thread in 2009 was and 2010 adopted it too!

October Bumpkins (play on bumps and pumpkins in case pregnancy brains didn't catch on haha)

haha incase pregnancy brains didnt catch on that made me chuckle :haha:

Gash and Kristen i love ur scan pics v cute. I must find my camera to put mine on here my pic is so different to yours, mine looks like an alien cowering in the corner bless hehe.
When i turn in my sleep i feel a pulling on my belly assume its just cos bodys stretching i quite like it :baby: Havent been sick for a week now yey :happydance: Off to look at prams now woohoo

Adele enjoy pram shopping

Zb5 12 weeks is so early was it a boy by chance?

Mommyangel sorry the scan didnt go great, I thought my scan pics were a bit naff compared to Calebs too. I hope you get a good pic next time

Katierdid Its only 5 weeks and 3 days till my next scan, it seems so close, I wont even be 20 weeks I will only be 19+1 so It really helped having my 12 week scan at 13+2 as its not so lonmg to wait inbetween. Im not going to find out but I think its going to be really hard not too as its DS birthday on the day of my scan. Technically I could find out in 2 weeks and 2 days if I wanted but I really want to keep my willpower this time xxx

Oooh gash I have no such willpower! DH could happily wait for a surprise...no way I'd handle not knowing if I knew the sonographer knew something about my bubs that I didn't!

Got my scan at 4pm today. So praying with all my heart that there is a beautiful living moving baby doing its stuff in there!

Fairy x

what is the window of opportunity and 'best week' for gender scans? does it change if it twins? My doctor was going to scan in 4 weeks at next appointment but I asked to have a scan ASAP because of my paranoid fears from the spotting. Now he is not planning on doing one in 4 weeks and just wondering so I can make sure I don't miss it!

Our local 4D place does a gender scan at 15 weeks (OB does that sort of scan at about 18/19 weeks)

Chaos - ooooooohhh... 4D... hrmmm... I wanna check into the cost of that, I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be covered by my provincial health care! I would love that so much!!!

My last scan was cute but the girl was so concerned giving my one with both babies on it so there isn't any detail really. Boo. She said it was most likely the last time we'd get both on the same US picture though.

I'm not scheduled for any scans at this point, I would have got one at my next appointment but I didn't want to wait 4 weeks because of the SCH so now I have no idea when I'll get a chance to get in for a gender scan. Ekk! Next dr's appointment I'll be 14w5d so I should be fine though even if he makes me wait another 4 weeks longer until the next next appointment.

Mommy's Angel - I'm glad the doctor ripped the tech a new one! Considering the type of information the techs can see when doing ultrasounds, life-threatening things like cancer and life-devastating events like miscarriages you'd think they'd know that their bedside manner is really important.

I finally purchased maternity clothing!!! I am so happy EXCEPT one of the pants (jeans) I couldn't get a good fit in my normal size so I went up one size and they seemed fine but now I can't keep them up! Boo! What a waste of money. I'm hoping that they will be of some use later on when I'm ginormous since everyone keeps telling me that with twins I'll definitely have to buy bigger clothing further down the road.

Rant of the day: MY BIL whom I dislike for a multitude of reasons, popped over yesterday and while he was over DH told him we were expecting twins. He was all happy blah blah and then said something about now he'll have three neices and/or nephews to babysit. Ummmm what???? He has literally NEVER babysat DD in nearly 5 years, in fact, doesn't do anything with her and doesn't know anything about her. He sucks! But to add insult to injury, he decided to announce we're expecting on facebook. Seriously???? Couldn't he see that DH hadn't announced it (I don't have FB account) so maybe it wasn't his position to do so. Jack-ass!

LittleStars, that's so frustrating! Those are the kind of people who I wish I would never have to tell about being pregnant. It feels like they're just too annoying and frustrating to even DESERVE knowing something so special and important!

Gash, yes they said boy! It's amazing they can see any boy parts this early. Modern technology...

Fairy, I know your scan will go great today! Can't wait to hear the good news. :)

Littlestars, that is so terrible about your BIL! My DH just announced on facebook yesterday, he wanted to post on April Fool's so everyone would be left guessing whether it was real or fake! I can't imagine your BIL announcing it for you, terrible terrible manners. :growlmad:

My DH just announced on facebook yesterday, he wanted to post on April Fool's so everyone would be left guessing whether it was real or fake!

haha, I did that too! I wanted to make everyone believe that it was just a joke... and it worked!

Lol i few people announced yesterday on my fb still wondering if its real tho!...
ive allready announced mine...
im just waiting and waiting for my scan 11th april my last was 1st march... seems so long ago! and the next seems so far away but i ahve my 20+4 week scan booked allready on the 3rd june mw said its the best day to get it done and can i get it done around that specific date, i was like errr im going on holiday then too but thankfully im going on the 4th june so the day before! :-D
ive got my pram i got the graco symbio its brill and now i got a new car can fit it in that too! lol! thankfully my car seat fits in the new car too!

So happy! Scan was amazing! Little kicking legs, great hb, posterior placenta. Technician said everything as perfect as can be so far! And I am right about my dates based on ovulation as bubs is exactly 9+5!
Fairy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"