~~++October Bumpkins 2012++~~

Busy week! We had a rubbish night. C's tummy was cearly sore and wouldn't settle and now DH has tummy bug too. Really annoyed w FIL!
Those cookies sound lovely. I miss baking, but it's better for my waistline not to!!!

I spent all of yesterday in the bathroom, not so bad today just feeling exhausted. At least C will be getting the anitbodies to fight it from my milk so it shouldn't be as bad for him.

Hi all

I haven't posted for ages! I've been trying to lay low a bit until 12 weeks so just popping back onto this thread every now and again and trying not to go into the first tri forum!

Hope everyone is ok and things are going great?!

I had another scan last week at 8+3 and it was all fine :)
However, today and yesterday I have just felt so NOT pregnant - boobs are not as sore (they weren't even very sore to start with). Nausea has really lifted now, and again that was only very slight if I didn't eat regularly.
I can't help but feel something is wrong but I am really trying to stay positive.

Does anyone know, when does the placenta start to take over? Just wondering if thats why I am feeling not so pregnant, maybe my body isn't having to work so hard?

x x x

Hello ladies

Just got back from my scan and its not looking good.
I am measuring 5-6 weeks, yoke sac and fetal pole there but no heart beat. In the uk they go with the wait and see approach and so I will be re-scanned in 2 weeks to determine if I have had another missed miscarriage. The midwife I saw was lovely and told me to remain optimistic but how????? So I am entering yet another tww,

Hello ladies

I am measuring 5-6 weeks, yoke sac and fetal pole there but no heart beat. In the uk they go with the wait and see approach and so I will be re-scanned in 2 weeks to determine if I have had another missed miscarriage. The midwife I saw was lovely and told me to remain optimistic but how????? So I am entering yet another tww,

Hugs. 2 weeks? Where I am it's only 1 week. I sincerely hope you just ov'd later. Were you tracking your cycle?
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks for the hugs I need them at the moment,
Yeah I used cbfm so know when I ovulated and got a positive pregnancy test at 10 dpo. When I said that to the midwife she said I hate those early tests, and each early pregnancy grows at a different rate.

Banana chocolate chip cookies sound amazing!! I tried to make plain animal biscuits with DD yesterday but them seem to have come out a bit tasteless... I'm new to this baking lark!! DD and OH like them anyway so I guess that's what's important! I did make banana cake last weekend and that was yummy.... Anyone else finding that pregnancy is making them crave cake???

Loving October Bumpkins!!

Hello ladies

Just wanted to wish you big hugs :hugs::hugs: Will have everything crossed for you xxxx

debzie I don't know what to say except I am thinking of you x

Debzie - I hope in 2 weeks there's your little bubba with a very strong heartbeat - I have everything crossed for you! :hugs:

Debzie, sorry to hear that...how far along do you think you should have been? I have definitely read stories where things have turned out positive! I would try to push for a scan in a week though.
When I had a MMC they also took my blood 3 days apart, and then another scan a week after. The blood results were confirmation really as hcg had gone down.
I think making you wait 2 weeks is really cruel...hope you can get something sorted sooner.

Emsmum - You are just one day behind me, so I was wondering how you are feeling in general? :)

x

Debzie, sorry to hear that...how far along do you think you should have been? I have definitely read stories where things have turned out positive! I would try to push for a scan in a week though.
When I had a MMC they also took my blood 3 days apart, and then another scan a week after. The blood results were confirmation really as hcg had gone down.
I think making you wait 2 weeks is really cruel...hope you can get something sorted sooner.

Emsmum - You are just one day behind me, so I was wondering how you are feeling in general? :)

x

I should be 6+5 today, with mu first missed miscarriage I did kick up a fuss and got in the next week only to find that the sac had grown so they still made me wait another week. I will just wait and see. Again in the past my hcg has always been fine as the placenta and sac continues growing so its not a good indicator for me.

x[/QUOTE]

I should be 6+5 today, with mu first missed miscarriage I did kick up a fuss and got in the next week only to find that the sac had grown so they still made me wait another week. I will just wait and see. Again in the past my hcg has always been fine as the placenta and sac continues growing so its not a good indicator for me.[/QUOTE]

I think you should definitely still be optimistic as you are not much further along than they said :)
Wishing you lots of luck x x x

Debsie I agree with Feanorous I think you can b optimistic too... you're not that far behind your own dates and its well known that they all grow at different rates at this stage (which is why in this country they date you at 12 weeks not earlier). Fingers crossed for 2 weeks time xx

Feanorous my biggest symptom this weekend is a major pain in the butt :wacko: It even hurts to sit down and it is making moving/getting anywhere/doing anything difficult.... am hoping that it dies down and doesn't end up as sciatica!! I have mild nausea and major tiredness most of the time and I'm peeing for England. My bus journey to and from work is making me pretty quesy... not had bad sickness this time though I remember it being much worse last time which makes me worried.... I hate this waiting game! How are you?

Hello ladies

:hugs: and stay positive! I had my first scan at 7+1 and they could not see a heartbeat externally. After doing a vaginal ultrasound and searching for a bit, they finally found it. It could just be that the baby is still too small. I am hoping for you! :)

Does anyone know, when does the placenta start to take over? Just wondering if thats why I am feeling not so pregnant, maybe my body isn't having to work so hard?

x x x

I have read that the placenta takes over around 10 weeks. That could totally be why are aren't feeling as ill.

Hi Ladies. I am 9w today! Yesterday I had these horrible stabbing pains in my abdomen - not the usual cramps and stretching I've been experiencing for the last couple weeks. So I called my doc and thankfully she fit me in. Baby is fine, in fact yesterday it measured 9w1 day! Doc thinks that I am having constipation issues :blush: and that's what caused the pain. I stayed off my feet the rest of the afternoon and felt a lot better. We'll see how today goes...I am an 8th grade teacher and it is impossible to stay off my feet!

I hear ya on the constipation issues. It sucks feeling all backed up. I just read that Metamucil or milk of magnesia are safe at 12 weeks and up, but that's a couple weeks away....grr. I hope you are feeling better.

Sorry to hear about your scan Debzie. :hugs: The wait is terrible when you don't know what the outcome will be. Fingers crossed for you that you get to see that heartbeat soon.

I am so tired of being tired and nauseous!! :sick: I did not have this with DS, so I'm super irritated that I have it now. I've tried ginger ale, homeopathic pills, sea bands. Now I'm thinking maybe b-6 would help? Anyone had luck with that? So hoping this eases off in the next few weeks.

Thanks for changing the name Fifi!! I like it!

I am so tired of being tired and nauseous!! :sick: I did not have this with DS, so I'm super irritated that I have it now. I've tried ginger ale, homeopathic pills, sea bands. Now I'm thinking maybe b-6 would help? Anyone had luck with that? So hoping this eases off in the next few weeks.

I am in the same boat as you! B6 helps a little bit. I drink Propel drinks made by Gatorade which have extra B6 in them and it definitely helps. Believe it or not, what I have found to be the most effective is protein! I will eat a Greek yogurt with 13g of protein per serving and feel good for a few hours.

I am pretty good during the day. It's at nighttime when the sickness hits me the most. I hope you're feeling better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->