October Bfp with #2 anyone with me?

No problem! I must've missed the tearing comment, that sounds so so painful!

He is great now, we were lucky to not have any long lasting effects. They actually tore a blood vessel in his head while trying to get him out and he bled out into his head, then his body couldn't replace the lost blood volume fast enough so his organs started failing. The biggest thing they couldn't predict was whether he would have permanent brain damage from all of the pressure the extra blood created but he hasn't shown any signs of delay and just finished kindergarten right on target :)

Omfg, how traumatic. :O

How terrible for you also having to 'wait and see' with his development. I'm so glad he is ok and I'm sure history won't repeat itself. <3

Wow that sounds like an experience :nope:

I ended up BACK in hospital today as I couldn't stop itching, and I've now got thrush from the antibiotics!

They were concerned there that I'm measuring big so gave me a membrane stretch/sweep. I've to go for a growth scan on wednesday before my consultancy appointment and another sweep at the same time if nothing happens and then possible induction on my due date Friday. I'm going to try labour upright if possible but basically I laboured really quickly and she didn't turn fully so came out facing sideways and I lost a lot of blood from the 3rd degree tear so even though I only had gas and air in labour, I then had to have a spinal afterwards and spent 2 hours in surgery :( Hopefully it's all stretchy down there now so won't be any problems :D

Thanks meep. How is baby doing??

Boobee that is awful that you ended up back in the hospital. I'm glad that they are being proactive and have a plan though! That labor experience sounds awful as well, hopefully second labors are better than firsts! I'm sure everything will go wonderfully this time!

She's doing well thanks. Not loving the tricky early days of breastfeeding a newborn if I am honest but I've just been out and bought some nice new bras and a decent nursing pillow which will hopefully make it all a bit easier! She was almost back at birth weight on day 5, so I know she's getting enough, but getting a good latch without having to start over ten million times can be difficult at first. :growlmad:

Second labours are definitely easier. My first took 12 hours in hospital to arrive after labouring for a day at home, turning posterior and requiring drugs to restart contractions which resulted in a partial epidural.

With this little one, mild contractions started around 7 pm, went in at 1:30 am and had her 2 hours later with no pain relief at all. :) It was great. Horrible, but great. :haha:

Well the sweep worked &#128514; I started having contractions, went to hospital and in under 2 hours I had delivered him! It was definitely a lot more controlled this time and I only had a vaginal graze!
Our boy Bodhi arrived at 2:26am weighing 7lb 14oz &#128153;

Attachments

• IMG_9918.jpg
    IMG_9918.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1
Yeehaw!!! Wow, that's amazing! Glad it was so much quicker for you second time as well. :D He's lovely!

Hey. After 3 days of contractions baby Hunter came into fhis world at 9:06pm on 6/12 weighing 7lbs 2 ozs and 19 1/4" long

Boobee I am glad everything went so well! He is adorable!

Congrats bbygurl!

I am having some serious jealousy issues haha. I went in yesterday and they were going to do a sweep but I am only dilated about a fingertip and he couldn't get his finger in to do the sweep. I am about 60% effaced. All of this is great considering that I was closed and 0% will DS up until they started the induction but my doc still will not schedule an induction until I am a little more favorable. To say I am frustrated would be an understatement. I have another appointment on Monday and I'm hoping I will go into labor before then.

Congrats boobee and bbygurl!!

I am getting so impatient now. I had my 36 week appointment today and my midwife mentioned that he is extremely low already. Which is surprising because I'm not getting any pressure or pain yet minus my hips. I'm hoping that means he'll come early.

Oh yay!! Congratulations ladies they are so cute!
Im with the rest of you and having jealousy issues and lack of patience. I am 38 weeks and waiting to go anytime now. Last check doc said baby is super low and i was not surprised, ive had a ton of pain to prove thats accurate lol. I wish everyone a speedy labor and delivery and i look forward to seeing the rest of these adorable babes!

Congratulations to all the new mamas and babies! Sorry to those still waiting, it sucks but it's coming so soon. Can't wait to see the newbies. &#55357;&#56833;

Good morning mammas. Just wanted to update you all with our good news.
Our little surprise came yesterday! We had a boy!!
June18th @ 3:55pm. After 4.5hours total (1.5hrs active labor and 7min pushing) he was here! It was really fast but everyone is happy and healthy and we are excited to go home today!

I'm still here haha. 37+3. No sign yet. Potentially a c section for breech but think baby has turned.

Congratulations ladies on the birth of your adorable babies! X

Congrats Oily!

I'm still here... only 37+2 though so could still be awhile. I hope not. I've been feeling pretty lousy lately. My son and I just had some sort of stomach virus. He's feeling better, but I'm still not feeling 100% so I wonder if it's the slow start of something.

I'm still around at 39+3.....I go in Wednesday night and they will start pitocin Thursday morning so the end is completely in sight. I don't anticipate going into labor on my own before then. I am effacing and dilating but her head is not engaged at all, stubborn babes :nope:

I'm still around at 39+3.....I go in Wednesday night and they will start pitocin Thursday morning so the end is completely in sight. I don't anticipate going into labor on my own before then. I am effacing and dilating but her head is not engaged at all, stubborn babes :nope:
Aw. :(
Are you doing lots of bouncing/hip exercises on a yoga ball?

I thought second babies etc. often don't engage until labour starts anyway? That being said, mine did, so I don't know ...

Definitely second the birthing ball suggestion. I laboured for a bit on mine and it really ramped up the contractions (which was hideous but necessary!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->