• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Yeh he fed each time!
Hubby is really starting to worry about me, he is terrified that the lack of sleep and being the only one who can feed Tristan will lead to PND, I keep telling him I am fine, which I am, I'm just tired.

I feel teary today but that's because I am so tired!!

Yep know the feeling - I too haven't got PND & I don't think it has anything to do with lack of sleep! It's just one of those things. I'd say if you haven't got it yet, then you're probably safe.

I have finally managed to upload some pics of my boy - they're in my parenting journal. Please feel free to take a look.

Added you :)

Can you girls look at this please? https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/459219-interacting-your-newborn.html

What a night last night!! Nights just seem to be getting worse!

This was our night -

Slept 10 - 12
Up 12 - 1.30
Slept 1.30 - 3
Up 3 - 5
Slept 5 - 6.40
Up 6.40 - 7.20
Slept 7.20 - 8
Up 8 - 8.40
Slept 8.40 - 10

:(

I really feel for you, because my nights are similar at the moment! Sucks cause I'm pretty sure I've caught my MIL's cold too. I hope our babies start behaving in the night soon, haha. :hugs: It's annoying because a week or so ago she was giving me at least one 4 hour sleep period. :dohh: Should have savoured it while I could!

Aww just wanted to send huge hugs to the ladies who are feeling rather sleep deprived, hopefully your LO's will start sleeping better soon :hugs: xx

I used photobucket & copy & paste. I have no idea how else to upload pics.:dohh:

He's right on track for the three week growth spurt.

TBH, I think if you were gonna get PND you'd have it by now, hopefully Tristan's sleeping patterns will settle soon for you :hugs:

PND can happen anytime and is most common in health/science field.

BB is Tristan 3 weeks yet? If so you can start introducing the bottle (expressed milk) if you want too.

Did you use the uploader on here? It doesn't seem to work for me :(

BB re piccies here's 2 posts from my journal from earlier which helped me no end. Still took me a while but managed it in the end.

I wonder it they wont upload here because they're too big? I find it easier to link from FB - load the pic in facebook, right click and Copy Image URL. Click on the picture icon in the BnB reply box and post the URL.

Charlie this is what I use to do an avatar picture

https://tinypic.com

Add the photo you want to use as your avatar using browse from your PC, then in the resize drop down box select "Avatar" and then upload. It will then give you the link - use the direct link in the new avatar box in your user CP area and it should work.

You can also resize pictures using Tinypic for adding to the forum - you just need to select "message board" from the drop down options then use the link with at the beginning and end in your post whereever you want to put them.

Hope that makes sense :)[/QUOTE]

PND can happen anytime and is most common in health/science field.

BB is Tristan 3 weeks yet? If so you can start introducing the bottle (expressed milk) if you want too.

Yeah I was under the impression that PND can occur even 6 mths to 1 year later, at least thats what Ive been advised by our occupational health nurse. We have someone at work who suffered from it much later on after the birth of her baby too.

I was also advised to introduce a bottle of expressed milk quite early on due to the problems we have had, I have found Jasmine is so much more settled and happier now. She is sleeping from about 11pm to about 4am, she would sleep longer probably if I let her lol, she will then go back down after changing nappy and feeding her again. Hope you get some sleep soon BB :hugs:

Newmommy im sure people wont mind you joining, she will still be an october bumpkin at heart, you want throught your pregnancy with us so i dotn see why not.

I have been diagnosed with PND, not that the doctor really seemed to care, doesnt really wanna put me on meds due to breastdfeeding but doesnt think its bad enpught for them to give me counselling, bloddy hell how bad does he want it to be? (i tbh think is to do with the fact he was a male so doesnt understand it in the same way) my jornal explains more.

Chloe is 1months old today i really cant beleive it :shock:

Sorry to hear that Phillippa :hugs:

BB I don't really want to bring in a bottle, I was hoping to keep him exclusively BF.

Of course Newmommy! I'll add you both to the front page :) As Phillippa said, you went through pregnancy with us all :D

BeanyBaby - I know how to upload using photobucket etc but I'm not sure how safe the pictures are? Can people right click and save them that way? I know with the BnB uploader people can't take your pictures :)

BeanyBaby - I know how to upload using photobucket etc but I'm not sure how safe the pictures are? Can people right click and save them that way? I know with the BnB uploader people can't take your pictures :)

Just to let you know that people can right click the avatar pics on here and save/use it (not sure if this is true for ALL avatars, but I was told this about mine and it was true) xxxxx

I don't know how to stop it :( It makes me mad that people actually go out of their way to take the pics...... Maybe ask admin if they know how to stop it?

Hope all's ok xxx

Wonderful thread BB i have missed so much, as i was saying to you earlier i dont really have time to get on here anymore. I will start trying to more often. Congrates to all the new mummies. Hopes everyone and their LOs are doing well.

xxx

Just wondered if I could be added to the front page, I was due in October but my little boy, Kian, was 8 days late and came on 1st November.

xx

Added you :)

Can you girls look at this please? https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/459219-interacting-your-newborn.html

What a night last night!! Nights just seem to be getting worse!

This was our night -

Slept 10 - 12
Up 12 - 1.30
Slept 1.30 - 3
Up 3 - 5
Slept 5 - 6.40
Up 6.40 - 7.20
Slept 7.20 - 8
Up 8 - 8.40
Slept 8.40 - 10

:(

I really feel for you, because my nights are similar at the moment! Sucks cause I'm pretty sure I've caught my MIL's cold too. I hope our babies start behaving in the night soon, haha. :hugs: It's annoying because a week or so ago she was giving me at least one 4 hour sleep period. :dohh: Should have savoured it while I could!

I am with you both and sympathise completely. Sophia has been similar to this since day 1, actually it was worse in the beginning as I was getting 1-1.5 hrs sleep and she was cluster feeding throughout the rest of the night. She has her day and night mixed up clearly as is v. settled during the day and sleeps for England. A typical night however is:-

8pm-10pm asleep downstairs but only on us, or occasionally in her bouncy chair, unless she wakes up as she usually does this in the eve as soon as you put her down in her chair/moses basket

10pm-11.15pm breastfeed left side, nappy change, pace around by OH whilst I express from right side

11.15pm bottle of expressed milk by OH to top her up quickly to help settle her down whilst I head to bed

12am-2am/occasionally 2.30am asleep (in her moses basket, finally!)

2am/2.30am-6am cluster breastfeeding sessions where she falls asleep on me, I leave her dozing on me upright to help with wind etc., then she wakes as soon as I put her down, she then motions for another feed with her tongue and screams as if she hasn't fed all night and has forgotten! This goes on throughout the 4 hrs (approx) and in this time I also need to express from the right side to give this to her in a bottle as i'm trying to heal a deep crack so have been told not to feed from that side.

6am Wake OH (30 mins before his alarm) at my witt's end and get him to pace her to sleep whilst I get an hr's kip before I need to get up. She goes off better for him as smells my milk!

6.30-8.30am asleep, however I have to be up at 7am for my 3yr old (who no longer naps in the day so no opportunity for me to catch up on sleep in the day either!).

AM praying all our LO's turn a corner soon!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"