October babies due dates and bump colours

Hi lets see if this works here is my sproggle in rather a different position to everyone elses typical hehe. Glad all went well today Fairy. Went to Mothercare decided which travel system i wanted then went to 2nd hand shop and got it for less than half the price hehe.
078.jpg

Littlestars your BIL needs a slap! How dare he?! That just shows his ignorance.

Adele, that's what you call a good shopping trip! Nice one.

Fairy x

MrsK, too funny we both did the April Fools thing! I had another friend announce her marriage and it was no joke either - they went to city hall on April 1 to get married because they thought it would be a great anniversary. So the two big fb announcements on my feed yesterday were real!

Congrats Adele and Fairy on your scans. :D More healthy babies, so great!

Hi ladies, i just realised i havent been on here for ages and had 15 pages to catch up on! I hope everyone is doing well. I am STILL waiting for my scan appointment to come through the post, it has been 2 weeks since my booking in appointment, so im getting annoyed now. I will be phoning the doctors and hospital to see whats going on tomorrow if i dont get a letter. I am totally obsessed with my doppler now, i listen to LO every day! It still doesnt feel real yet though, so i cant wait for scan xxx

I've got a doppler but haven't found anything yet any ideas? I had my booking apt at 10weeks and scan at 11weeks 5days they let me know on the Thurs and i had it on the Tues. My 20week scan isn't til 22 weeks bit annoying.

BabyDeacon - I gotta figure out the car seat thing. Ekk!!! My daughter is still in a booster and with twins we're looking at 3 car seats in a 07 Civic. Not sure we can do it. We keep having the dreaded minivan conversation. Yuck! What kinda car did you get?

I have a Sonoline B doppler, it was about $60 on ebay. My only advice is that you have to push down harder than you think. You shouldn't be hurting your belly, but by the end, if it takes a while to find it, my hand gets tired and sometimes there's a little red mark on my belly where the probe was pressing into me. Then you can move it around, but also try changing the angle a lot and maybe you will find it.

Even once I figured that out, I only found it sometimes. I think I found it at 8 1/2 weeks, then couldn't find it at 9 weeks, then found it again at 10 weeks. :shrug: Hope that helps someone!

I dont have a doppler but I get them enough to have some experience with them. As Zb said, you have to push down much harder than you think. If your not getting readings in the top of the belly, my suggestion is try lower in the pelvic area. The right or the left lower pelvic areas are where they tend to find mine...but then I have a tipped uterus so I think they'd find it much better if I turned over and they literally used the doppler on my lower back. :rofl:

Let us know when you get it!! I just can't get one. I'm already filled with anxiety from what happened with my last pregnancy. If I can't hear the heartbeat, even if it's that I can't reach it, I will FREAK OUT. ((FAINT)). So I go every two weeks anyways and hear it everytime. I think that's good enough for me right now. Less for me to have to be anxious about. :thumbup:

I'm sure you'll find it at some point!

BabyDeacon - I gotta figure out the car seat thing. Ekk!!! My daughter is still in a booster and with twins we're looking at 3 car seats in a 07 Civic. Not sure we can do it. We keep having the dreaded minivan conversation. Yuck! What kinda car did you get?

i got a ford fusion.. rather than minivan... why not go for the 7 seater galaxy or senic??

so glad everyone scans went well, not been on much over the weekend as we were having a big clear out then I was busy for mothers day.

Hope everyones well. Ive just had to order a new car too. I have a ford focus coupe cabriolet which I got a few months before I got pregnant with Caleb, its a lovely car but its got such a small back seat cause its a convertible and its only 3 doors which is useless. I order a nissan qashqai a few weeks back and I get it on the 18th april so I cant wait as it will make my like so much easier with the babies.

I also dont have a doppler because I remeber being pregnant with Caleb and the midwife couldnt find the heartbeat, I was sent to hosiptal and it totally stressed me out thinking something was wrong, I got a scan and it turned out that he had his back to my tummy and was curled up so thats why they couldnt find it. Was so worried so never bought one and wont this time either as I think it would stress me out :rofl:

Hope you alol had a lovely weekend xxx

Morning ladies....

Got an emergency scan this afternoon as have had a heavy bleed with clots and cramps.... please keep Pip in your thoughts and send me lots of sticky baby dusts!!!

Will keep you all updated

x

Praying all will be well for you Youngmummy. Keep us posted.

Fairy x

:hugs: keep us posted youngmummy x

your in my thoughts youngmummy hope all is well :hugs: xxx

just realised Im officially a lemon (well pip is) and into my second trimester xxx

Yay gash! Can't wait for all of us to be safely out of first tri. As my EDD is 31st oct, I'll be last along with the others sharing the same day!

Youngmummy Keeping my fingers crossed for you and your sweet bubs. Hope all is ok.

Since I'm Canadian I only have a few days left until I'm in the second tri!!! Yay. So excited for it. my doctor considers 12 weeks second tri but moving that early will just make the second tri longer to me lol.

Had a long weekend. DD refused to sleep most of the night friday, Saturday and Sunday. I'm beyond exhausted now and it seems now that I'm past 12 weeks I'm getting food aversions. No sickness but knowing if i eat something i will be. Hmmm.

Hope everyone got a bit more sleep then me this weekend lol and is doing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->