****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Morning ladies :)

I started a journal - https://www.babyandbump.com/parenti...tyventuras-parenting-journal.html#post7745227 - for anyone that's interested :D xx

Aurora - that's nice of your OH to cook for you! :cloud9:

So I was up all night last night with Alora. :cry: I'm not sure if it's the switch to formula but she screamed all night long. :( I hope this gets better.

:( Ugh, I have mastitis. I've been really working hard at giving up nipple shields too, and it's worked on the side I have mastitis! I just don't know what to do now, I'm on awful antibiotics because the stuff they would usually give you is related to penicillin and I'm allergic to that...the doc warned me that these might make me feel ill, and they do! I keep waking up at night with stomach cramps. Like I needed anymore help to get less sleep!

The boob that's still healthy is the one that I'm still having problems getting her to feed from. As far as I can tell she's latched on ok, and she sucks and swallows for a min or so, but then it's just sucking and no swallowing...she'll do it for-literally-ever. Every time she falls asleep and I take her off, she's panicking like she's starving! It's like she can't get the milk, even though there's plenty there when I try to hand express. So every time I end up having to switch her to the other side, which hurts like a bitch but satisfies her.

Can't wait to go to the local baby cafe tomorrow, I'm going to see if they can help me. In the meantime, I'm going to go back to expressing the left side, cause I'll will definitely throw in the towel if I get mastitis on both sides.

Ugh, this is so annoying. Just when I thought I was really getting the hang of this, something messes everything up again. :( At least she's only waking 2-3 times after 12am now.

edit: Awww MommyKC, I hope you manage to get some sleep!

Aurora, I would be the same if my OH didnt do the cooking, as it is I hardly eat during the day when he's at work!

Hope things improve preggyeggy, sounds like you need this like a hole in the head! :hugs:

I also hardly eat during the day. I try to have breakfast but lunch is impossible. Lucky we froze about two months worth of dinners. Anna slept for 4 hrs last night she would of gone longer but I woke her up. My husband and I do shifts on the weekend. I have the 9pm 12am and 3am feeds and I pump so he can do the 6am, 9am and 12pm. Works out nicely and I get about 7hrs of sleep.

Anyone know of something to help with baby acne?

bb- with windows 7 even if your pictures protected you can use a tool to steal them.

I also hardly eat during the day. I try to have breakfast but lunch is impossible. Lucky we froze about two months worth of dinners. Anna slept for 4 hrs last night she would of gone longer but I woke her up. My husband and I do shifts on the weekend. I have the 9pm 12am and 3am feeds and I pump so he can do the 6am, 9am and 12pm. Works out nicely and I get about 7hrs of sleep.

Anyone know of something to help with baby acne?

bb- with windows 7 even if your pictures protected you can use a tool to steal them.

I asked my mw about the baby acne on Friday, I was told to only use cotton wool and water and not to put anything on it in case it aggravates it further. It should disappear in 2-3 weeks...

Sorry to hear some people are still having probs breastfeeding. MommyKC don't be hard on yourself, i've been going through a similar upheaval with the breastfeeding and am not sure how much longer I can continue. I am still just expressing on the right side waiting for the deep cracks in my nipples to heal and just nursing off the left. Its been going well to a certain extent but now the crack is back on the left side as i'm feeding from it more and I have a big friction blister on there! I actually cried through a couple of feeds on that side over the weekend, when it was always the right side that would make me do that, hence why the midwife's got me expressing only from there!

So i'm at my witts end to a certain extent. Not only do I feel i'm leaving my 3 yr old, Bella out as i'm either nursing or expressing but also the pain is sometimes getting so unbearable i'm having to phyche myself up to feed her. The reason i'm battling with the decision to stop so much is because I fed Bella for 5 months and I have been determined to get past the pain and get into the 'good phase' as I used to really enjoy it, however I just can't see that ever happening now. :cry: Sophia is 4 wks old today so surely we should be more established/pain free by now?! At least the bleeding has stopped now so she's no longer throwing up blood from my nipples and her poos are now normal and she's putting on weight so I guess that's something.

I have topped up with formula for the last few days as I think she's been going through a growth spurt as never seems satisfied and although I felt really guilty about it the first time we did it and cried my eyes out I now feel fine about it as she seems more settled.

As the right side has almost healed i've decided to give it a few more days and then try to latch her on again and see what happens. I am hoping we can get back to feeding on both sides but if its too painful and she does the damage again I have decided that is it, I can't go through all this again. She's had a month of breastmilk so far which is 1/5 of what I gave Bella as did 5 mths with her and surely with a toddler in the house too (and an OH who is a work a holic and is never here!) that's more than acceptable, right?! Don't know why i'm looking for reassurance, just feel so sad it looks like its coming to this.

My nights at least seem a bit better, they're still v. broken but she's settling back down in her moses basket a bit better and doing a few more chunks of 2-3 hrs, which is better than 1 hr at a time! I got 3 3/4 hrs sleep last night in total which is my best yet, I usually get 2-3 hrs!

I hope everyone else is well. Sorry for the depressing post, think i'm just having one of those days!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Don't feel bad BeanieBaby, you have to do what you have to do to feed your baby. I top up with formula too and I felt terrible about it until I was finally able to see my baby full and content and not hungry. Then I realized it was something I had to do for her. You've given her a full month of breastfeeding so she has received lots of immunities and nutrition from you. You've done so well lasting as long as you have with all of the pain you've had! I don't think I could have done that!

:hugs: to all the ladies who are struggling through brestfeeding ! you are so brave i cant even begin to imagine what its like

Hope you and babies are all doing well , i feel so much better this week less tired and less tearful :thumbup: even though hes still not sleeping too well i think the shock of becoming a mum has finally passed lol and im starting to really enjoy time with my lil man !

xx

anyone know why my profile pic hasnt changed :S ? i uploaded it and it says thats my pic but it isnt strange lol

seems like all the october bumpkin mums who bf have had problems!
i never expected bf to be so hard :(
:hugs: to all. x

Stef you have to change your avatar picture :thumbup: profile picture is what appears if someone visits your profile...it took me ages to work that out :lol:

:( Ugh, I have mastitis. I've been really working hard at giving up nipple shields too, and it's worked on the side I have mastitis! I just don't know what to do now, I'm on awful antibiotics because the stuff they would usually give you is related to penicillin and I'm allergic to that...the doc warned me that these might make me feel ill, and they do! I keep waking up at night with stomach cramps. Like I needed anymore help to get less sleep!

The boob that's still healthy is the one that I'm still having problems getting her to feed from. As far as I can tell she's latched on ok, and she sucks and swallows for a min or so, but then it's just sucking and no swallowing...she'll do it for-literally-ever. Every time she falls asleep and I take her off, she's panicking like she's starving! It's like she can't get the milk, even though there's plenty there when I try to hand express. So every time I end up having to switch her to the other side, which hurts like a bitch but satisfies her.

Can't wait to go to the local baby cafe tomorrow, I'm going to see if they can help me. In the meantime, I'm going to go back to expressing the left side, cause I'll will definitely throw in the towel if I get mastitis on both sides.

Ugh, this is so annoying. Just when I thought I was really getting the hang of this, something messes everything up again. :( At least she's only waking 2-3 times after 12am now.

edit: Awww MommyKC, I hope you manage to get some sleep!

I was given antibiotics similar to that when my stitches got infected i got awful stomach crampsmy doctor pre warned me it was a common side effect it was horrible. Hope it gets better soon. I then had another lovely side effect and i got thrush of the nipples and Chloe got thrush in her mouth due to the antibiotics its seems everything is sent to try us.

:hugs: to all the ladies having problems breastfeeding. Ive been really lucky other then the thrush which means feeding is painful atm. She is doing really well feeding and even with her good weight she seems to be satisfied my breast milk.

Kate i hope you get some sleep soon :hugs:

Chloe did her 1st proper smile yesterday that wasnt related to wind and now she wont stop :cloud9: :cloud9:

I got lucky. I don't know how I survived the 3 week growth spurt but other than that we're making it ok. I wish everyone else was as lucky. :hugs2:

:hugs: to all the ladies having BFing trouble. :(

Last night went much better, Alora slept from 11pm-3am and again from 4am-7am... :D So I did get some sleep... still feel exhausted though but I think that's because I need to catch up on my sleep I've lost over the last week or so. Hopefully she keeps up letting me sleep at night but I'm not holding my breath either. She's slept most of the day today so I have a feeling she may be up tonight. :wacko:

How often is a newborn supposed to be awake during the day anyway? Seems like she basically eats and sleeps, or cries... I can't remember when they start waking up more just to look around or be entertained, etc. :shrug:

I got lucky. I don't know how I survived the 3 week growth spurt but other than that we're making it ok. I wish everyone else was as lucky. :hugs2:

Yep, me too, I haven't really had any problems either, just wish all the other bumpkin mums could say the same. I worried quite a bit in pregnancy about breastfeeding as I had issues feeding my DS, but thankfully things have gone ok this time. Although there is one thing; Do any of you breastfeeding mummies know if the occasional green poo nappy is okay? Alexis had one tonight and one last week but in between times they have been the usual colour. Hope everyone is well xx

A friend told me green poop can mean a cold coming on, or too much fore milk/not enough hind milk.

For me, it was cause I ate prunes. :dohh:

A friend told me green poop can mean a cold coming on, or too much fore milk/not enough hind milk.

For me, it was cause I ate prunes. :dohh:

Hmmm, well she has got the cold at the moment :shrug: I had read about the hind milk issue on the internet but I am doubtful as to whether it is that because she always feeds on one breast for a very long time and I only put her on the other one at the next feed. So can what you eat have an effect on their poo aswell? x

Could be she's allergic to something you ate.

Could be she's allergic to something you ate.

Thanks :flower: I am going to phone my health visitor tomorrow and ask because even though it's only happened twice it's concerning me, I will post back tomorrow and let you all know what she said xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->